Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Neither of us have any idea whether anyone at the club sounded him out about whether he wanted to stay.

Once Gerrard was off he was off as well don’t kid yourself. He’s part of that ratpack. He’s no even a manager and he’s going to be a multi millionaire. Fuck him. 

Don't see the point in being angry with the staff who followed 

What happens if they stay and the new manager doesn't want them

Gerrard is a rat but they did what they had to do as far as I'm concerned, not that I'm in a rush to wish them well

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Once Gerrard was off he was off as well don’t kid yourself. He’s part of that ratpack. He’s no even a manager and he’s going to be a multi millionaire. Fuck him. 

The point remains if the club had no intention of offering him the job, and neither of us know whether they did or didn't, he had no choice but to leave.

No cunt knows whether Beale influenced Gerrard into taking the job, or tried to get him to see the season out with us, decided it jointly together, or left the decision up to Gerrard entirely but told him he'd back him whatever his choice was.

But keep calling him a cunt if it makes you feel better.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A manager should have no say on who we decide to sell as a club?

Mental take that.

A manager isn’t responsible for the financial side of the club anymore .Even back in the day very few were .Jim McClean an obvious example .

If a board of directors want you sell a player ,they sell them

nowt mental about that 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The point remains if the club had no intention of offering him the job, and neither of us know whether they did or didn't, he had no choice but to leave.

No cunt knows whether Beale influenced Gerrard into taking the job, or tried to get him to see the season out with us, decided it jointly together, or left the decision up to Gerrard entirely but told him he'd back him whatever his choice was.

But keep calling him a cunt if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for your insight. I will keep calling all of them cunts as it certainly makes me feel better. It’s therapeutic. You should have a wee listen to yourself btw. 

Gerrard wasn't a Rangers man at the start, wasn't during his tenure and he isn't now that he's left.

He is career driven, wants success and you need the tools to do that in his profession -the tools being money and an environment players want to come and play in.

It's no surprise he's left, grateful that he won us the league but it was always a waiting game of when, not if he would leave. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Smith got last 16 in 10/11 did he not, PSV, also 16 in 06/07, although he managed one round.

It was le guen that got the 06/07, Walter took over when we had qualified, i wasnt sure if psv was last 16 or 32, mind is fucked in work today 

33 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

What we saying to the lack of posts by the players posting goodbye messages. 

Roofe’s wasn’t even worth the bother. :lol: 

Either they are really fucked off about how sneaky a move it was to go to Villa or he may have lost a portion of the dressing room with some post match reactions this year. It definitely hasn’t been a happy camp so far this season 

27 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I asked you this the other night and funnily enough you didn't have a reply

Are you seriously comparing Advocaat spending 70million 22/23 to winning 5 domestic trophies against what Gerrard spent to deliver 1 league....if you are I seriously want to know what drugs you are taking?

Advocaat was signing good standard international players for 4-5 million without batting an eyelid, Gerrard was spending 1.5-3 million on players like Katic, Grezda &Goldson, eventually he would get to spend 7million on Kent

Jeezo Jim that is a ridiculous comparison to be making 

Ps fuck knows what that 70million would equate to in todays money.....well over a 100million I would suspect.....just let that sink in when you are genuinely trying to make comparisons

Advocaats first season 

1539839062_Screenshot_20211112-183050_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a44d6c41e2a42a4194ea5e590df7110a.jpg

Spent 28mill overall, won a treble and did well in europe

710788994_Screenshot_20211112-183357_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.65452993a3d86d03cdf0e6992577a345.jpg

Second season made a transfer profit, won the double, made the CL group stages and iirc was beaten on penalties in the uefa cup

So by my calculations his first two seasons overall he spent 26mill overall, won a treble, a double, made great inroads in europe

Where's the 70mill spent you think he did spend

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Advocaats first season 

1539839062_Screenshot_20211112-183050_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a44d6c41e2a42a4194ea5e590df7110a.jpg

Spent 28mill overall, won a treble and did well in europe

710788994_Screenshot_20211112-183357_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.65452993a3d86d03cdf0e6992577a345.jpg

Second season made a transfer profit, won the double, made the CL group stages and iirc was beaten on penalties in the uefa cup

So by my calculations his first two seasons overall he spent 26mill overall, won a treble, a double, made great inroads in europe

Where's the 70mill spent you think he did spend

It is well documented that Advocaat spent 70million in his tenure, yes he will have brought money back in, like selling Gio for 7.5million to Arsenal....you are clearly trying to deflect, let's just say that the 28million he spent in his first season is worth roughly 40million in todays money.....what do you think Gerrard could have won in his first season if he had 40millon to spend?

It's not even close to being compariable as I think Gerrards net spend in the first season was 8-9million

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It is well documented that Advocaat spent 70million in his tenure, yes he will have brought money back in, like selling Gio for 7.5million to Arsenal....you are clearly trying to deflect, let's just say that the 28million he spent in his first season is worth roughly 40million in todays money.....what do you think Gerrard could have won in his first season if he had 40millon to spend?

It's not even close to being compariable as I think Gerrards net spend in the first season was 8-9million

If its well documented then you can prove it surely, and even if gerrard only spent 8-9mill in his first season, how much did tye sheep spend that same season when they pumped us out of both cups? 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Ps are you going to ignore his 3rd season spend whilst watching the tims win the treble?

@Jimbeamjunior

A tim team that spent nearly 30mill and already had Larrson, yup they won the treble, advocaat also made the CL group stages that season as well

38 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Gerrard is a rat but they did what they had to do as far as I'm concerned, not that I'm in a rush to wish them well

Mate, Beale has said he has aspirations to become a manager. What a glorious chance this was for him to put his name forward for the job. I think Gerrards team made it easy for him to leave with the money package at Villa. Beale knew our workings inside and out but for him to bail on us as well without giving the board a choice to make bothers me. (I don’t know if he did put his name forward btw). I think he’s Gerrards security blanket anyway. Anyway, fuck them it’s over and this therapy is doing me good. 👍

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Mate, Beale has said he has aspirations to become a manager. What a glorious chance this was for him to put his name forward for the job. I think Gerrards team made it easy for him to leave with the money package at Villa. Beale knew our workings inside and out but for him to bail on us as well without giving the board a choice to make bothers me. (I don’t know if he did put his name forward btw). I think he’s Gerrards security blanket anyway. Anyway, fuck them it’s over and this therapy is doing me good. 👍

He didn't bail he left because the guy he answers to bailed on us.

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

A tim team that spent nearly 30mill and already had Larrson, yup they won the treble, advocaat also made the CL group stages that season as well

You didn't answer the previous question?

the amount of players Advocaat signed and fees is eye watering , even small signings like McCann were 2million 23 years ago.....put that into comparison signing Grezda for 2million

What the tims spent is irrelevant as we had clearly spent more than double what they had but Mon had his number, 5 trophies because we totally out spent everyone else....Gerrard was always going to struggle in his first season when you compared our squad against theirs

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Say we don't want him as manager and he didn't go with Gerrard, what would have happened to him?

We don’t know the answer to that, but imagine he would be putting  his CV out to clubs if he was really serious about becoming a manager. 

@Jimbeamjunior

Your argument 

Advocaat achieved more than Gerrard which is correct but the reality is you are comparing the success of a well established manger with a bottomless pit of money against a first year rookie who was taking over possibly one of the worst Rangers squads in our history and was given say 10 million pound to spend on players?

Do you honestly believe that you have a valid argument bigging up Advocaats success against what Gerrard won?

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

To me it's the stupid posts giving it "once a Ranger always a Ranger" and assuming hed be welcomed back to "do it all over again" after winning g 1 trophy out of 9 attempts. Thanks but no thanks.