Football Manager 22

ForeverAndEver

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

any tech gurus on here, know what kind of platform and an acceptable price would be good for running FM22?

I dont think my employers would accept running FM22 off there 2500 laptop lol

I had it running ok on a £500 Ultrabook. You don't need all that much for running the game nowadays. Might get a little slowdown on the match engine but not too much.

New laptop arrived Saturday, and a new save began. Decided I wanted to try something different, so with this in mind, I chose 1860 Munich to try and get them back to the Bundesliga. My Da used to work in Munich and would bring us back these strips instead of Bayern :lol: their story is quite heart breaking tbh.

Started really well, with a cup shock flung in along the way in beating Hoffenheim on penalties, with heartbreak in the same competition as Frankfurt equalised late in ET and beat us in the same manner as we dispatched Hoffenheim. Was tipped to finish first at the start of the season and we are on our way at the half way mark of the season.

1162203209_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.faf59e9832176771fa0886847243bab2.png

1261580035_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.d690ad9b1b6b9f2368091171948da5d7.png

On 06/02/2022 at 02:04, falkirkNS said:

any tech gurus on here, know what kind of platform and an acceptable price would be good for running FM22?

I dont think my employers would accept running FM22 off there 2500 laptop lol

Would depend what you want out your PC to be honest.

Is it purely for doing FM22 or do you think that you would be tempted to play other games?

I would have always in the past advised someone to go with a desktop PC, building it yourself, which takes honestly about 30 minutes and gets you far better parts and lets you know how to upgrade it.

Landscape has totally changed in the last 2 years though with the global chip shortage and Crypto Mining. A graphics card (GPU) that should cost about £300 is selling for £1k now.

FM is very CPU bound im sure, rather than GPU bound. For these reasons I would be looking for a laptop with a good CPU and maybe a lesser GPU. You will also want at least 16gb ram, windows itself takes up almost 8gb of RAM, so you want a good amount left over.

Could probably get a laptop that would play FM22 for about £400 but would probably advise you to stretch it out a bit more and get something a little bit better which will future proof you.

£400 would get you something that could play FM22, let you browse the net etc. You would struggle to play any modern 3d type games like Fifa, COD, Battlefield etc.

£600 would get you something that could play FM22, most current games, but you would have to tone down most of the graphics.

£800 would get you a laptop that would be able to play just about any game at 1080p of decent settings.

£1k plus, you would be looking at getting a serious gaming laptop.

The other option would be to do what I originally suggested and buy and build a good spec PC, but rather that getting a CPU and a GPU, buy something called an APU, which is a basically a processor with a graphics chip built in. Can get some seriously good chips that do this now. The main advantage of the CPU part is very impressive, it would eat FM22, and the GPU part would be totally fine. It would probably cost you about £400 off the top of my head to build the PC, but it would probably at least be on par with the power of the £600 laptop. It would also be totally upgradable, so in the future when prices  come down, you could put in a better GPU and would have a pretty beastly gaming PC. Draw back for this is that it would not have the convenience of a laptop and would need to either hook it up to a TV or a monitor which takes up more space and you might need to buy a monitor etc.

How in depth does everyone take their Football Manager?

I play it about as casually as humanly possible. Set up one formation that always gets used, no real tinkering.

I dont really study the stats, just go by the shape of the attribute analysis.

Let my backroom staff take care of all the training and press conferences etc.

If they had a 'Instant Result' like the old days, I would still probably just do that.

Only real effort I put in is finding the best possible youth players who are good enough to get into the team for about £1-5m then sell them on 2 years later for about £30m.

Playing in Scotland doing this, I would expect to basically clean sweep the country every year, get regular CL football at various levels, usually getting to the quarters after about 3-4 seasons of building my team.

Managing as Rangers is purely just about the most relaxing experience you can get.

Managing in the EPL is a different kettle of fish altogether.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I play it about as casually as humanly possible. Set up one formation that always gets used, no real tinkering.

If they had a 'Instant Result' like the old days, I would still probably just do that.

Only real effort I put in is finding the best possible youth players who are good enough to get into the team for about £1-5m then sell them on 2 years later for about £30m.

Playing in Scotland doing this, I would expect to basically clean sweep the country every year, get regular CL football at various levels, usually getting to the quarters after about 3-4 seasons of building my team.

Managing as Rangers is purely just about the most relaxing experience you can get.

You can just play FM Touch I think. That has the instant result option and all the main features.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You can just play FM Touch I think. That has the instant result option and all the main features.

Used to do that mate, but as far as I know they scrapped it this year.

Last few years it was just the touch version that I bought. Got forced down the full fat route either this year or last year, cant remember which.

You can get 3rd party skins that offer Instant Results but they are mostly skins for standard width screens and I love the ultrawide that I use and dont want the big border lines of forcing it to a lower res.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Used to do that mate, but as far as I know they scrapped it this year.

Last few years it was just the touch version that I bought. Got forced down the full fat route either this year or last year, cant remember which.

You can get 3rd party skins that offer Instant Results but they are mostly skins for standard width screens and I love the ultrawide that I use and dont want the big border lines of forcing it to a lower res.

Didn't even realise cause I was playing it using Game Pass. Read you can play the Xbox version on PC, don't know if that would be quicker.

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You can download skins (inc a default version) that have an 'Instant Result' button, pal. It works on the full fat FM as well.

I haven't used it before so I'm not sure how it works but I know a lot of people play this way to get through seasons quicker.

I streamline a lot such as press conferences but I do study stats and spend hours trawling through players in random countries. I give myself little challenges from time to time - so currently I'm Pompey in the Championship and I have a kind of MLS salary style cap in my team. I basically have a relatively small wage (for the division) that I'm happy to pay most players, if they want higher than I find someone else but I give myself sort of 3 Designated spots to break this cap. Not something I'm planning to do for the whole save just sort of happened during my rebuild when I took over :lol:

I rarely tinker with my tactics. I used to but I just don't have the time these days so I try to create something that works and only really change it when we go on a bad run.

EDIT - Just saw that you mentioned the Instant Result skins!

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sounds absolutely shite, be better playing Fifa career mode and simming every game

12 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Very in depth compared to most tbh but it's not that in depth to me if that makes sense. Been playing the game every year since 97 so don't need crash courses when a new game is released.

I religiously stick to one formation per save. If it doesn't work then try another on another save and eventually come to one that works. 

My staff barely do anything for me as I don't trust them one bit. I take all the training etc but its through saved schedules learnt over the years. This gets far more out of your players than leaving it to your assistant even if they are the best in the world.

If you want instant result then the best skins I think for high resolution is Flut or OPZ.

Most of the years edition lifespan is taken up by playing Rangers but do other saves with different countries and continents to build up my own experience.

The past few years have made playing UK leagues very dull though due to the WP issue.

On 07/02/2022 at 13:48, Mr Soprano said:

New laptop arrived Saturday, and a new save began. Decided I wanted to try something different, so with this in mind, I chose 1860 Munich to try and get them back to the Bundesliga. My Da used to work in Munich and would bring us back these strips instead of Bayern :lol: their story is quite heart breaking tbh.

Started really well, with a cup shock flung in along the way in beating Hoffenheim on penalties, with heartbreak in the same competition as Frankfurt equalised late in ET and beat us in the same manner as we dispatched Hoffenheim. Was tipped to finish first at the start of the season and we are on our way at the half way mark of the season.

1162203209_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.faf59e9832176771fa0886847243bab2.png

1261580035_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.d690ad9b1b6b9f2368091171948da5d7.png

What laptop did you get bud?

Got the run in of Serie A coming up. 8 games to go 6pts clear. Already bringing in Sesko for next year, since I've had him on loan since January. 

Got my eye on Zabarnyi and another Ukrainian that shouldn't cost too much and Goncalo Inacio from Sporting. 

Friday and Monday off work, so I'm hammering it :lol:

22 minutes ago, aird said:

Got the run in of Serie A coming up. 8 games to go 6pts clear. Already bringing in Sesko for next year, since I've had him on loan since January. 

Got my eye on Zabarnyi and another Ukrainian that shouldn't cost too much and Goncalo Inacio from Sporting. 

Friday and Monday off work, so I'm hammering it :lol:

Think he’s at Chelsea at mine, value is over 100 million iirc :lol: 

I've had the usual issue of not playing in weeks, now don't know if I can be bothered to carry on my save :lol:

Might start a new one now January is finished. I always want to try clubs all over the world but by time the game starts I've reverted to Scottish Lower Leagues.