• Robertson
    • Bisgrove
    • Graham
    • Wilson
    • None
  2. 2. The Manager, Should We Keep GVB?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. The Players, Who Should We Keep Who Are Out of Contract?

• Goldson
    • Arfield
    • Davis
    • Balogun
    • McGregor
    • None
  4. 4. The Players, Who Should We Sell?

• Kamara
    • Aribo
    • Kent
    • Morelos
    • Barisic
    • Helander
    • Roofe
    • None
  5. 5. Should Tavernier Remain Captain?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on who we bring in

11 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Just been thinking this over and I certainly think it's time to let the guys who are out of contract this year go. McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Balogun & Goldson would all be gone for me which would free up tons of wage space off the bat.

In terms of the lads going into their last year I would sell Morelos, Aribo and Kent. That's where we will get the money to pay out transfer fees - for me there is easily 40-50 million there to bring in. I think it's time for Borna to go as well, bring someone in who is hungry.

My rational with Alfie is that we need to cash in at some point..he's our best player but arguably our biggest problem at times - we just dont know how to play without him and I think it's time we started.

For me Helander stays and he's going into his last year of his deal with not much sell on anyway - clearly needs a good pre season and will hopefully kick on again. Kamara and Roofe stay as still plenty of time on their contract and the former is an asset - teams wont be put off by the last few months if they want to sign him.

Leaves us with McLaughlin, McCrorie, Tav, Zukowski, Souttar, Helander, Bassey, Jack, Lundstram, Sands, Kamara, Hagi, Lowry, Wright, Sakala, Roofe - which makes grim reading on the face of it but we obviously would be looking to sign 7/8 players at potentially goalie, 2 centre backs, a left back, 3 players to play behind a striker and at least two strikers.

I have a bad feeling that he he will end up running his Contract down and leave next summer on a free

On 05/04/2022 at 09:42, rabc10000 said:

I have a bad feeling that he he will end up running his Contract down and leave next summer on a free

We basically need Ross Wilson to grow some fucking balls, players either sign new deals before end of the season or they get sold in summer. 

Morelos I’d give every opportunity to stay as he’s one of the best players we’ve had since the 90s, but the likes of Aribo/Kent/Goldson can piss off if they’re not committing to new deals now.

They’ve all flattered to deceive when it mattered this season…

On 05/04/2022 at 02:36, GWR1979 said:

Not very good at selling exactly what he was brought in to do. Our players are only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay.

Tbf to him he firstly had to shift the wage sucking dross like barker, hastie, middleton and the likes, 

If its to believed, we made a slight profit on edmundson, bacuna and a massive intake from patterson, we also knocked back 16mill for morelos which is obviously a gamble that might have backfired

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf to him he firstly had to shift the wage sucking dross like barker, hastie, middleton and the likes, 

If its to believed, we made a slight profit on edmundson, bacuna and a massive intake from patterson, we also knocked back 16mill for morelos which is obviously a gamble that might have backfired

We need to be selling our best assets at a decent profit but the big money departures with the exception of Patterson have not happened, for our model to work we need to be shipping people out for decent cash.

1 hour ago, GWR1979 said:

We need to be selling our best assets at a decent profit but the big money departures with the exception of Patterson have not happened, for our model to work we need to be shipping people out for decent cash.

Given that we only know of a genuine bid for morelos, maybe we havent sold anyone because either no one fancied the prices we set on our players or worse yet, no one fancied our players

Ive always argued that morelos needs to be a full season consistent to get a top top club, but at least he gives around 4 months worth of consistency, who else in our squad can we genuinely say "they played well for 4-5 months" 

Last season they all did to an extent, however we might find a lot of clubs disregard last season given the exceptional circumstances in which games were played, and instead focus on games like this season or pre covid, and not one of our squad stands out as a consistent player

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given that we only know of a genuine bid for morelos, maybe we havent sold anyone because either no one fancied the prices we set on our players or worse yet, no one fancied our players

Ive always argued that morelos needs to be a full season consistent to get a top top club, but at least he gives around 4 months worth of consistency, who else in our squad can we genuinely say "they played well for 4-5 months" 

Last season they all did to an extent, however we might find a lot of clubs disregard last season given the exceptional circumstances in which games were played, and instead focus on games like this season or pre covid, and not one of our squad stands out as a consistent player

If we told Morelos’ agent that he’s up for sale, we’d get a flurry of bids. 

Clubs don’t bid for players that they know they can’t get, hence why we’ll have had few few bids. They almost always speak to the players agent and suss out if a move is feasible, before they put any offers in. 

Wilson needs to set players deadlines, sign new deals by May or find new clubs in the summer 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think Gerrard had a big say in keeping the squad intact in the summer and RW played along.

Two players should have been sold and fresh recruitments brought in to keep the team lively. This winning squad has been stale all year.

Take your pick from Barisic, Goldson, Kamara, Aribo or Morelos. One or two of them had to be sacrificed when their value was at its highest.

7 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

If we told Morelos’ agent that he’s up for sale, we’d get a flurry of bids. 

Clubs don’t bid for players that they know they can’t get, hence why we’ll have had few few bids. They almost always speak to the players agent and suss out if a move is feasible, before they put any offers in. 

Wilson needs to set players deadlines, sign new deals by May or find new clubs in the summer 

Thats not how it works for a team like ours though, clubs know we run at massive loss, they know we are a selling club, they don't ask a players agent if the club wants to sell, they simply ask the club, 

Imo i genuinely think our players weren't valued enough after last season due to the abnormal state of football across the board last season, maybe one or two garnered some interest but not enough to warrant bids, 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I think Gerrard had a big say in keeping the squad intact in the summer and RW played along.

Two players should have been sold and fresh recruitments brought in to keep the team lively. This winning squad has been stale all year.

Take your pick from Barisic, Goldson, Kamara, Aribo or Morelos. One or two of them had to be sacrificed when their value was at its highest.

I imagine Gerrard had some say but if good offers came in the board should have told him that sales were a requirement after the champions league money was lost. 

Worry is that bids for players simply didn't come in.

You would think that something would have leaked out if it did.

We knew about the Everton interest in Patterson before any bid came in. 

1 hour ago, Willis said:

The only reason Tav is our captain is cause he's our longest standing player

Hes never a captain and baffling that folk think he should remain as one

Not a commentary on his ability as a player just as a captain. He's no leader.

Don't really see many leaders in this side tbh. 

I think if we want a proper leader it's going to need someone brought into the squad. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I kind of agree with this but the cold hard truth is there may not have actually been any interest in the mentioned players. You can only sell if someone is buying.

Think its time to farewell a lot of these players a farewell. Kent and Aribo and Goldson etc all need to go back down England so we can bring in players who are wanting to play at a massive club and play european football and not aim for a top half finish in the EPL

The board have got us through a difficult period ..... great but everything was done on the cheap, freebies, loans and players other clubs either didn't want or on their last chance to impress their staff.

I appreciate we had financial problems with various charlatans but that's why you were appointed to the board, to sort all that out.

The fans have been stumping up large amounts of hard earned money every year plus we have had prize money from the SPFL and UEFA so why are we still dealing in the bargain basement when it comes to players. Is it the scouting not up to it or do good players want too much to come to us.

We need massive investment buy at least two really good defenders, two attacking midfielders and at least one proper striker who can work the keeper 9 out of 10 shots.

As for Gio yes he was a good player for us and by all reports he has been a good manager at other clubs BUT I will give him this summer to bring in some good players.

55 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

The board have got us through a difficult period ..... great but everything was done on the cheap, freebies, loans and players other clubs either didn't want or on their last chance to impress their staff.

Goldson £3m

Helander £3m

Borna £2m

Hagi £3m

Kent £6.5m

Katic £1,4m

Itten £2m

Roofe £4.5

Over £25m spent plus fees for Bassey, Aribo, Kamara and others and barely a penny coming in until Patterson 3 months ago

McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Balogun, Defoe, McLaughlin, Sakala, new contracts for Alfredo, Tav and Jack = significant wages and experience invested plus Gerrard and his team = ambitious investment

I appreciate we had financial problems with various charlatans but that's why you were appointed to the board, to sort all that out.

They have and have forked out 10s of millions of their own money to get us to where we are. 

There's 2 huge reasons why this can't continue....

1. We are dicing with breaking UEFA FFP rules and simply can't run the risk of facing a ban as we need the UEFA money desperately

2. We need to become self sufficient

Where we are now compared to where we were 6 years ago is world's apart, our investors have been fantastic........ the executive board they have in control could definitely do better

The fans have been stumping up large amounts of hard earned money every year plus we have had prize money from the SPFL and UEFA so why are we still dealing in the bargain basement when it comes to players.

The income is lower than expenditure, hence the loans and subsequent share conversions

Is it the scouting not up to it or do good players want too much to come to us.

We DO have good players, we're playing in the QF of the Europa League tonight having reached the last 16 in the previous 2 seasons and won the league unbeaten last season - you don't achieve these things without good players.

Some of our players should have been traded last year and that is on the exec board, possibly cajoled by SG, and has resulted in a number of key players who look far more engaged in the European shop window than the league. It's mad that we can beat Dortmund away and fail to win at Ross County when twice ahead due to comedy cut errors. If we brought our Euro effort and intensity into all league games we would be out of sight by now, not flinging away leads at home to Hearts, Motherwell x 2, Ross C etc

We need massive investment buy at least two really good defenders, two attacking midfielders and at least one proper striker who can work the keeper 9 out of 10 shots.

We've had massive investment, we now need to sell and re-invest in the squad in a sustainable way

As for Gio yes he was a good player for us and by all reports he has been a good manager at other clubs BUT I will give him this summer to bring in some good players.

He deserves the chance to put together his own squad, I'm not 100% convinced yet but we can't bump him after 6 months when he inherited a squad with key players not fully engaged, other key players coming to the end of great careers and hasn't had a chance to put his mark on things

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I kind of agree with this but the cold hard truth is there may not have actually been any interest in the mentioned players. You can only sell if someone is buying.

And actively trying to sell after the malmo disaster just invites absolutely piss pot bids for players