Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

What is the relevancy here?

Look, I liked Lee, but the idea we should recognise the retirement of a half-decent player that left us several years ago is nonsense. We doing the same for Charlie Adam and Lewis McLeod on the 8th then?. 

I like him, but my point is he is no legend. The cult about him bemuses me. 

2 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Look, I liked Lee, but the idea we should recognise the retirement of a half-decent player that left us several years ago is nonsense. We doing the same for Charlie Adam and Lewis McLeod on the 8th then?. 

I like him, but my point is he is no legend. The cult about him bemuses me. 

I never said anything about expecting the club to say anything about his retirement, he left the club and they was fuck all from the club. Nothing on the website, nothing on social media etc, no good lucks like they hand out to shite like Andy Firth. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said anything about expecting the club to say anything about his retirement, he left the club and they was fuck all from the club. Nothing on the website, nothing on social media etc, no good lucks like they hand out to shite like Andy Firth. 

Sorry, misread your post and point. 

I was going to leave it at good luck, but i see the thread has moved on now.

Wallace was a half decent left back who was paid handsomely for playing down the divisions for us. He isn't a legend, in the same way Lee McCulloch isn't a legend. 

Its a title that seems to get bandied about all to readily for half decent players. 

The way the club handled his departure is a separate point, and they handled it poorly. Still doesnt make him a legend. 

Is Sasa Papac a legend? Nope, but he was twice the player of Wallace. (The point i'm making there is that legend status should come down to what the player offered the club, not that they stayed with the club through the divisions and spent thsir last season and a half on their arse on the bench or in the treatment room ala Wallace). 

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why would our club say anything about an english championship club player retiring?

5 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Why would our club say anything about an english championship club player retiring?

Can you read that first sentence please?

Why would they say something about an English league 1 player retiring? Dunno, but they done it for Defoe