Bottle throwers

KeyserSoze

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Cba making a new thread about it but we just got fined €35k by UEFA for rippin seats up in Belgrade and chucking them

Over the course of a season we must pay £100-200k in fines out

Not saying it never happened but there was hundreds of seats ripped out by the time we got there.

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Cba making a new thread about it but we just got fined €35k by UEFA for rippin seats up in Belgrade and chucking them

They cunts were chucking them at us first :lol:

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

the seats that were lucky to be there in first, what a bomb site

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We've also got to cover the cost of repairs to Red Star's ground.

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Not saying we're innocent but you have to wonder how often these clubs lie about these things to get some free money. 

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Not saying it never happened but there was hundreds of seats ripped out by the time we got there.

Aye I saw some pics of when Bears turned up and their seat was missing :lol:

Given the fine is mostly for tossing objects I'd imagine it's weighted towards the action of our fans actually throwing the seats and the fine for ripping the chairs out has been mitigated for this

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We've also got to cover the cost of repairs to Red Star's ground.

Fairly standard 

1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

Not saying we're innocent but you have to wonder how often these clubs lie about these things to get some free money. 

I don't think we are totally innocent here, but as above an element of this will definitely have been overplayed by the other side, underplayed by our side, with UEFA landing on a random number to throw at us.

Just now, psb07158 said:

Aye I saw some pics of when Bears turned up and their seat was missing :lol:

Given the fine is mostly for tossing objects I'd imagine it's weighted towards the action of our fans actually throwing the seats and the fine for ripping the chairs out has been mitigated for this

Fairly standard 

I don't think we are totally innocent here, but as above an element of this will definitely have been overplayed by the other side, underplayed by our side, with UEFA landing on a random number to throw at us.

There's usually something of a reciprocral agreement but UEFA don't always enforce it as part of any punishment. It's specifically listed as one of the punishments for us.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There's usually something of a reciprocral agreement but UEFA don't always enforce it as part of any punishment. It's specifically listed as one of the punishments for us.

They'll be getting random Serbian contractors in charging 3x what it should cost to replace the couple of hundred seats

Wonder if there's a mediator who assesses costs

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They'll be getting random Serbian contractors in charging 3x what it should cost to replace the couple of hundred seats

Aye, I'm sure there's some sort of arbitration process if there's disagreement over costs.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

It was trashed before our fans arrived.

Some of it was, not all of it. When you've got fuckwits putting video of themselves ripping seats up and chucking them onto twitter, it's hard to argue that wasn't what caused the damage.

Just now, The Dude said:

Some of it was, not all of it. When you've got fuckwits putting video of themselves ripping seats up and chucking them onto twitter, it's hard to argue that wasn't what caused the damage.

Haven't seen that video, have seen one one of both sets throwing things at each other.

I'm not interested in arguing about what caused the damage I was there and seen it for myself.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

That stadium was a cowp before a bear set foot in it. Hundreds of broken seats already. We're getting fined for the damage and trouble. Uefa don't care about that though, they just want to recoup money from easy targets like us.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

They are using glasgow city council gardens dept for the estimate who are quite nifty at doing a pie in the sky figure.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Why were they chucking seats onto twitter?