Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Was a really frustrated crowd and there were plenty boo’s at halftime. 

What were you hoping for?

Chants of Gio/Wilson GTF, pelters being dished out for 90 minutes. Anger.

There were as many clapping at half time as there were booing. Most folk didn't even react.

8 minutes ago, mark1963 said:

He watches Matondo in training, started him tonight,gave him an hour , he is not a good manager.

Out of who is available who should he have started instead of Matondo? Wright, while excellent IMO when he came on against tired legs, and the catalyst for our win, has received tons of abuse on here for his playing ability.

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

There were as many clapping at half time as there were booing. Most folk didn't even react.

Did you try and start any of those chants tonight at Ibrox which you suggest yourself? If so did you get much support?

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I actually thought there was meant to be banners, sure I’d read something. 

I sit in BF4, definitely all boo’s where I was. 

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Do you actually think fans chanting is going to affect the board’s decision especially when we won,when and not if we drop more points is when the fun starts even Gio knows he’s on borrowed time.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Do you actually think fans chanting is going to affect the board’s decision especially when we won,when and not if we drop more points is when the fun starts even Gio knows he’s on borrowed time.

Fan displeasure saw the Australia debacle binned. So yes.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Expected the atmosphere to be poison tonight. Instead it was total apathy. No chance he is going anywhere soon. The fan base is allowing him to stay.

Fuck off back to the team you actually support then and leave the Rangers fans to it then ya dick

This hope from the board that a few players return from injury and we miraculously become a force again is proper winding me up. That to me confirms what all of our eyes are seeing week after week that there’s no collective system in place to deliver success, and instead relies on individuals to deliver moments of magic to win games. 

For as good a signing as Tom Lawrence looked in his early appearances, does his return mean we completely shift from a horseshoe, turgid style of play to a team that entertains the fans & merits the spending of hard earned money that the supporters shell out? Not a chance. This is his style, it was the same dross at Feyenoord as it is here.

His shite yesterday about us losing the league from a 6 point head start last season nearly sent me to the drink. That’s the sort of insanity you’d expect to hear on Clyde SSB. There is NOTHING to suggest we can shorten the 7 point gap never mind overtake it. Cannot wait till the guy is away. 

Nothing to say that hasn’t already been said.

Its not working out and it’s most likely never going to work out, but he’s not going anywhere.

Maybe do a cup double. Can’t see us challenging for the title next season either if he stays on that long though, I can’t see us maintaining a challenge for a prolonged period of time under him and I can’t see us dominate old firms either any time soon. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Its not working out and it’s most likely never going to work out, but he’s not going anywhere.

Maybe do a cup double. Can’t see us challenging for the title next season either if he stays on that long though, I can’t see us maintaining a challenge for a prolonged period of time under him and I can’t see us dominate old firms either any time soon. 

I can’t even imagine how crazy Ibrox will be if we get turned over on January 2nd with him still here. 

Kent and Tillman got it tight a few times they fucked it up. Thought we were pish tbh and any half decent side would have caught us on the break.

I’m not looking forward to playing the scum with Tav, King, Davies and Barasic as the back four. Sands and Lundstram together with Tillman who is as energetic as a 50 year old is some fucking midfield man. Horrible to watch tbh 

I think this board will wait until the summer and have review of how the season went before any decision is made about GVB. I think our season stands the strong possibility of being a car crash and this board will wait until it is fully played out. The board will cite the injuries and be quietly laughing about the CL money coming in. GVB suits them at the moment, no need to spend money on change and they will hope that he walks so they don't have to have a pay out.

We need a complete reset starting at the top and working it's way down. The Boards biggest decision is to appoint a manager, they have RW as their shield because that is his job but they put him in place and he has proven to be not very good at the job. To my mind the DoF role needs scrapped and a new manager will be the man who green lights if someone is signed. The board can organise some one to run the youth and developement but first team must belong to the manager without interferance from others on who is signed.

19 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Kent and Tillman got it tight a few times they fucked it up. Thought we were pish tbh and any half decent side would have caught us on the break.

I’m not looking forward to playing the scum with Tav, King, Davies and Barasic as the back four. Sands and Lundstram together with Tillman who is as energetic as a 50 year old is some fucking midfield man. Horrible to watch tbh 

Goldson, Yilmaz, Lawrence, Roofe, Sakala and Jack will all be back

Roofe + Jack, for how long, nobody knows but I'd hope they can stay fit for the 2 weeks between the season restart and playing them

51 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Ironically, our best source of encouragement in this current state actually comes from across the city.

In the 55 season, they imploded with Lennon and Liewell among the casualties. They ended the season in complete disarray with Eddie Howe leading them on for months.

They found Postecoglou, he rebuilt almost from scratch and now they’re clear favourites for back to back titles.

If they can do it, so can we but I’d rather we didn’t dive any deeper into the manure because it just makes the recovery that much tougher.

Thought we were turgid. Lundstrum and Sands in the midfield couldn’t carve open an under 13 team.

Colak is everything Morelos isn’t. Yet also missing everything Morelos is. Morelos seems to occupy defenders and bring people into the game. But is finishing like some in the 3rd division.

No real style of play to speak of. Horseshoe in full effect. Lovely goal. But we seem to be relying on flashes of brilliance from Kent or Tillman. What is a Gio goal?