Football Manager 22

ForeverAndEver

3 hours ago, Jelavic191 said:

Looks interesting. What team did you go?

Coalville Town after doing about 30 simulations from the date it generates the promoted teams, done it in the background during work at home :lol: 

Rep is like 1800 which seems to be the lowest of teams likely to come up. Anything less than that is very rare. The Met Police was an option but I opted for the mighty Coalville.

They’ve got no youth set up at all or at the very least very, very basic and limited. Strong FA Cup runs will be vital to get the funds and grow.

No scouting etc is perfect for me really these days too, just don’t have the same time to enjoy the game - getting olders shite! :beer:

There is a database in the steam workshop that has a full on British league all put into the English pyramid system only downside I've come across is the number of games in the 2nd half of the season as there are 24 teams in the top league added with the European games you end up playing every 2 days if you are successful in the cups. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the in game editor and can check something for me?

I'm currently doing a Rangers save, 2nd season. So the B team aren't in the lowland league any more and don't play matches.

I'm just wanting to see if I can add them to a league midway through a save using the editor before I buy it.

20 hours ago, aird said:

Does anyone have the in game editor and can check something for me?

I'm currently doing a Rangers save, 2nd season. So the B team aren't in the lowland league any more and don't play matches.

I'm just wanting to see if I can add them to a league midway through a save using the editor before I buy it.

You can't change leagues in game. There will be a mod in steam workshop that probably does this though, you'd need to start a new save though.

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You can't change leagues in game. There will be a mod in steam workshop that probably does this though, you'd need to start a new save though.

Aye, I thought that. This is my probably my final save for this year, so looks like I'll need to exploit the loan market for my players. 

2 minutes ago, aird said:

Aye, I thought that. This is my probably my final save for this year, so looks like I'll need to exploit the loan market for my players. 

Yeah, you've got to scrap the b team with us. Any player over 18 and not good enough for the 1st team has to go out on loan.

2 hours ago, aird said:

Hopefully next year you get the option to join the league again that you get with the u18s. 

Doubt it. The option is unchecked in the database for the reserve team to enter the reserve league due to having a b team. SI have no interest in adding highland and lowland leagues. Use one of the custom databases you can download that adds the entire pyramid structure and puts us and the tarrier b teams in league 2 but can't get promoted past league 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Holidayed into like end of 2022, early 2023 as an unemployed no badge Sunday league experience manager as I always do. Applied for jobs but only considered ones I really fancied.

Got Slough Town dead bottom of blue square south (it’ll always be that name to me) who hadn’t won in 15 games and were 13 points from safety about halfway or just over into the season.

I’m on matchday 37 now of a 46 game season and I’ve climbed to 22nd, with one place above me before safety. However, that 13 point gap is now a mere 5 points. I recruited well and took my chances with 6 loans from leagues above with nowhere near enough time to scout properly.

Most have hit the ground running and my trusted FM22 4-4-2 diamond formation with a trademark Half Back and Carrilero inclusion has worked wonders - only 3 losses in around ~10+ games.

Life can be shite but there’s always FM. I love it.

17 hours ago, aird said:

That was a busy transfer window :lol:

Sold Ortega my first choice keeper, didn't manage to get a replacement and got stuck with Jed Steer for the last 6mths of the season.

Capture.PNG

Yeah I absolutely fucked it before loaning out keepers, and ended up with a season of Ross Doohan on the bench, luckily Onana stayed fit. The only available free keeper that wasn't fit for part time football.

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah I absolutely fucked it before loaning out keepers, and ended up with a season of Ross Doohan on the bench, luckily Onana stayed fit. The only available free keeper that wasn't fit for part time football.

Fortunately Steer didn't too bad. Won the league undefeated and help us get to the Europa League quarters and finished with more clean sheets than goals conceded :lol: 

I’ll buy it anyway because I’ve had every edition since 2005 plus the champ mans before it and I suppose I’ve actually ended up collecting them now (albeit for the most part digitally on Steam)

But those ‘new features’ are incredibly disappointing

Its beyond belief that set pieces are still such a clusterfuck. For example, in terms of not being able to rank who you want attacking the front post at a corner so that if there’s any changes to tactics or players on the pitch then the team knows how to re-organise for your set piece routine.

Instead they all panic like morons and you've now got your Jumping 17 centre back now staying back with your 5’5 left winger with Bravery 1 marking the keeper

There’s no excuse for that being neglected for so long it’s piss poor 

Also international management has been dead for as long as I can remember

I accept they can’t really do anything about the long periods between games but other than a very mundane National Pool screen there’s next to nothing to do. You can’t even do the training, why?

And when you go to the World Cup or any other tournament your players are shattered after 3 games meaning if you go far in the completion you either have to play an eleven of exhausted players or start essentially reserve players in the Final.

No national team fully rotates a squad like that in real life

• 2 weeks later...

I made a very quick custom DB last night where I've put us and Celtic in England. Currently letting it sim a few seasons while I'm working to see if it's worth playing.

We got relegated in our first season and we are struggling to even get into the playoff spots in the second season. Celtic are going to be relegated in the second season.

Weirdly we have stuck with Gio, while they have sacked Postecoglu and Ranieri and are now onto Koeman. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I made a very quick custom DB last night where I've put us and celtic in England. Currently letting it sim a few seasons while I'm working to see if it's worth playing.

We got relegated in our first season and we are struggling to even get into the playoff spots in the second season. celtic are going to be relegated in the second season.

Weirdly we have stuck with Gio, while they have sacked Postecoglu and Ranieri and are now onto Koeman. 

There is a database in the workshop already done but Rangers start in the group stage of the Champions League in the first season . I managed to win the league in the 2nd season . 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Will easily go down as the greatest striker I've ever managed in FM. Still going strong at 31.

9 seasons, 551 Rangers goals, 451 league goals. 8 in a row European golden shoe winner.

Absolute legend.

Screenshot (85).png

Screenshot (86).png

65 goals in a season. Mental :lol: