Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

The sad reality is that's true of almost any manager now. The only possible exceptions would be guys who are close to retirement and/or Rangers men. 

I’d like to think some managers would rather manager us than go to a shite club like Nottingham Forrest. 

Just now, Tommy Stubbs said:

I’d like to think some managers would rather manager us than go to a shite club like Nottingham Forrest. 

Would like to think so too but, if it's not later in the season with the club set to go down, I don't realistically see an SPL manager - even at us - turning down an EPL gig unless they've got a deep connection to the club. I might be wrong, and some might have the wisdom to see how much bigger we are than those clubs in every way except financially, but I think the vast majority of managers see the EPL as the promised land. 

If an EPL side came in for Gio after the Europa run would he have stayed? I doubt it.

Any manager that gets an offer from EPL whilst managing here is likely to go. The fat controller would leave them had wolves offered him the position most likely.

I’d think if Dyche was doing well enough here to get an EPL offer it would be a good thing as that would mean he would a) have to have won the league at least once and b) done well in Europe (depending on what team went in for him from EPL as Europe is a pipe dream for many)

little point in debating this all now, Gio will be here for the foreseeable and someone like Dyche is likely to get an offer at some point he’d take before we sack Gio and then make any kind of move.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Then you've got one player doing X while the rest of the players are doing Y as they expect the corner taker to do what has been planned.

If you see a corner going to be an inswinger instead of an outswinger then not even our players are stupid enough to do the same thing 

Surely???? 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If you see a corner going to be an inswinger instead of an outswinger then not even our players are stupid enough to do the same thing 

Surely???? 

Unless it's something you've actually worked on then there's no organisation of who does what, who goes where, who stays back and who makes what runs etc and it just becomes a case of hump it into the area and hope someone's there.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He got a window for the epl if that window passes he will widen his horizons. 

He could have easily sidestepped the question and said Ranges have a manager I can't comment on that job instead he said he knew the director of football, has a good relationship and would love to be invited to an old firm. That's nothing like ruling himself out 

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Unless it's something you've actually worked on then there's no organisation of who does what, who goes where, who stays back and who makes what runs etc and it just becomes a case of hump it into the area and hope someone's there.

To be honest that doesn't seem far from the truth.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sounds like our outswinging corners tbh

18 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: how about yous two grow a pair of balls and try get something organised then, instead of greeting online about how the support get what they deserve and stop relying on others 

Only 1 cunt greeting here and its no me.

3 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

If we do drop points against St Mirren he will not go mate, The board will give him time until some players come back from Injury it is a ded cert.

The board have no problem letting things fester and fester as proven over the years.

Unfortunately very true with this board. 

Board seems to think players back will be a magic solution. It won't do anything when the manager absolutely insists on playing the same approach no matter what regardless of who's available. 

As usual this board is going to wait until the title is gone before acting. 

32 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Unfortunately very true with this board. 

Board seems to think players back will be a magic solution. It won't do anything when the manager absolutely insists on playing the same approach no matter what regardless of who's available. 

As usual this board is going to wait until the title is gone before acting. 

Which is complete bollocks considering Goldson and Lawrence are the only two regular starters who are currently injured. Every other player out is either always injured anyway or a benchwarmer.

The board are just desperately looking for excuses not to sack him and that’s the best they can come up with.