*****The Official Liverpool v Rangers Thread*****

2 hours ago, OhW said:

The interviews before the game had the feel of players who felt privileged to be playing against such a great club at such an amazing stadium. Even the post-match interviews have the same vibe. Very disappointing. 

Thought the same when I seen Tav’s photo of him on the pitch pre-match.

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

Here are the stats from last night not that many need to see to show that we ran less, fouled less, won less tackles,  crossed way less, passed poorly.

Mental as the away team and defending that again we ran less, we didn't get tackles in, couldn't hold up the ball or make simple passes. 

Attacking full backs and supposed to be 2 wingers and manages 3 crosses in total in 90 mins. 

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2035673--liverpool-vs-Rangers/statistics/

is that not similar stats to the piggery ? 

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Just still very disappointed with the performance which increasingly I put down to Gio's tactics.

On a positive note we can still get 3rd with 2 of the last three at home. Optimism run mad I know but I need some hope to cling onto. 1 point next week and if we beat Ajax then 4 may be enough. Get us back in the EL where we are more at home.

we wont get a point next week think we will get a heavier defeat  as if we leave liverpool space they will punish us  sorry to be so defeatist but right now i can see it being 6 defeats 

6 hours ago, Dickie said:

Expected nothing and got nothing but the fact we offered fuck all is a disgrace.

That's just nonsense though. We could have scored twice in the second half and Colak fucked a shooting opportunity with space and the whole goal to aim at. 

13 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Tillman looked like someone pulled out the away end and handed a strip 5 mins before kick off

He's fucking dung. How many times does he need to be absolutely pish on the wing before Gio chucks that idea in the bin? 

Nae use in the middle for these games either. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That's just nonsense though. We could have scored twice in the second half and Colak fucked a shooting opportunity with space and the whole goal to aim at. 

They could have scored ten in the first half so what is your point.

11 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

Liverpool, napoli and ajax is the group of death ffs. I reckon we were in any other group and we wouldnt struggle as much. The tims group is hell of alot easier.

Yes Gio has been negative but hardly surprising considering we are playing away at Anfield with 1 of there players costing more than our whole team. The gulf in class is more than we are to the bottom teams in our league.

Too much sense in that.

12 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I swear we must really work hard in practice at fucking up golden scoring opportunities ‘cause we’ve come to excel at it.

23 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

I wouldn't play any of them

So you would stick with the same people who consistently under perform?

Thats akin to GVB thinking, where you expect something to improve by doing exactly the same thing.

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

Expected nothing and got nothing but the fact we offered fuck all is a disgrace.

We surrendered before the game began with GVB’s unnecessarily negative formation.  
We literally shouldn’t have bothered turning up, as we showed literally nothing until the last 10 or 15 minutes.

He is an utter embarrassment.

There’s no shame in losing, but that was an absolute farce.

I’ve backed him so far.  But that is too much for me.  The fact he thinks there were some positives to take from last night is beyond me.

On 05/10/2022 at 21:29, DMax399 said:

So you would stick with the same people who consistently under perform?

Thats akin to GVB thinking, where you expect something to improve by doing exactly the same thing.

I said wouldn't play any of them from the players mentioned - Morelos, Kent, Sakala.  What is wrong with that?