Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

:lol: Course it was.

You should know better than almost anyone that I'll not puy my name against something on here that's (for want of a better phrase) 'ITK' unless it is something I'm absolutely CERTAIN of.

Iā€™m going with my theory on this one

Ā 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Clutching as usualĀ 

Donā€™t take your anger out on me because Sasaā€™s brought you down a peg

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

So did Kirk Broadfoot and Mo Edu.

They did and every Rangers supporter should be grateful for it. Neither of them ended up playing for us in the lower leagues in the same way that Wallace did though so heā€™s on a higher pedestal than they are.

4 hours ago, LondonderryAir said:

Like the others, he could have left and made an absolute fortune, but gave it all up, in his prime, to help us back up the leagues.Ā  For that, he deserves nothing but respect.Ā  Should never have to put his hand in his pocket for a drink ever again...

Who was offering him better money than he was on with us?

Confused by this narrative.

I like Wallace - decent player and seemed a good guy. But comments like this and ones about him sacrificing his career are amusing. He literally was not going to earn more elsewhere.

6 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Who was offering him better money than he was on with us?

Confused by this narrative.

I like Wallace - decent player and seemed a good guy. But comments like this and ones about him sacrificing his career are amusing. He literally was not going to earn more elsewhere.

I'm confused that you're confused.

He could have jumped ship like the rats and got a nice signing-on fee.Ā  Obviously, I don't know for certain, but I doubt he would've been unemployed for long given his credentials.

2 hours ago, LondonderryAir said:

I'm confused that you're confused.

He could have jumped ship like the rats and got a nice signing-on fee.Ā  Obviously, I don't know for certain, but I doubt he would've been unemployed for long given his credentials.

Guaranteed he was on better money at Rangers than anything else that may or may not been offered.Ā 
It suited him and his family to stay put.Ā 

itā€™s not really difficult to understandĀ 

On 25/09/2022 at 19:45, falkirkNS said:

Last club legend we have had. Before him possibly barry.

Think Tavernier and Morelos will be quite rightly regarded as club legends when their Rangers careers are overĀ 

Morelos has had his faults and issues but he is now the clubs leading European goal scorer and no denying on his game he is fantastic to watch. He has also gave the younger generation who had just known all the guff an actual hero and player to grab their imagination and attention in a similar way that many of us grew up obsessed with Ally etc.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Think Tavernier and Morelos will be quite rightly regarded as club legends when their Rangers careers are overĀ 

Morelos has had his faults and issues but he is now the clubs leading European goal scorer and no denying on his game he is fantastic to watch. He has also gave the younger generation who had just known all the guff an actual hero and player to grab their imagination and attention in a similar way that many of us grew up obsessed with Ally etc.

Not to go off-topic, but Morelos is as far from being a club legend as you can get. The guy is an absolute liability. Whilst he has obviously pitched in with his fair share of important goals, you could never ever depend on him. He's as likely to get sent off as he is to score.Ā  The fact he took (and missed) that penalty in the final was a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, LondonderryAir said:

Not to go off-topic, but Morelos is as far from being a club legend as you can get. The guy is an absolute liability. Whilst he has obviously pitched in with his fair share of important goals, you could never ever depend on him. He's as likely to get sent off as he is to score.Ā  The fact he took (and missed) that penalty in the final was a disgrace.

The clubā€™s all time European top goal scorer is as far from being a club legend as you can get?

Makes sense

16 minutes ago, LondonderryAir said:

All a matter of opinionĀ 

Morelos has wrote himself into our history books regardless thoughĀ 

His issues are well documented but as much as he has let us down he has also dug us out a few holes when he has been on his gameĀ 

54 minutes ago, LondonderryAir said:

I think being out European top scorer gets you into ā€˜legendā€™ status, regardless of his awful (at times) on-field and off-field conduct.Ā 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So 7k a week, and people donā€™t think he couldā€™ve got a better deal?

By that point he'd already Tupe'd across so any club would have had to agreed a fee etc.

When he was effectively available on a free, there was no offers. Think that's more what people are basing it on.