Football Manager 22

ForeverAndEver

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Release clauses can do one. 

Signed a striker for 13 million, 25 goals, highest average rating in the league, fair few assists. Go on holiday for a week at the end of the season and he’s getting sold for £20 million. Livid

Always remove and exclude all release clauses, even in the pre-negotation stage, unless it's made non-negotiable by the agent then you're stumped or in my case I just don't sign. Never sign or give a new contract to a player with any release clause.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Release clauses can do one. 

Signed a striker for 13 million, 25 goals, highest average rating in the league, fair few assists. Go on holiday for a week at the end of the season and he’s getting sold for £20 million. Livid

I had Eddie Niakati and got offered 10 million for him fine but a very swift reject. 

Psg came back with 20 million and a release clause was triggered that I didn't even know he had as I left it to Ross Wilson to negotiate the deal and that was the last time I did that. 

Thankfully offered him a new deal and took his release clause to 300 million. 

8 hours ago, DeanMK said:

image.thumb.png.5b5f32e042d347e21b0a07323ea778de.png

Current team 3 seasons in. 

Sold some players for BIG money. 

Kent to Wolves - £56m

Hagi to Dynamo Kyiv £24.5m

Bassey to RB Leipzig - £21m

Goldson to Arsenal - £27.5m

Signed Sam Johnstone on a free in my second season and sold him to Bournemouth for £25m a year later.

Aye its mad with fees this year. I got 38 million for Sakala 2nd season :lol:

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Patterson, Ramsey and King still make 3 of my back 4 in my 12th season. 

Other names I have that are playing today are McKenna, Ross McCrorie, Majer and Laidlaw.

Laidlaw for me is exceptional. I've got Lucca and Sesko as my main striker partership and Laidlaw as a backup is just brilliant.

36 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Laidlaw for me is exceptional. I've got Lucca and Sesko as my main striker partership and Laidlaw as a backup is just brilliant.

Him and Tjaland have been my strikeforce for a very long time. Laidlaw is an icon, probably would be a legend if it wasn't for Tjaland. Got a 15 year old last season through the youth setup that looks like he will be the greatest ever though, hes their backup.

2 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Surely yous get bored playing as Rangers when you get teams that good and that amount of money

Suppose it depends on the challenge you set yourself. After a while I start trying to win with youth players mostly.

16 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Surely yous get bored playing as Rangers when you get teams that good and that amount of money

Kind of just want to get the 10 at this point been ages since I played a game long term, next game probably won't go Rangers at all. Started pumping money in to the other clubs in Scotland and upped their attendances using the in-game editor in the hope they challenge more.

18 hours ago, StewGer said:

Aye its mad with fees this year. I got 38 million for Sakala 2nd season :lol:

I signed some lad Pione Sisto who was rapid for like 2m, then ended up getting a better player I didn't expect to get, so he was basically on the bench for the season. Porto offered me 13m the next Summer...

5 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Kind of just want to get the 10 at this point been ages since I played a game long term, next game probably won't go Rangers at all. Started pumping money in to the other clubs in Scotland and upped their attendances using the in-game editor in the hope they challenge more.

I signed some lad Pione Sisto who was rapid for like 2m, then ended up getting a better player I didn't expect to get, so he was basically on the bench for the season. Porto offered me 13m the next Summer...

I plan to win the champions league and ten in a row then I will stop this game and start a lower league English season. I always used to go Chester and build them into a powerhouse. 

19 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I plan to win the champions league and ten in a row then I will stop this game and start a lower league English season. I always used to go Chester and build them into a powerhouse. 

Managed the Champions League mainly from avoiding all of the decent teams. Although the prestige of that is now making the game a bit boring.

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Managed the Champions League mainly from avoiding all of the decent teams. Although the prestige of that is now making the game a bit boring.

It does make things a bit boring though I like to build an all conquering dynasty as well. 

42 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It does make things a bit boring though I like to build an all conquering dynasty as well. 

Been no2 club in europe for about 6 seasons now. Can't seem to ever beat Man Utd who are ridiculously dominant. Only won the champions league once due to them. Keep trying to fall into the EL at the group stages by playing kids but the kids keep pumping the group teams :lol:

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Been no2 club in europe for about 6 seasons now. Can't seem to ever beat Man Utd who are ridiculously dominant. Only won the champions league once due to them. Keep trying to fall into the EL at the group stages by playing kids but the kids keep pumping the group teams :lol:

In mine it's Man City who bought Haland and Real Madrid that are insane. 

Real have won 5 champions leagues in a row and City have 4 prems and have been in the champions league final for the 5 Real wins. 

4 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

In mine it's Man City who bought Haland and Real Madrid that are insane. 

Real have won 5 champions leagues in a row and City have 4 prems and have been in the champions league final for the 5 Real wins. 

It’s Real I keep playing, they had Vinicius and still played a 37 year old Benzema against me.

21 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It’s Real I keep playing, they had Vinicius and still played a 37 year old Benzema against me.

Used to be the case that players over 30 were dumped but on this version of FM you can easily have players into their late 30s and be great consistently. Just make sure you have them training on endurance though after they turn 30.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Used to be the case that players over 30 were dumped but on this version of FM you can easily have players into their late 30s and be great consistently. Just make sure you have them training on endurance though after they turn 30.

Aww I mean I get it, it’s just Vinicius was their main striker and Benzema was their backup by them. Just seemed strange they started him.

On 21/06/2022 at 18:07, esquire8 said:

Should've took that screenshot when Tjaland and Laidlaw scored 143 in one season for me :lol:

Lewendowski hit 80 for me alone last season with Niakith hitting another bundle. 

We don't have game pass so who knows what they will finish on. 

I managed to get Osmane Dembele and Zinchenko along with another 100 plus million of players in the door as bosmans. 

On 25/06/2022 at 15:23, aird said:

Looks like it's going to be fun and games at Rangers in my Man City save :lol:

They currently have a £16.25m bid in for a centre back from Sassuolo.

Capture.PNG

I just got taken over by some rich consortium but with the amount of players I’ve sold for daft sums it didn’t make a difference.

Bought Bruno Fernandes for 50m, basically to spend some of my budget. Anyone with huge potential would go elsewhere or I couldn’t afford their wages.