Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Pretty good but not outstanding. If we weren't falling apart and putting the pressure on every weekend I'm sure their results would be slightly different. 

Everything changed for them when they humiliated us at Celtic Park.

If your auntie had baws etc

Pretty good but not outstanding. If we weren't falling apart and putting the pressure on every weekend I'm sure their results would be slightly different. 

Everything changed for them when they humiliated us at Celtic Park.

Pendulum swung when they got that last minute winner against Dundee Utd the same day we blew it at County.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

The only thing I agree with you on is we don't get done the way we did at Parkhead under Gerrard. I'm not convinced he wins us a title this season. Partly because these players aren't champions.

I'm no convinced on Gerrard but they are piss poor 

And I hated cunts saying the taigs didn't deserve 7, 8, 9 in a row because we were pish at the time, at the end of the day you need to win it!

Difference is I believe Gio has instilled a horrible mentality in this team that it's alright if you don't win, his interviews scream that

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Well by that note Gerrard and Gio aren’t good enough.

Arguably gerrard wasn't, he spent what? 30mill mininum, couldn't win a single domestic cup, their boss did it in 3 months

Gerrard spent what he did and relied on a tarrier implosion to win the league, 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

And I hated cunts saying the taigs didn't deserve 7, 8, 9 in a row because we were pish at the time, at the end of the day you need to win it!

Difference is I believe Gio has instilled a horrible mentality in this team that it's alright if you don't win, his interviews scream that

I think this notion that they're piss poor is a comfort blanket. They're a better team than us with an identity and that's why they're going to win the league. 

Gerrard built a team to play a certain way and the players bought into that. Gio is trying to get them to play a slightly different style and mentally especially the cautious approach that bleeds into our play once we get in front.

If he's to stay then his work in the transfer market has to improve 100% not sure who takes the blame for January but it's been a disaster. Factor a few players who really should if been moved on to refresh the squad properly before the season started. Right now we have a huge squad but realistically almost 50% are no more than average. We need a squad of around 16 to 18 who possesses real quality and supplement the remainder with utility players and the academy. I think we will see a major clear out in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The only thing I agree with you on is we don't get done the way we did at Parkhead under Gerrard. I'm not convinced he wins us a title this season. Partly because these players aren't champions.

Not a chance we drop 14 point's in three month's under Gerard.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Doesn't matter, he had us 4 clear.

Left us in a position of strength in the league. 

Gio then proceded to fuck it up dropping points to Motherwell, United, Aberdeen, Dundee, County and a hamering and home defeat to the taigs.

Shite management.

We had played 13 won 9 drawn 3 lost 1 under Gerrard this season. Embarrassed out of CL, struggled to qualify for europa and left when we were almost out of Europe. 

Under Gio we have played 19 won 13 drawn 4 lost 2. He got a win and draw to make sure we qualified from europa league and take us this far with some excellent performances in Europe. 

It's due to their slow start we were ahead, they have since went 25 games undefeated whereas with Gerrards shitebags we've stuttered in the league when the expectations have been high. 

For me the squad needs cleared out before the manager. 

The manager could and should have changed things around during or just after the 2 nd half got underway.

He didn't by keeping Aribo & Ramsay on they were the problem in that they didn't offer or defend their positions going forward as options or win enough duels to make their mark on the game thats fucking hopeless man management in a game that was more important for us than at any time this season .

GVB stuck with that shitshow from those two and it cost us going forward numerous times today for that alone they've all but gifted the fucking title , however they weren't alone the sloppy passing from the Keeper and the Two central defenders when in plenty of space time and again is yet another nail in his hopes to pin that managerial job down the buck stops with management .

The general attitude from the team this season has been nothing short of despicable as for management that was a fucking capitulation today they've let this fester and standards are nowhere near good enough .

In the League where it matters there's barely no interest in retaining a title by demonstrating the levels of performance they did for 55 so it now looks like we are lumbered with a bunch of gutless cunts who clearly don't give a fuck alongside a management that cannot demonstrate an ability to raise standards from a squad of unambitious cunts with no desire to improve or work for each other .

Biggest test and they've fucked it up by their collective don't give a fuck attitude that's been festering since Gerrard's tenure.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

How does a manager instill a horrible mentality, surely a professional footballer wants to win every single game no matter what the manager says, 

Today showed once again that our supposed big name players lack the mentality needed to slug it out when needed, a trait they showed under gerrard more times than can be counted

Fuck even last season when they came to ibrox, we fluked the win, had not one shot on goal but who gives a fuck eh cause we fluked a win 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It does matter. They’ve dropped 6? Points since that rat bastard left, we’re no worse than when he did leave. He started the rot, Gio’s continuing it

We’ve only won 50% of our league games since the winter break. That’s a fucking shocking record by any stretch of the imagination and with the way we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot and putting no pressure on them it’s no wonder they are cruising to results

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I think this notion that they're piss poor is a comfort blanket. They're a better team than us with an identity and that's why they're going to win the league. 

They aren't though and it annoys me more saying that

Back 4, I'd take Vickers but that's about it

Midfield I'd always have McGregor & the last few games I'd have Rogic over Aribo etc

Upfront Morelos wins vs any of them. Wide players you've got to look at Kent, his contribution is shocking 

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what fuck ups did gio do today? That he didn't learn from

They starting 11 is the one everyone would have picked, we scored after 3 mins, and low and behold the players shat the bed again

People say sub roofe, for who? We have no other strikers

Taking off ramsey instead of aribo, aye possibly, however after the goal we were pretty much toothless anyway so who knows if ramsey would gave contributed near the end, 

Apart from sheep away and tarriers away, the points dropped before today were individual errors that no manager would have been able to stop, 

The same individual errors that players were blamed for under the previous manager are now being placed on the managers head

Maybe at half time he could have told them to stop with the 40 yard punts out of defence as we give away possession almost every time. He could also have said "the crossing into the box multiple times isn't working so let's mix it up a bit and try short passes to feet and runs into the box" and even "Rogic is getting too much space so Jack or Lundstram close him down more"

Crazy I know but isn't that kind of bread and butter for a manager at any level?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

This is why we shouldn't employ someone on the back of being a former player. Ridiculous levels of defence given when they are clearly miles out of their depth.

Lesson learned on my part. Thought he would be a good fit but clearly not fit at all. Not going to pick any names out for the next one, let the incompetent board do that.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We’ve only won 50% of our league games since the winter break. That’s a fucking shocking record by any stretch of the imagination and with the way we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot and putting no pressure on them it’s no wonder they are cruising to results

Of course it’s shite, but it’s not a surprise is it? Same players letting us down, time and time again. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How does a manager instill a horrible mentality, surely a professional footballer wants to win every single game no matter what the manager says, 

Today showed once again that our supposed big name players lack the mentality needed to slug it out when needed, a trait they showed under gerrard more times than can be counted

Fuck even last season when they came to ibrox, we fluked the win, had not one shot on goal but who gives a fuck eh cause we fluked a win 

There's only so long you can blame the players, that same squad dominated the taigs over 4 games last season, doesn't matter how you look at it

The difference is Gio, he had the initial manager bounce but it died after the break and its shown in our performances

We need to pull the plug now or we're accepting them winning the next 2/3 titles minimum 

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

Gerrard dropped 9 from 39 and Gio has dropped 14 out of 57, both are shite. Gio’s looks worse because he won every game since he joined in the league until the winter break, so he’s lost all the points since then, but we know that this squad has it in them to crumble after a winter break.

Is Gio blameless no, is he solely to blame absolutely not.

If we had the money I’d get shot of the vast majority of the squad and the manager and coaching staff but we don’t so something has to give.

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

Nope in less than 3 months prior to covid gerrard dropped ten points (no games against the tarriers) and got us pumped out the cup at tynecastle 

Covid saved his job as the unbeaten since new year tarrier team was coming to ibrox and gonna hump us

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We gave the last manager with a record like that another season 

Lesson learned on my part. Thought he would be a good fit but clearly not fit at all. Not going to pick any names out for the next one, let the incompetent board do that.

And that is another massive worry now, if gio leaves or is sacked

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

His European results, clearly he can be tactical sound etc when the players want to be, scudding dortmund away but losing at home to the tarriers, is that the manager kf the players fault, 

Gerrard and these players got results in Europe as well. They ended up with one trophy to show for it. 

Europe has always been a bonus for us and we've done exceptional there with games like dortmund

But Gio's domestic form has me worried. We can't just blame everything on the players and give gio some pass because it's not his squad.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

There's only so long you can blame the players, that same squad dominated the taigs over 4 games last season, doesn't matter how you look at it

The difference is Gio, he had the initial manager bounce but it died after the break and its shown in our performances

We need to pull the plug now or we're accepting them winning the next 2/3 titles minimum 

That same squad shat the bed two times previously in the league, to the point where our captain said they dont cope well under pressure