Goldson

GOAT

13 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

Would love him to stay. Reckon he’s either already signed for someone or he’s waiting to see if we get champions league football next season. 

CL I reckon but im now thinking he’ll sign prior to RB and if not, definitely should we progress through to the EL final

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

For every harry mcguire there's a bargain out there, and as much as he'll cost probably around 7mill if stories are true, vickers for the tarriers is more than good enough for our league and probably good enough for Europe with a decent manager 

We might not get the same reliability in terms of games played as goldson, infact we wont, however ability wise we could

The Dutch boy we are linked with Doekhi looks like an ideal replacement on paper and he’s a bosman, hopefully that’s a goer. 

13 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

215 games for us in four seasons. 53 games so far this season that will go to 60 and hopefully 61.

Nobody else is that consistent or injury free. He makes a couple of mistakes - everyone does, but if you play that many games, you get noticed more because you are always on the pitch and sent up for every corner in 215 games.

Why do Rangers "allegedly" get so many penalties? - because we spend so much time in the opposition's penalty box.

Why do Goldson errors get noticed more than others? - because he is always there and always involved. It's the same thing.

I'd prefer him to get a contract agreed and stay, but if not he leaves with my very best wishes and thanks.

A question for the stats guys - who was the last outfield player to manage 60 games in a season for Rangers? (I don't know the answer!)

Barry Ferguson did 62 in 2007-08, maybe Davie Weir that season too ?

9 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

215 games for us in four seasons. 53 games so far this season that will go to 60 and hopefully 61.

Nobody else is that consistent or injury free. He makes a couple of mistakes - everyone does, but if you play that many games, you get noticed more because you are always on the pitch and sent up for every corner in 215 games.

Why do Rangers "allegedly" get so many penalties? - because we spend so much time in the opposition's penalty box.

Why do Goldson errors get noticed more than others? - because he is always there and always involved. It's the same thing.

I'd prefer him to get a contract agreed and stay, but if not he leaves with my very best wishes and thanks.

A question for the stats guys - who was the last outfield player to manage 60 games in a season for Rangers? (I don't know the answer!)

That many games is highly unusual I would have thought, with the number of European qualifiers and getting to the latter stages as well. I think he's pretty high up in the all time European appearances for us in only 4 seasons.

He even plays against the dross in the early rounds of the domestic cups.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Barry Ferguson did 62 in 2007-08, maybe Davie Weir that season too ?

think Cuellar played nearly all maybe even all games 07/08 season.

46 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The Dutch boy we are linked with Doekhi looks like an ideal replacement on paper and he’s a bosman, hopefully that’s a goer. 

Any signing wether bosman or purchase comes at a risk, you hope scouting negates a lot of that risk but unfortunately some players just don't come and settle, svensson for example, cardoso, alves

But you have signings like "wtf are we thinking about" that absolutely nail it, clint hill for example

You got to imagine we have been busy scouting players to replace goldson, so given the time spent on it, id genuinely hope we started working on deals like now, Doehki if one should be massively in talks the now 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Any signing wether bosman or purchase comes at a risk, you hope scouting negates a lot of that risk but unfortunately some players just don't come and settle, svensson for example, cardoso, alves

But you have signings like "wtf are we thinking about" that absolutely nail it, clint hill for example

You got to imagine we have been busy scouting players to replace goldson, so given the time spent on it, id genuinely hope we started working on deals like now, Doehki if one should be massively in talks the now 

With the size of rebuild we require you’d hope we have at least a couple of bosmans tied up, the lack of news on Doekhi makes me think he’s agreed a pre contract somewhere(hopefully us)

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah he was banned for at least one league game for the handball at the piggery 

yeah remember that now, don't think he missed many more then, I think we played the most games we could have played that season as we reached all finals, think there was at least one replayed as well if i remember correctly, surely that's got to be the most games we have ever played in one season.

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

With the size of rebuild we require you’d hope we have at least a couple of bosmans tied up, the lack of news on Doekhi makes me think he’s agreed a pre contract somewhere(hopefully us)

I don't think we announce Doekhi until its announced Goldson is leaving. Usually how this executive board work.

Just now, esquire8 said:

I don't think we announce Doekhi until its announced Goldson is leaving. Usually how this executive board work.

Think we need Doekhi and 1 more if Goldson leaves tbh, get rid Balogun Helander and Katic and promote King to 4th choice, given the shambles our defence has been this season it needs a complete overhaul. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Think we need Doekhi and 1 more if Goldson leaves tbh, get rid Balogun Helander and Katic and promote King to 4th choice, given the shambles our defence has been this season it needs a complete overhaul. 

We ain't getting rid of Helander, probably likely we offer Balogun a new contract too.

13 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If we get Doehki and one more, sell/release the rest and promote king to 4th choice, that leaves us woefully short as souttar will be 3rd choice and not only is he really not good enough for the level we are aiming at, he's made of the same stuff ramsey is and is a good bet to be crocked a lot

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we get Doehki and one more, sell/release the rest and promote king to 4th choice, that leaves us woefully short as souttar will be 3rd choice and not only is he really not good enough for the level we are aiming at, he's made of the same stuff ramsey is and is a good bet to be crocked a lot

Is Souttar any more unreliable than our current 3rd choice Balogun/Helander? we also have Sands who could fill in there in an emergency 

41 minutes ago, dbyst said:

yeah remember that now, don't think he missed many more then, I think we played the most games we could have played that season as we reached all finals, think there was at least one replayed as well if i remember correctly, surely that's got to be the most games we have ever played in one season.

Think every Scottish cup tie went to a replay that year 🤕

29 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think Helander will be leaving .We do definitely need to find a pathway for King to get in the first team .Otherwise he will be gone before we know it and for a fraction what we got for Paterson .

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Don’t think Helander will be leaving .We do definitely need to find a pathway for King to get in the first team .Otherwise he will be gone before we know it and for a fraction what we got for Paterson .

Think King has a fair bit to go physically to be considered for first team, it’ll come in time I’m sure but most CHs these days are build like sheizenhouses. 

21 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I’d take anything we can get for Helander tbh, hardly ever fit and looked miles off it when he came back(before he got injured again) 

25 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Is Souttar any more unreliable than our current 3rd choice Balogun/Helander? we also have Sands who could fill in there in an emergency 

No but we've seen just how much a disrupted defence can fuck us over, bassey for all his faults deserves a massive amount of credit for being shunted left back and centre half constantly, 

I also have the feeling gio might try switch us to a back 3 permanently, the way he had tav and barisic basically playing wing back at home to braga, but instead of having Jack or lundstram cover them we'll keep them centrally and have a spare centre half instead 

An attacking mid in behind 2 strikers, or two attacking mids behind one striker, solid shape, fluidity in changing shape etc