Squad Depth

1 hour ago, beararse said:

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I believe we are as good as if not better than celtic at present.

We have retained the vast majority of the squad that reached the EL final in the same year they got pumped from 3 separate UEFA qualification rounds.

We qualified for the CL group stages whilst they benefited from our efforts in increasing the coefficient.

We just have a different style and tactical set up.

Unfortunately theirs seems much better suited when playing the dross of the SPFL. But they'll almost certainly struggle in Europe and in closely contested games. Hopefully starting tomorrow. 

Agreed. I fully expect them to get found out in Europe. Teams that have a bit of composure will play through them and expose their very average back four. If Kamara and Lundstrum can play like they did against Psv and be positive and play forward. I think we can beat them tomorrow. 

This full out gung ho press does work well In the spl. It’s basically what we do when we go 1-0 down. A La Livingston. Full on attack, aggressive press, overwhelm them with bodies. And they panic. So hopefully Gio figures that out. They probably just have a bit more quality and depth in the front 3 than we do

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Exactly. The manager clearly agrees that he’s not an improvement on Barisic otherwise he would have played more. Him not playing strengthens my argument that he hasn’t improved us does it not?

You are another one who just doesn't understand football in the slightest so there's no point in even debating with you.

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Now in my and many others opinions, celtic’s current squad is better and will probably win the league. (80% probability).

According to my calculations it worked out at 77.8%. Could you give us a look at your workings? Would love to see your process. I love maths me

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Saw it mentioned on here, before it was removed by mods. I don’t actually know it. Need to just accept you’re not always going to be privy to everyone’s personal life.

Has the Manager at any point said or even hinted that its a family issue?

6 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Has the Manager at any point said or even hinted that its a family issue?

He has a serious issue within his family, let’s not go into that. It’s well documented and easily available to read.

he’s oh with a calf strain though 

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

You are another one who just doesn't understand football in the slightest so there's no point in even debating with you.

Your an arrogant one aren’t you? If he was an improvement to our squad for this season he would’ve played against PSV. Would you not play your best players in such a big game? Now you mention it I have noticed all the big teams in Europe haven’t been playing their new signings. Obviously giving them time to settle in. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

He has a serious issue within his family, let’s not go into that. It’s well documented and easily available to read.

he’s oh with a calf strain though 

What is the issue, i havent read about it and cant find anything on it? 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We don't need to know.

Just give him time.

If it is infact a family issue then he should and will be given all the time thats needed, and whatever it may be I hope its resolved quickly. 
Right now we’ve been told he’s out injured so i’ll take the club’s official stance on it, and the words from his mouth, rather than rumours. Thats why I asked the question.