Difference between us and them

plymouthranger

They had to start from scratch in the summer. 

It's an absolute disgrace we are sitting here 3 behind them after being 6 clear a month or 2 ago. 

Our away form is a red neck and we have to beat them twice and no more fuck ups to win it in all honesty. Do these players and management have that in them? I'll be stunned if we do 

6 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

They have 4/5 players in their squad who are popping up with crucial goals late in tight games. 

We are so reliant on Morelos and when he’s not at it in the league, the likes of Roofe, Kent, Aribo, Sakala aren’t getting those game winning goals.

Means fuck all scoring the 5th vs Hearts when you don’t do it in the tight games. 

Roofe and Tav scored more than Morelos is the league last season, this season he's only started scoring really when GVB came in his record before that was awful, I do not get the reliance part, we need more goals again throughout the team.

We have needed better strikers for at least two seasons as we fail to finish teams off, hence all the draws.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They have a better defence than us and more guys in their team/squad who chip in with goals.

Unbelievably i think from Boardroom level to their playing squad they look like they want it more than us which is unforgivable.

Sadly that couldn't be more true. The scum are hungrier for it than what we are, and unfortunately I can't see that changing.

At least we stopped the 10.

There are narrow margins at the top of the league. There are a few factors that have made the difference. 

The systemic issue is poor refereeing decisions and the early shutdown. That 100% helped them as they had so many injuries. But neither of these should be an excuse for us and our poor form. There has been a 9 point swing since the shutdown.  

These systemic issues don’t make Diallo not square to Sakala or influence our defensive errors or failure to put teams away. Every signing they’ve made has hit the ground running and immediately contributed important goals. We’ve had injury and AFCON/International players missing.  We continue to stutter since the shutdown, especially away. Our fanfare signing has managed about 45 mins on the park and has not influenced any game we’ve played so far. There is a lot of football to be played and I’m sure they will drop points. The reality is they are now the form team in the Division and we need to beat them next game and also cannot afford to drop more points. 

To win the league u do have to find a way of turning the draws into victories and obviously play until the last kick of the ball because that's when the opposition are getting tired. I have to give a grudging respect to them just now because they are getting the job done but we are making it SO easy for them :ang::ang:

23 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They have a better defence than us and more guys in their team/squad who chip in with goals.

Unbelievably i think from Boardroom level to their playing squad they look like they want it more than us which is unforgivable.

They don't have a better defense? Only Juranovic would get in our side from their back four

Thier defense is not good, Dundee put 2 past them. Thier strength is midfield and attack but mostly midfield. If our midfield matches thiers we will win, if we sit back we will lost and if we go for it they will fall apart. Thier defense is poor and being covered by the work rate of thier midfield.  Every game in Europe they have had the other team has took on thier midfield and got the bettet of them as frodo gump showed.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They have the best defensive record in league.

Aye they dont have the best defence in the traditional sense (neither do we). However they defend from the front, press and give these poor teams no time on the ball just like we did last season, like they did under lennon at first and rodgers before him.

Our defence, like celtic's, looks so much better 40/50 yards away from our own goal. The only difference is we haven't done it as much as we should!

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Aye they dont have the best defence in the traditional sense (neither do we). However they defend from the front, press and give these poor teams no time on the ball just like we did last season, like they did under lennon at first and rodgers before him.

Our defence, like celtic's, looks so much better 40/50 yards away from our own goal. The only difference is we haven't done it as much as we should!

On paper we have the best defenders but between the issue at centre half/ left back and a keeper who looks like it’s one season too many we just look like conceding anytime a cross comes into our box.

On 20/02/2022 at 23:02, Smile said:

Roofe and Tav scored more than Morelos is the league last season, this season he's only started scoring really when GVB came in his record before that was awful, I do not get the reliance part, we need more goals again throughout the team.

We have needed better strikers for at least two seasons as we fail to finish teams off, hence all the draws.

Morelos is too temperamental to ever hang your hat on ... ok at his best he does produce the goods but it takes so little to knock him off and most the time you're just wondering when it's all going to unravel again 

19 hours ago, The true baller said:

They don't have a better defense? Only Juranovic would get in our side from their back four

Not sure, Harts been better than McGregor, they’ve kept more clean sheets and Juranovic and Carter Vickers are upgrades on who we’ve been playing in those positions (Bassey/Borna)

21 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

The biggest difference is they have a few striker options and they are all chipping in, we have Morelos and that's it. If he isn't firing we're fucked.

Really disappointed in Roofe, for £4.5million he should be able to play as the striker in our system and he just can’t.

Every time he’s started up top for us this season he’s been garbage. We don’t play with 2x 10s anymore, so he’s literally a waste of a wage (when fit) 

37 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Morelos is too temperamental to ever hang your hat on ... ok at his best he does produce the goods but it takes so little to knock him off and most the time you're just wondering when it's all going to unravel again 

When was the last time he was sent off? Or even got involved in a flashpoint you thought he might? It’s been years. Who’s needs enemies when you’ve got our own support towing the yahoos media pals party line. 

45 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

He's been better since GVB came in but still feel we need much better.

9 minutes ago, SPWF said:

When was the last time he was sent off? Or even got involved in a flashpoint you thought he might? It’s been years. Who’s needs enemies when you’ve got our own support towing the yahoos media pals party line. 

I didn't really mean his discipline he's pretty much got on top of that I just mean his form is too patchy for me 

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I think that's it exactly if we got a more consistent player up front we would realise what we have been missing

Yes,I agree we would have won the game with the two chances he snatched at upfront and finishing teams off has been a problem.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes,I agree we would have won the game with the two chances he snatched at upfront and finishing teams off has been a problem.

The problem is every time we slip up we give a bang average tim team confidence so not only are we losing points ourselves we are making them stronger ... wed are at the crucial part of the season even one victory dug out now against the odds can make all the difference in May