Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

24 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Mythical creature?

Have a word with yourself.

Lee wasn't our best ever player in our illustrious history but he showed more bottle than players worth millions. 

He bust a gut for us during our worst phase and was a shining example of professionalism.

He wouldn't get a game for us now, but it would have taken longer for us to get here without his contribution. 

He was always very professional, an excellent person and no doubt a solid guy.  

but you’re wrong on the last point because he was in the team that fucked it against Motherwell at the play offs - Quite possibly my worst feeling ever being a Rangers fan in 40 odd years.  

Great guy,  brilliant family man, professional to his core.  I completely agree. 

27 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He was always very professional, an excellent person and no doubt a solid guy.  

but you’re wrong on the last point because he was in the team that fucked it against Motherwell at the play offs - Quite possibly my worst feeling ever being a Rangers fan in 40 odd years.  

Great guy,  brilliant family man, professional to his core.  I completely agree. 

So it was his fault Motherwell beat us in the playoffs?

Utter tripe! 

I was at the home game and never felt so low as a Bluenose, but to blame Lee when our team was full of unfit has-beens, journeymen and players who had never won anything of note in their careers.

And the coaching team?

:britney:

Baffling that there's anything other than positive comments about Wallace in this thread. A guy who sacrificed his international career and also his club career to stay on with us and play against painters and decorators week in week out. He'll always be remembered fondly in my eyes during an absolutely shite period in our history.

30 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Class act who could have walked into a lot of teams down south in the championship and potentially a handful at the top level. Would have been a regular for Scotland if he did but he signed a contract and wanted to help the club get back to where it needed to be

Nonsense!

A legend during a dark time for us. Absolute hero who stayed with us when he probably could have went elsewhere. Horrible how things ended for him at Ibrox. It's a sad day when passion and being pissed off at unacceptable results gets you shafted out the squad. Thanks for the memories Waldo 

I do think some go way over the top on the ‘sacrificed his career’ stuff.

He probably could have got a championship move on similar money, but his family wanted to stay in Scotland at the time. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend it was only because of his love for Rangers. The deal suited both parties.