Difference between us and them

plymouthranger

Just now, Drumloyal said:

Tbf, he would have if he hadn't been manhandled in the box or if Diallo had fuckin eyes. 

Regardless, that’s one game. 

Abada, Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Jota have all scored winners in 85+ minutes for them. 

I’m not sure any of our forwards have. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Regardless, that’s one game. 

Abada, Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Jota have all scored winners in 85+ minutes for them. 

I’m not sure any of our forwards have. 

Not disputing the point mate, just highlighting the issue. 

Ref and sheer horrendous luck fucked us hard today and we didn't show enough nous to negate that. 

Did anyone watch the full game?

Reason I ask is did they have the equivalent of a brick wall for 90 odd  minutes and did they equal or better our attempts on goal?

We already know what we faced today in terms of opposition was like Aberdeen a few weeks ago where suddenly performances are increased in intensity but as usual disappears when it doesn't matter as much.

I think today really contrasts it quite well unfortunately for us.

Both teams have that much more of the ball that the opposition by the last 20 minutes are shattered.

The real problem is they've consistently worn teams down all season because they play one way. We on the other hand have been so choppy. Gerrard seemed to move away from what we did last season and only started to get back to it weeks before he left. Gio hasn't really done it outwith a few games apart from maybe Easter Rd and the past few games including today.

We need more control and patience with every game for the rest of the season!

Basically we've not done enough of what we should be to give the likes of Morelos, Kent, Aribo, Sakala, Roofe etc. Those big chances later in games when it is tight.

15 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

They win games in the last 5 minutes, we throw them away. Tells you all you need to know about the difference in character, fight, self belief and bottle.

As much as it's a good trait to have ,  it doesn't fill you with confidence having to scrape through in the last 5 minutes too often . 

One day it won't happen . 

32 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Them winning the league cup without much effort still fucking rankles, it's gave them something to build on and here we are still not won a fucking cup, fucking fat Flange is basically given it in his first attempt, last year we won the league but it's the only thing these players of ours have won, too many with a weak mentality still play for us and when the chips are down and the pressure is on we usually sink.

They could win the treble this season with a manager who we should’ve seen off by Xmas. 

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

They could win the treble this season with a manager who we should’ve seen off by Xmas. 

Exactly, if we fire in a tipical cup performance like we've seen when it gets to business end, then there's every chance, fucking boils my heed they way our jersey becomes too heavy for some when it's time to step up.

League wise - that's the 4th time this season they've turned a draw into a win in the last 5 minutes.(vs Aberdeen, Ross County, Dundee Utd, Dundee).

Within the last 5 minutes of a game, we have managed to turn a draw into a win on 1 occasion(vs Hibs).

They have dropped points within the last 5 minutes on 1 occasion(vs Hearts)

We have dropped points in the last 5 minutes on 2 occasions(vs Hearts, Ross County)

They have only came back from a losing position once(vs Dundee). However they have only went a goal down in 4 games this season.

We have came back from a losing position 7 times - 5 wins(Vs St Johnstone, Hibs, St Mirren, Motherwell, Ross County) 2 draws (vs Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) - We have went a goal down in 9 games this season.

I don't think we can really blame luck when you  concede the first goal in 9 games out of 27... That's depressing. If anything it's kind of a miracle we are only 3 points behind...

20 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

That's great, we giving them trebles now aswell as the league! :confused:

Given the fact we’re 3 (effectively 4 with GD) points behind them in the league, plus they’ve won a cup under a rookie manager and we’ve failed to win 1 in 4 years, it’s not that unlikely. 

Would be a fucking embarrassment in our 150th year, losing a 6 point lead, to a side who had about 7 first team players in summer, managed by a guy who had previously never managed in Europe.

It’s an absolute fucking shitshow that we’re in this position

32 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Given the fact we’re 3 (effectively 4 with GD) points behind them in the league, plus they’ve won a cup under a rookie manager and we’ve failed to win 1 in 4 years, it’s not that unlikely. 

Would be a fucking embarrassment in our 150th year, losing a 6 point lead, to a side who had about 7 first team players in summer, managed by a guy who had previously never managed in Europe.

It’s an absolute fucking shitshow that we’re in this position

I wonder if the same people moaned when they were handed their 8.75 in a row with us 13 points behind with a game in hand (9 games left for us) of them and still to play them twice. That "may" well have been insurmountable (maybe not)...At best could have ended up a 4 point deficit, before remainder of games left. 

We are only 3 points behind with the same amount of games played (got them twice) and plenty left so I'll no be giving up. 

3 hours ago, Siam69 said:

They remind me of us last season, in that last season if we went 1 down or needed a winner in the last 10mins I wasn't overly worried, as we always seemed to get what was needed. 

That said, we were a much better team than they are, and you do feel luck has to run out, there has been absolutely loads of last ditch winners, and a team who aren't scared of them like what happened in Europe will beat them. 

3 points is nothing is a title race with so many games left, but it's immaterial if we don't win our games first and foremost. 

I'm not completely convinced their luck will run out since its been happening since December at least. 

We have to beat them twice and I think we absolutely can do that. 

I’d also add they are getting some amount of decisions and we are getting none.

These dubious decisions from months ago like Kyogo offside against Hearts at that stage didn’t matter but now it does. Penalty for Dundee today not given, offside goal against Aberdeen, extra time on top of extra time to beat Ross County - I could go on.

Today alone on decisions it’s a 4 point swing

Incredibly they still pedal refs this and refs that in our favour - Its blatantly not the case. All you need to do is watch 90mins at Ibrox to see our players carded at the 1st opportunity where as the opposition continually foul and get away with it - It’s not a level playing field 

I wish we would just call it out for what it is