The other mob

MisterC

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

The winter window in Scandinavia is the UKs summer window as there is no football being played, so there will always be a long window and a short window but the other way around in the two places. Wouldnt be fair to Scandinavian teams, who are in pre season at the moment, to have a short window to rebuild etc.

I am suggesting 2 equal length windows JH

23 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Is it not the same guy who was pushing all the Glasgow Council giving the taigs land for well below value etc, UEFA had a look but didn't take it any further?

Is that what happened with all that in the end up? Did UEFA officially look at the claims? 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I am suggesting 2 equal length windows JH

You would have 2 very long windows then. The Finnish season runs from April to October, most of Europe is August to may May. How do you make it fair so that teams can still register players up to the first game of the season in all leagues?

5 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

You are deliberately missing the point, it would be simple enough to have 2 x 6 week transfer windows. Not beyond the wit of anyone to come up with a solution

Currently the off season (European summer) window is 12 weeks. 6 weeks is nowhere near enough for an off season window, and as others have said, what do you do with leagues that start at different times?

Across the world you have leagues starting in Jan, Feb, March, April, June, July, August. How do you align those windows so they can register players up until the start of the season? Norway and Brazil that start in April for example.

Yeah it would be simple to have 2 aligned windows, but it would negatively affect most countries for no benefit. Sounds like trying to solve something that isn't a problem.

45 minutes ago, Unionblue said:

Surely no chance?  wouldn't last a few months down there.

Why?

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Who are the four? I've been really busy this week so have barely read any football news.

West Brom, Feyenoord, Raya Vallecano managers and Marcelo Gallardo

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

He’s not a celtic fan. He’s moved around plenty but was apparently desperate to come to Europe. You don’t get too many opportunities to manage in the premier league so don’t see why he wouldn’t be interested (unless he thinks his stock will be higher down the line)

Can't see him leaving tbh, always knew Rodgers would do a runner and even Gerrard but something tells me he would finish the season with that mob, Leeds face relegation the windows shut and if he takes the job and fails to stay up he will be gone. They are ruthless down there and up here he feels like Pep because he has spent 40 odd million and can beat Ross County away. 

7 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I'd be surprised if he was to go now. 

Come the summer he's probably (unfortunately) going to have 2 SPFL titles under his belt so if I was him I'd wait until then and take over someone in the off season rather than fighting relegation. 

I agree although money does talk and a payoff packet from Leeds would be more than a year's salary at Celtic depending on the contract if he did leave.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think they will have a bit of interest in them especially now they have been turned down by multiple managers.

Well apparently Leeds fans hate kewell as he went to gala, so he can’t take him, they’ll go tried and tested till the summer imo 

7 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well apparently Leeds fans hate kewell as he went to gala, so he can’t take him, they’ll go tried and tested till the summer imo 

Even though I don’t like him, I’m not sure why they don’t just get Bielsa back even for the short term. The fans love him and surely that’s the appointment that would galvanise them?

Going for cunts like Gallardo, who’s been managing in South America and has no experience as a manager in Europe, seems mental considering the position they are in. It’s got “trying to be too clever for their own good” vibes written all over it.

Sometimes the most obvious appointment is the best one. 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Even though I don’t like him, I’m not sure why they don’t just get Bielsa back even for the short term. The fans love him and surely that’s the appointment that would galvanise them?

Going for cunts like Gallardo, who’s been managing in South America and has no experience as a manager in Europe, seems mental considering the position they are in. It’s got “trying to be too clever for their own good” vibes written all over it.

Is gallardo the river plate boy?

I was sure I read he’d be psg manager