Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

7 hours ago, Madina said:

A legend during a dark time for us. Absolute hero who stayed with us when he probably could have went elsewhere. Horrible how things ended for him at Ibrox. It's a sad day when passion and being pissed off at unacceptable results gets you shafted out the squad. Thanks for the memories Waldo 

In truth he needed dropped by that stage as his form was pretty awful 

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I do think some go way over the top on the ‘sacrificed his career’ stuff.

He probably could have got a championship move on similar money, but his family wanted to stay in Scotland at the time. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend it was only because of his love for Rangers. The deal suited both parties.

Were there any clubs that even came in for him at any stage over that period? Genuine question because I can’t remember now 

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Were there any clubs that even came in for him at any stage over that period? Genuine question because I can’t remember now 

Nothing serious that I recall. No harm to the guy, but the whole ‘legend because he stayed with us’ misses a big part of his reasoning.

14 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good guy but limited player. Looked good in the lower divisions but would have been found out in Europe. Turning up for work against pub teams isn't a shift. Never a legend imo. 

McGregor on the other hand, his stats speak for themselves. Old firm games ,European runs, loads of silverware, stand out player. 

You've just got to love him!

Legend status is about a lot more than performance and ability sometimes. McGregor walked away. Wallace sacrificed his career. 

One is feted as a hero. The other's loyalty taking for granted.

14 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good guy but limited player. Looked good in the lower divisions but would have been found out in Europe. Turning up for work against pub teams isn't a shift. Never a legend imo. 

McGregor on the other hand, his stats speak for themselves. Old firm games ,European runs, loads of silverware, stand out player. 

You've just got to love him!

What’s mcgregor got to do with the thread?

on top of that his best season in a rangers jersey was actually his first in the top flight, he was brilliant that season.  Strange strange comment. 

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Legend status is about a lot more than performance and ability sometimes. McGregor walked away. Wallace sacrificed his career. 

One is feted as a hero. The other's loyalty taking for granted.

"sacrificed his career" - bollocks mate. Was on decent dosh and didn't get a better offer elsewhere.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I do think some go way over the top on the ‘sacrificed his career’ stuff.

He probably could have got a championship move on similar money, but his family wanted to stay in Scotland at the time. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend it was only because of his love for Rangers. The deal suited both parties.

Exactly what I said earlier only a bit more enthusiastically 
😂

folks took it the wrong way. 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There doesn’t seem to be any proof he sacrificed his career as such because there doesn’t seem to be any evidence he did have a better offer 

Any offer’s better than playing in the worst league and Scotland with zero chance of an international career continuing. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Any offer’s better than playing in the worst league and Scotland with zero chance of an international career continuing. 

Maybe he liked the money, living in Scotland with family and the chance to still play in front of big home crowds 

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rewriting history there though.

Wallace was - and remained - one of the highest paid players in Scotland when we were in D3 and was named in Gordon Strachan's first Scotland squad as manager - six months after we were papped into D3. He pulled out injured

He was called up again before then being overlooked by Strachan as Andy Robertson was given his chance - the same Robertson some folk on here still greet about us not signing while he was playing in D3.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rewriting history there though.

Wallace was - and remained - one of the highest paid players in Scotland when we were in D3 and was named in Gordon Strachan's first Scotland squad as manager - six months after we were papped into D3. He pulled out injured

He was called up again before then being overlooked by Strachan as Andy Robertson was given his chance - the same Robertson some folk on here still greet about us not signing while he was playing in D3.

It’s not rewriting history though. He’d have been in every squad if he wasn’t in the lower leagues and would have been first choice until Robertson came through at the very least.

Also, after you fell for Dingwall’s pish after the Murty stuff I’d never listen to you on Lee Wallace

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not rewriting history though. He’d have been in every squad if he wasn’t in the lower leagues and would have been first choice until Robertson came through at the very least.

Also, after you fell for Dingwall’s pish after the Murty stuff I’d never listen to you on Lee Wallace

Dingwall's pish? No idea what you're on about there.

Would he have been in every scotland squad? He'd not won a cap in two years before we were relegated to D3.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Dingwall's pish? No idea what you're on about there.

Would he have been in every scotland squad? He'd not won a cap in two years before we were relegated to D3.

When he claimed he pulled out the squad the night before despite being fit..

Yes, absolutely 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

When he claimed he pulled out the squad the night before despite being fit..

Yes, absolutely 

I didn't hear that from Dingwall. :lol:

From what I can see, he was regularly in the squad until Robertson broke through in 2014. Whittaker was ahead of him which, given he was playing in the Premier League, isn't really a surprise.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I didn't hear that from Dingwall. :lol:

From what I can see, he was regularly in the squad until Robertson broke through in 2014. Whittaker was ahead of him which, given he was playing in the Premier League, isn't really a surprise.

You and him are the only people I’ve seen say it… an elaborate lie planned from yous imo

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You and him are the only people I’ve seen say it… an elaborate lie planned from yous imo

:lol: Course it was.

You should know better than almost anyone that I'll not puy my name against something on here that's (for want of a better phrase) 'ITK' unless it is something I'm absolutely CERTAIN of.