Change of captaincy GIO, just for starters

falkirkNS

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

The whole point of a forum is to openly discuss subjects we, as individuals, feel are relevant. If you dont feel it’s worth discussing then you, I or anyone else can quickly move on and read another thread.

I don’t understand why folk openly and constantly moan on RM that this or that is being posted or discussed, either for the first time or repeatedly.

Fucking blouses, some of them must have sore thumbs or sore keyboard....

17 minutes ago, beararse said:

And?

Not known for his leadership qualities just very quietly confident in his own abilities 

do you think he ripped folks a new arsehole? Or do you think the many other characters in that dressing room contributed to motivating those around them?

My point is - a captain is just tokenism .  

38 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Crying for Tav to be stripped of the captaincy every time we lose a high profile game just reeks of rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic type of stuff.

Ryan Jack is already at the club and among the players every day which means his voice is already being heard.  He will already be four of five players - McGrgeor, Tav, Goldson, Jack, Arfield - in that dressing room who are considered the leaders of it and they shouldn’t/don’t need an armband to show it.

Too many people obsess with who’s wearing the armband as if it’s going to make an ounce of difference when it won’t. 

Here’s a question then. Why name a captain? Surely if what you say is true  then the manager could change the captain weekly if he chooses. Also begs the question why you and others are getting irritated by me suggesting Ramsey as captain?

Presumably if results weren’t good you wouldn’t be questioning the chopping and changing of the captain?

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not known for his leadership qualities just very quietly confident in his own abilities 

do you think he ripped folks a new arsehole? Or do you think the many other characters in that dressing room contributed to motivating those around them?

My point is - a captain is just tokenism .  

You will agree that Klos was excellent at his job tho?

If Tav was performing at a high level and not subject to lapses in concentration we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

You can’t have captain who can’t fulfil his actual playing duties. As a defender, Tav is highly suspect. Hence the main reason why he shouldn’t be captain.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

If Tav was performing at a high level and not subject to lapses in concentration we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

You can’t have captain who can’t fulfil his actual playing duties. As a defender, Tav is highly suspect. Hence the main reason why he shouldn’t be captain.

As I said. I don’t care who is captain as long as we have many characters in our dressing room that can support, motivate and help others around them.  This job should never be down to one player 

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

As I said. I don’t care who is captain as long as we have many characters in our dressing room that can support, motivate and help others around them.  This job should never be down to one player 

Well, that’s one point of view I suppose. Bottom line is we all want success and have different thoughts on how that can be achieved.

Whoever our main characters are in the dressing room had better get going otherwise we will struggle for the remainder of the season based on Wednesday and Sunday and the previous Wednesday.

4 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Okay let me rephrase "carried". He's certainly been there in big moments and an important driving force (almost captain like:lol:) when others havent. Motherwell as you mentioned, St Mirren, Aberdeen at Ibrox, St Johnstone. A few games there where he's driven us forward or been the player to change the game for us with something. Most of those points we've picked up from losing positions he's been apart of it somehow.

No doubt he's had some bad games too!

Aberdeen at ibrox, wasn't that tge game brown bullied him and scored the second from a corner? 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Wed night wasnt a lapse in concentration from tav though, he might as well have not been there, compare baloguns performance at ibrox to tavs on wed night, and balogun was playing out of position 

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wed night wasnt a lapse in concentration from tav though, he might as well have not been there, compare baloguns performance at ibrox to tavs on wed night, and balogun was playing out of position 

I was being kind 🤣

I think our problems stem from this in all honesty… We lack a proper leader! Rangers teams of old always had a captain that would drive the team when we’re struggling. Tav is just not that guy! But the deeper problem is we don’t really have that character in the team… Jack spends more time on the treatment table and Arfield will likely be gone in a year or so.

Desire, enthusiasm, motivated and determination… every one of our players should possess these qualities… sadly few genuinely do.

4 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

@Jimbeamjunior just completely ignoring how much of a cunt he made of it talking about Ferguson/Advocaat

That season we finished with 8 league losses and 4 draws, 1 of the draws and 4 if the losses came when amo was captain in the first 13 games, the last 25 under ferguson as captain we drew 3 and lost 4, we didnt win a thing but results definitely picked up

Ferguson got the armband by Halloween after 3 league losses on the bounce, we didnt lose another league game till February and that was a 1-0 at the piggery, markedly better than the 6-2 when amo was captain earlier in the season, in fergies first 13 league games as captain we won 11 and drew 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That season we finished with 8 league losses and 4 draws, 1 of the draws and 4 if the losses came when amo was captain in the first 13 games, the last 25 under ferguson as captain we drew 3 and lost 4, we didnt win a thing but results definitely picked up

Ferguson got the armband by Halloween after 3 league losses on the bounce, we didnt lose another league game till February and that was a 1-0 at the piggery, markedly better than the 6-2 when amo was captain earlier in the season, in fergies first 13 league games as captain we won 11 and drew 2

Dress it up however you want, you said it worked for Advocaat when it absolutely didn't

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Aye, but that doesn't change the fact it didn't work for Advocaat

Of course it did, before the change we had lost more games than the tarriers did all season, we were never going to catch them, had we continued for the season at the same points per game as we had by the time of the change, we'd have finished only 6pts ahead of 3rd place hibs, and arguably it might have been worse given the way we were

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course it did, before the change we had lost more games than the tarriers did all season, we were never going to catch them, had we continued for the season at the same points per game as we had by the time of the change, we'd have finished only 6pts ahead of 3rd place hibs, and arguably it might have been worse given the way we were

OK mate

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If gio changed captain tomorrow and we won 11, drew 2 and lost 1 theres an excellent chance we win the league

Would changing captains give the team that bounce though? Jack aside, there's no obvious candidates and Jack himself is always injured.