Goldson

GOAT

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He will be missed. A leader who is never injured will be hard to replace.

His mind is made up. He is soaking up the atmosphere of the fans lately.

He doesn't come across as an emotional guy but Hampden will be some send-off for him when we win.

8 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You can tell by his reaction at the end of Thursday's game and today's game that he's soaking it all in before he leaves. He'll know he isn't moving to another club as special as ours. There aren't many in world football.

I think he’s always been one to soak up the atmosphere

Good on the ball, but not as good off it and defensively we keep getting caught out at set pieces. 

Wish him the best in summer, but not worth the money he wants especially with no sell on value due to his age. 

Bow out with the Europa League and you can hold your head high Connor

1 minute ago, five stars said:

He's a good player but time to move on. Balagon can play right centre half and we'll have Souttar soon too.

Balogun will 34 after the summer and souttar isn’t as good and has potential injury issues 

13 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Good on the ball, but not as good off it and defensively we keep getting caught out at set pieces. 

Wish him the best in summer, but not worth the money he wants especially with no sell on value due to his age. 

Bow out with the Europa League and you can hold your head high Connor

How much is it going to cost us to replace him though because finding a good centre half, even at this level, doesn’t come cheap. 

He’s head and shoulders above Carter-Vickers and it’s being said celtic are going to have to pay 6 million for him. Celtic paid over 4 million for Starfelt and he’s dog shit. I think Goldson is far better than Helander is and we paid what, 3 million for him.

Everybody has an expectation that we are going to sign Doekhi, but I don’t think that’s the guarantee others do, so I think we would be better off giving Goldson what he’s after (within reason) and sticking with what we know. 

54 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He will regret leaving and we will miss him, no one stands to win except his family and that’s ultimately why he’s doing it. I can’t fault his reasons but I still think from a career perspective he’ll miss days like today and Thursday.

If we can sign Doekhi as well as souttar I’ll be relatively happy (provided the latter can stay fit) but if we can’t get Doekhi I think we’ll have to spend to get a replacement in, not sure of many bosmans that will be up to the standard required.

Goldson .He’s a Bosman for somebody .

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

How much is it going to cost us to replace him though because finding a good centre half, even at this level, doesn’t come cheap. 

He’s head and shoulders above Carter-Vickers and it’s being said celtic are going to have to pay 6 million for him. celtic paid over 4 million for Starfelt and he’s dog shit. I think Goldson is far better than Helander is and we paid what, 3 million for him.

Everybody has an expectation that we are going to sign Doekhi, but I don’t think that’s the guarantee others do, so I think we would be better off giving Goldson what he’s after (within reason) and sticking with what we know. 

Depends, you could pick up someone on a free if we’re smart and pay them similar to what Goldsons on. 

Main issue with Goldson is he wants a big pay rise and he’s the wrong side of 30 for us to give him one. He’s incredibly reliable in terms of availability, but defensively he’s not worth making him our highest earner…

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Meh, never a leader. A finger pointer. It’s everyone else’s fault when things fuck up with him. We will find better. He will never be at a better club than Rangers. It’s when he retires he will realize it. Build a spine Rangers and we will be ok. 

Mad take.

I'd be fine if he signs a new deal but I won't be gutted if he leaves for more money. Deserves all the praise for some massive moments but he still drives me insane when he's under any sort of pressure. He panics but not in the I better clear it way, it just seems to make him lose the ability to do anything at speed. Almost got caught a couple of times today and has done plenty of times in the season. 

My only fear is if he goes, we absolutely have to have a contingency. We need to sign some quality because he won't be easy to replace. I certainly don't think Bassey can be centre back long term, again, I love him but he gives up 2 dangerous chances a game it seems 😂

Tldr - I hope we can come to agreement with Goldson but wouldn't be prepared to make him one of the highest paid players at the club. 

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Depends, you could pick up someone on a free if we’re smart and pay them similar to what Goldsons on. 

Main issue with Goldson is he wants a big pay rise and he’s the wrong side of 30 for us to give him one. He’s incredibly reliable in terms of availability, but defensively he’s not worth making him our highest earner…

He’s 29…

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Cant blame Goldson for wanting to make the best deal possible for himself and family.

Problem he has is our club has to cover itself and who knows who we may have done a pre-contract with

Rangers will know if he has been negotiating a pre-contract with another club.