Change of captaincy GIO, just for starters

falkirkNS

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Yes. Jack was picked because he was probably our best performer and having him on RTV rather than others would have prompted far less negative responses directly to the club's social media accounts. Its why the club (and most others) often go silent on socials after this so they can manage/limit negative responses to the content. Christ, we don't even both writing up the manager's quotes for the website after games like this because of the reaction it gets. At least if they put up someone popular and who played relatively well like Jack, there will be plenty of comments there that (regardless of what he says) will be 'next captain' or 'he gets it' etc.

Had they put Tav up, there would have been reams of personal abuse directed at him and given the overreactions from our support at the best of times, it's not always worth the hassle."

there is logic in that i suppose. I don't agree with it, but i can see why they would do it. thanks

I want the armband to go to the right man for the next four months. I couldn't care if it is a loanee, a player coming back from injury or fuck it, maybe even our goalie. I want the man best suited to do the right job for the next 3-4 months.

Personally, I don't think it is Tavernier, I never have. But no doubt, as sure as the sun comes up, the undroppable will lead his team on to the park on Sunday maintaining the status quo.

And for the people who find threads like this tedious, ask yourself this - why does it keep coming up?

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure Ramsey fits your criteria tbh.

No one said anything about being mates, but Tav is clearly respected in the dressing room as captain. So there has to be a consideration given to the impact of changing it. And what does it say to the likes of mcgregor or Jack if a 4 month loanee gets it? 

I'm not even arguing on behalf of Tav retaining or losing the captaincy. I can see both sides. But the thought of giving it to a loanee who hasn't set foot on the grass and who the players barely even know is just absurd. But then maybe he'd look good wearing the armband what with his A list status..

1. Not sure Ramsey fits your criteria tbh.

ideally international experience.....captain of Wales when Gareth Bale isn't playing

a track record of winning stuff preferably..... 3 FA cups, 1 Seria A etc ......

the balls to front the media after a defeat .... TBC

the brains not to tell the world we aren't up to the job....I doubt a top player with loads of media training would be naive enough to pen an article highlighitng a lack of belief

the ability to discharge the basics of his position .... you saying Ramsey cant execute all that is required in his favoured position

a better trophy haul than 1 in 10 as captain....1....Fair enough he's not captained a winning side but he has been in a winning side many a time

2. Tav is clearly respected in the dressing room as captain

What is that statement based on exactly?

Just like Boris Johnson is well supported by the cabinet? Nobody is going to come out and say otherwise publicly are they. 

It's not an absurd proposition to suggest giving the captaincy to an incoming player who has been widely regarded as our biggest signing in 20+ years. Had we got Ramos on loan from PSG would you be arguing he shouldn't be made captain too simply because Tav's well liked? 

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

1. Not sure Ramsey fits your criteria tbh.

ideally international experience.....captain of Wales when Gareth Bale isn't playing

a track record of winning stuff preferably..... 3 FA cups, 1 Seria A etc ......

the balls to front the media after a defeat .... TBC

the brains not to tell the world we aren't up to the job....I doubt a top player with loads of media training would be naive enough to pen an article highlighitng a lack of belief

the ability to discharge the basics of his position .... you saying Ramsey cant execute all that is required in his favoured position

a better trophy haul than 1 in 10 as captain....1....Fair enough he's not captained a winning side but he has been in a winning side many a time

2. Tav is clearly respected in the dressing room as captain

What is that statement based on exactly?

Just like Boris Johnson is well supported by the cabinet? Nobody is going to come out and say otherwise publicly are they. 

It's not an absurd proposition to suggest giving the captaincy to an incoming player who has been widely regarded as our biggest signing in 20+ years. Had we got Ramos on loan from PSG would you be arguing he shouldn't be made captain too simply because Tav's well liked? 

So yes, he barely fits the criteria.

Ah right, so we'll not take the squad at face value as it doesn't suit your narrative, we'll take them to be liars instead.

Did gazza or Laudrup or De Boer get made club captain? Has any decent club made a 4month loanee club captain, ever? Do we know if he'd want it? 

I don't think any loanee should be made captain. He's committed to nothing more than 4 months and it would completely devalue the role. 

Utter nonsense suggestion.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So yes, he barely fits the criteria.

Ah right, so we'll not take the squad at face value as it doesn't suit your narrative, we'll take them to be liars instead.

Did gazza or Laudrup or De Boer get made club captain? Has any decent club made a 4month loanee club captain, ever? Do we know if he'd want it? 

I don't think any loanee should be made captain. He's committed to nothing more than 4 months and it would completely devalue the role. 

Utter nonsense suggestion.

Ok, so we will just suit your narrative andassume everyone is delighted to have Tav as their captain on thepitch.

Richard Gough was perfect captain material so no need to change to Gazza/Laudrup. Similarly with Amaruso/Ferguson during De Boer's time at Rangers. We've got Tavernier as captain who is a million miles away from the 3 i've just mentioned.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Ok, so we will just suit your narrative andassume everyone is delighted to have Tav as their captain on thepitch.

Richard Gough was perfect captain material so no need to change to Gazza/Laudrup. Similarly with Amaruso/Ferguson during De Boer's time at Rangers. We've got Tavernier as captain who is a million miles away from the 3 i've just mentioned.

Close to being absolutely mental.

We got pumped so your immediate knee jerk reaction is to play the "Tav isn't a captain" trump card. Now your idea is to remove him as Captain at a crucial stage in the season whilst asking him to still go out there every game with his head held up and perform. You want to make a 4 month loanee club captain and think the changing room will just react fine? 

It's actually no close to being mental, it's full blown bat shit crazy.

2 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

never said anything about that did i

Kinda aye. Your reaction after a defeat is to rip the captaincy off the captain like that's going to make a difference to our pressing game and other problems in our setup that is costing us rather than who the captain is. 

Funny how when we're winning fuck all is said about captains.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Close to being absolutely mental.

We got pumped so your immediate knee jerk reaction is to play the "Tav isn't a captain" trump card. Now your idea is to remove him as Captain at a crucial stage in the season whilst asking him to still go out there every game with his head held up and perform. You want to make a 4 month loanee club captain and think the changing room will just react fine? 

It's actually no close to being mental, it's full blown bat shit crazy.

Who said it was a knee jerk reaction to Wednesday. I’ve advocated stripping the captaincy off Tav for a few years.

Nor am I asking him to go play for the rest of the season. He’s been utter shite.

Needs dropped and can play himself back into the team and form. 

To my mind keeping a captain who’s not up to the job of captaining and by the nature of position means almost untouchable despite the fact he’s completely off the boils is what you call ‘mental’!

Just now, beararse said:

Who said it was a knee jerk reaction to Wednesday. I’ve advocated stripping the captaincy off Tav for a few years.

Nor am I asking him to go play for the rest of the season. He’s been utter shite.

Needs dropped and can play himself back into the team and form. 

To my mind keeping a captain who’s not up to the job of captaining and by the nature of position means almost untouchable despite the fact he’s completely off the boils is what you call ‘mental’!

Ok. So to further evidence you being mental you now want to play hearts without Tav? You playing the new polish boy right back? Maybe Balougun right back? Whos starting there for you?

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Ok. So to further evidence you being mental you now want to play hearts without Tav? You playing the new polish boy right back? Maybe Balougun right back? Whos starting there for you?

Yep, just like I want Barisic nowhere near the team. Both are being asked to defend and neither can.

He should be replaced by the back up right back. Which ever one is deemed the best replacement.

Ill bookmark this in the event Tav plays and makes a cunt of things. You do likewise if it’s Balogun or Zukuski.

You can have a go at me then if Tav turns it on.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep, just like I want Barisic nowhere near the team. Both are being asked to defend and neither can.

He should be replaced by the back up right back. Which ever one is deemed the best replacement.

Ill bookmark this in the event Tav plays and makes a cunt of things. You do likewise if it’s Balogun or Zukuski.

You can have a go at me then if Tav turns it on.

So aye like I said. Mental.

On 02/02/2022 at 22:21, sassaaaa said:

Hopefully the 3 losers will be gone , because we are winning fuck all with them in the side.

I agree its time to say goodbye and thank them for the service they gave the club.

They could not handle it under Gerrard and they don't seem to be handling it under GVB. 

33 minutes ago, beararse said:

I'm not assuming that. I'm saying that when I recall players talking about him being captain they speak highly and positively. I've no reason to believe its not the case, and no basis to consider them to be liars. 

That's the route you've taken, without any substance, such us your animosity towards him / him in the role. Which is piss poor just to fit your narrative.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

An in form and completely without injury Ryan Jack would probably be my captain, but him staying fit for any length of time is never happening so it is what it is right now.

Agreed Re Jack IF he could stay fit but he has not shown he can unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not assuming that. I'm saying that when I recall players talking about him being captain they speak highly and positively. I've no reason to believe its not the case, and no basis to consider them to be liars. 

That's the route you've taken, without any substance, such us your animosity towards him / him in the role. Which is piss poor just to fit your narrative.

You don’t have to be a liar. You just need to know when to keep your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself.

11 hours ago, beararse said:

Personally I’d drop Tav and first game Ramsey plays, install him as captain.

Dead simple.

Nobody can argue that Tav doesn’t need dropped nor can they feel aggrieved if Ramsey is names captain with his experience and A list status.

If/when Tav returns Ramsey keeps the arm band and come the summer Ramsey keeps the captaincy if he stays or one of the new signings (Doehki/Souttar?) or Jack if fit becomes the main man.

Tav can concentrate on defending.  

Wow.