Mygers

stevemac

thinking of signing up, but unsure how it works. I know full well It'll take ages to get to the point of being offered a ST but at least I'll have a shot at getting tickets for the smaller games and build up points. 

Is it worth signing up now or waiting until the end of the season?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, stevemac said:

thinking of signing up, but unsure how it works. I know full well It'll take ages to get to the point of being offered a ST but at least I'll have a shot at getting tickets for the smaller games and build up points. 

Is it worth signing up now or waiting until the end of the season?

Thanks

If you sign up now for MyGers and go on the wait list I'd say there's a reasonably good chance of you being offered a ST in the summer if you are looking for a single seat.

Only issue is you will be paying now for MyGers and then again in the Summer for 22/23.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

If you sign up now for MyGers and go on the wait list I'd say there's a reasonably good chance of you being offered an ST in the summer if you are looking for a single seat.

Only issue is you will be paying now for MyGers and then again in the Summer for 22/23.

its 35 quid isnt it? aye im just after a single seat, not fussy where it is. Now that I can afford to go and don't work weekends, I'd love the chance for another. I guess its worth the 35 quid if there is a chance id get a ST for next season, even if it means paying again

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think (stress I think, I could be wrong) if you sign up under your current Rangers number it auto-calculates your historical points on that Rangers number. 

so does that suggest that it won't matter if i sign up now or in the summer, I'd have the same chance of getting one then as I would signing up now?

Just now, stevemac said:

its 35 quid isnt it? aye im just after a single seat, not fussy where it is. Now that I can afford to go and don't work weekends, I'd love the chance for another. I guess its worth the 35 quid if there is a chance id get a ST for next season, even if it means paying again

Yeah it is. I assume it's cheaper because you wouldn't get the pack this late. It will only last until end of May then you will have to renew again.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

so does that suggest that it won't matter if i sign up now or in the summer, I'd have the same chance of getting one then as I would signing up now?

You get 20 points for purchasing a MyGers membership. So you will have an extra 20 points if you buy this years too. Theoretically that gives you a better chance of getting offered one but how much of a better chance who knows.

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

so general consensus, should i sign up now or wait til the summer? im indecisive as fuck man

If you sign up now your more likely to be offered a season ticket as soon as the renewals deadline is complete.

You will still need to register your interest in a season ticket though once you sign up to be offered one.

Also if you sign up now you’ll be able to get tickets for the last 2 home games after the split before the general sale.

do they just email you when the ST's go on sale or if you are offered one? obviously won't be for a few month yet but just so I know what I'll have to do (if anything) or if they contact me or if i just have to keep logging in and seeing if it appears on my account.

11 minutes ago, stevemac said:

do they just email you when the ST's go on sale or if you are offered one? obviously won't be for a few month yet but just so I know what I'll have to do (if anything) or if they contact me or if i just have to keep logging in and seeing if it appears on my account.

With the above it won't be a few months, they will be looking for renewals in the next few weeks , i think last year we renewed before the previous season was finished

2 minutes ago, mus said:

With the above it won't be a few months, they will be looking for renewals in the next few weeks , i think last year we renewed before the previous season was finished

I've bit the bullet and signed up anyway. how do they usually contact you if a ST is available?

4 hours ago, stevemac said:

Long story short, I gave my ticket up 3 years ago due to work, instantly regretted it, joined mygers and went on waiting list, you need to 'Buy' it on the Rangers website but it's a free purchase. Roughly 5 weeks later a season ticket appeared in my basket as if by magic :thumbup: