• Robertson
    • Bisgrove
    • Graham
    • Wilson
    • None
  2. 2. The Manager, Should We Keep GVB?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. The Players, Who Should We Keep Who Are Out of Contract?

• Goldson
    • Arfield
    • Davis
    • Balogun
    • McGregor
    • None
  4. 4. The Players, Who Should We Sell?

• Kamara
    • Aribo
    • Kent
    • Morelos
    • Barisic
    • Helander
    • Roofe
    • None
  5. 5. Should Tavernier Remain Captain?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on who we bring in

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its on the players, they showed before last season they were too cowardly for a fight, last season they didnt have one, tarriers proceeded to hand us the league

This season they showed their true colours again, before gio arrived we had dropped 9 points, 6 were at home to sheep, well and hearts, and lost away to united, 3 of they games we were honking and the hearts one a keeper blunder cost us, but we also had games like dundee away, they missed a penalty and we scraped a win, st johnstone away, hibs home, at mirren away, all games we lost the first goal and scraped the win just and no more

Yes we were 4 ahead when gio took over, but that's because the tarriers were utter dung, since gio took over they have won 56pts out of 60, take out the old firm games thats 50pts from 54, absolutely no way these players even under gerrard this season were getting that when they had both Edinburgh teams, livi, sheep, tarriers all to go away to in the space of 9 games

Gio will suffer the worst due to being the manager, but the blame lies on the players imo, they shat it before time and again and continue to do so

Well that is a depressingly accurate statement. We need a new goalkeeper, centre half and center midfield and if Morelos leaves centre forward. Added to that we need a captain with heart not what we have got. Tavernier can be ok as a right back but is never a leader and Goldson is in the same mold - panic merchant. Time for change.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think it's more that Wilson came in and found a squad littered with guys like hastie, barker etc and no way to shift them off the wage bill

Did he not bring in Barker and Hastie? Either way, he has very little success stories. He is to blame for the contract shambles of many players also.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its on the players, they showed before last season they were too cowardly for a fight, last season they didnt have one, tarriers proceeded to hand us the league

This season they showed their true colours again, before gio arrived we had dropped 9 points, 6 were at home to sheep, well and hearts, and lost away to united, 3 of they games we were honking and the hearts one a keeper blunder cost us, but we also had games like dundee away, they missed a penalty and we scraped a win, st johnstone away, hibs home, at mirren away, all games we lost the first goal and scraped the win just and no more

Yes we were 4 ahead when gio took over, but that's because the tarriers were utter dung, since gio took over they have won 56pts out of 60, take out the old firm games thats 50pts from 54, absolutely no way these players even under gerrard this season were getting that when they had both Edinburgh teams, livi, sheep, tarriers all to go away to in the space of 9 games

Gio will suffer the worst due to being the manager, but the blame lies on the players imo, they shat it before time and again and continue to do so

Came back from the winter break lethargic, on the manager. 2 points dropped at Aberdeen after sitting back, on the gaffer. Kept McGregor between the sticks after Ross County, on the gaffer. Dropped 2 points at home to Motherwell, that's on the manager. No change in the tactics today without our best player, on the gaffer. Keeping Aribo on for the whole 90, on the gaffer. 

Can't blame him for McGregor fucking it at Ross County, losing at Parkhead or drawing at Dundee United but if we'd only drew one of them, lost the other and won against Aberdeen and Motherwell at home, especially Motherwell at home, we'd still be in it. We aren't and that's on him. 4 points in front to 6 behind  

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Did he not bring in Barker and Hastie? Either way, he has very little success stories. He is to blame for the contract shambles of many players also.

Nah im sure both were mark allan signings, same for the likes of Stewart, that clown that spat on someone and a whole raft of squad filler shite

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Came back from the winter break lethargic, on the manager. 2 points dropped at Aberdeen after sitting back, on the gaffer. Kept McGregor between the sticks after Ross County, on the gaffer. Dropped 2 points at home to Motherwell, that's on the manager. No change in the tactics today without our best player, on the gaffer. Keeping Aribo on for the whole 90, on the gaffer. 

Can't blame him for McGregor fucking it at Ross County, losing at Parkhead or drawing at Dundee United but if we'd only drew one of them, lost the other and won against Aberdeen and Motherwell at home, especially Motherwell at home, we'd still be in it. We aren't and that's on him. 4 points in front to 6 behind  

We did beat aberdeen at home 🤣

Motherwell at home is solely on the players, the equaliser was a disgrace from goldson and tav at the back

As for being lethargic after winter break, thats on the players, the whole squad is lethargic, and its not the first time they have came back from winter break and fucked it

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Motherwell at home is solely on the players, the equaliser was a disgrace from goldson and tav at the back

As for being lethargic after winter break, thats on the players, the whole squad is lethargic, and its not the first time they have came back from winter break and fucked it

I didn't say we didn't beat Aberdeen at home, I was cleary talking about the away game we dropped points in. 

The players came out in the second half of the Motherwell game thinking the game was in the bag, the fact they never came out chapping at the bit like they were in the first half to get the job done after the scum dropped points is on the manager. 

Eh? A rocket should have been sent up their arses after the first half of the first game back since the winter break. Everybody could see how bad we were and there was 0 change in that at the start of the 2nd. So either he was happy with that half or the players didn't take in whaymt he says, either way the gaffer plays a massive part. 

2 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Who should we sell, who can we sell. Everyone Alfie aside is worthless in the overall market. Aribo is still to return from afcon and kent out big game player has missed our last few big games. And that’s me being kind

If the knee ligament speculation around Alf is correct, even he is valueless for the foreseeable.

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Journeyman players, not suited to the demands of competing on all fronts.

Sadly, they appear to like Europe best - presumably because there’s a lack of expectation & plenty of praise for getting ‘as far as we did’ but no real demand to win anything, along with profile enhancement.

Couple more domestic cups might have been possible, if they hadn’t wasted their energies on something they were never going to win.

The Euro dosh has come in handy though, so maybe that’s been deemed a priority?

Given it’s not really been blown on players, I presume it’s been necessary to keep the lights on.

Meaning we’re a club that exists, rather than competes.

NOT the Rangers way.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

£1M for Helander is a joke. He has hardly been given a chance since returning from his injury and I'm not so sure we concede those two goals if he played today (I'm not blaming Balogun, I like him)

When you see how much players like Nesbit are going for, I would like to think Roofe is worth a bit more.

Helander is a dud 

Gerrard was given in relative terms serious money to rebuild over his first three transfer windows. Any incoming manager should be backed in the same way. Without doubt there are at least a dozen the club who we are basically paying to turn up to training or punting out on loan until they are released. Deadwood collection has got to go and stop draining the wage budget 

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think Morelos holds us back to a degree. We can’t currently operate without him, and need to revamp our style completely. We’re far too reliant on a guy who doesn’t actually score that many goals. 

Well said👍

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think Morelos holds us back to a degree. We can’t currently operate without him, and need to revamp our style completely. We’re far too reliant on a guy who doesn’t actually score that many goals. 

And a guy who you can tell in the first 10 min of he can be arsed or not. I think you’re spot on with that 

Just been thinking this over and I certainly think it's time to let the guys who are out of contract this year go. McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Balogun & Goldson would all be gone for me which would free up tons of wage space off the bat.

In terms of the lads going into their last year I would sell Morelos, Aribo and Kent. That's where we will get the money to pay out transfer fees - for me there is easily 40-50 million there to bring in. I think it's time for Borna to go as well, bring someone in who is hungry.

My rational with Alfie is that we need to cash in at some point..he's our best player but arguably our biggest problem at times - we just dont know how to play without him and I think it's time we started.

For me Helander stays and he's going into his last year of his deal with not much sell on anyway - clearly needs a good pre season and will hopefully kick on again. Kamara and Roofe stay as still plenty of time on their contract and the former is an asset - teams wont be put off by the last few months if they want to sign him.

Leaves us with McLaughlin, McCrorie, Tav, Zukowski, Souttar, Helander, Bassey, Jack, Lundstram, Sands, Kamara, Hagi, Lowry, Wright, Sakala, Roofe - which makes grim reading on the face of it but we obviously would be looking to sign 7/8 players at potentially goalie, 2 centre backs, a left back, 3 players to play behind a striker and at least two strikers.

44 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Just been thinking this over and I certainly think it's time to let the guys who are out of contract this year go. McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Balogun & Goldson would all be gone for me which would free up tons of wage space off the bat.

In terms of the lads going into their last year I would sell Morelos, Aribo and Kent. That's where we will get the money to pay out transfer fees - for me there is easily 40-50 million there to bring in. I think it's time for Borna to go as well, bring someone in who is hungry.

My rational with Alfie is that we need to cash in at some point..he's our best player but arguably our biggest problem at times - we just dont know how to play without him and I think it's time we started.

For me Helander stays and he's going into his last year of his deal with not much sell on anyway - clearly needs a good pre season and will hopefully kick on again. Kamara and Roofe stay as still plenty of time on their contract and the former is an asset - teams wont be put off by the last few months if they want to sign him.

Leaves us with McLaughlin, McCrorie, Tav, Zukowski, Souttar, Helander, Bassey, Jack, Lundstram, Sands, Kamara, Hagi, Lowry, Wright, Sakala, Roofe - which makes grim reading on the face of it but we obviously would be looking to sign 7/8 players at potentially goalie, 2 centre backs, a left back, 3 players to play behind a striker and at least two strikers.

Agree on the end of contracts all can go. 

It's criminal that we've left Morelos, Aribo and Kent to go into a last year. I think that will have an effect on what we can get. 

Summer we need the spine of a new side. GK, CB , CM and Striker. Get that in place first and build around it from there.

The buck stops with the board who in the last couple of months have been an embarrassment driving an almost unrecoverable wedge between them and the supporters which has been nothing more than a distraction at the penultimate part of the league season changes at boardroom are definitely required.

Can't see Gio beating the Scum so he will need to leave.

Would keep Balogun and that's it. The rest of them thanks for the memories goodbye.

I like Tav but not Captain reliable at all depends on who we bring in.

On 03/04/2022 at 21:19, DiamondDan said:

17% want to keep Wilson? 😂😂 

4 years of "player trading" and he's managed to trade ONE player out the door.

Not very good at selling exactly what he was brought in to do. Our players are only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay.