Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah I think that’s going to be an issue for any manager we want who might be employed at a decent level.

Knutsen is an interesting one as a coach, because he’s clearly rated, but the fact that nobody has appointed him yet is a bit of a red flag. Usually when somebody emerges like he did last season they aren’t at whatever club it is for long.

Personally speaking, I think the board will want to go British. I said Dyche yesterday, and I think he will be our first chocie, but I think Scott Parker is another one who would be pretty high on our list too.

I’m not sure about Dyche or Parker but as i’ve said a few times we need a manager who has  the personality to basically carry our club now.

4 minutes ago, molesmole said:

few that are out of work so prob more appealing to our board....

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Some interesting candidates in there.

MadSasa will be filtering that list by age and picking the five oldest as his choices.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not sure about Dyche or Parker but as i’ve said a few times we need a manager who has  the personality to basically carry our club now.

Think Parker wants to play good football but dyche had his championship Burnley team playing well and robust at the back, obviously he became more pragmatic when they reached the premier league, I wouldn’t be surprised should gio be sacked (I don’t think there’s much chance of it tbh) then arfield may be asked about dyche by Wilson 

MadSasa will be filtering that list by age and picking the five oldest as his choices.

He won the league during the Second World War for ujpesti when the rest of the Hungarians were fighting, but he also won a cup with them in 1951 when all the teams had their players back 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Think Parker wants to play good football but dyche had his championship Burnley team playing well and robust at the back, obviously he became more pragmatic when they reached the premier league, I wouldn’t be surprised should gio be sacked (I don’t think there’s much chance of it tbh) then arfield may be asked about dyche by Wilson 

When Gerrard left somebody who’s ITK I trust told me that Dyche fancies a crack at our job at some point in his career. 

I honestly think he will be our first choice, if or when, the job comes up.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I’m not sure about Dyche but he does tick a lot of boxes mate.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think I'd previously said I wouldn't mind someone like Parker but just reading about Bournemouth returned to the premiership I'm not keen - his approach sounds very like Gio's.

"controlling possession, passing out from defence, and switching play from left to right".

Ross Wilson right now 

10A54B3B-E737-4747-8326-9391645F59A5.jpeg

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not sure about Dyche but he does tick a lot of boxes mate.

I’ll be honest mate I’ve said over the years on here I’d rather a Walter smith style winning things than a manager who plays like Barca but wins fuck all.

dyche hasnt had to manage at a team like us who need to win every week, I don’t trust Wilson to get the next appointment right.

I said on here the other day after Motherwell and Dundee that this has a feel of the end of days for gio but I don’t think they’ll pull the plug till it’s 8 or 10 behind which being honest won’t be too many weeks away, Aberdeen st mirren and st Johnstone, I don’t see us taking 9 points from they 3 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Sean dyche style of play is worse than gios..................no thanks

Dyche did what he had to do to get results at a Burnley side who had basically no resources in comparison to the other clubs in the league and who realistically had no right to even be playing at the level they were playing at.

He’s an intelligent enough manager who has been around long enough to know he would need to adapt those tactics to suit a club in different circumstances, which we are.

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’ll be honest mate I’ve said over the years on here I’d rather a Walter smith style winning things than a manager who plays like Barca but wins fuck all.

dyche hasnt had to manage at a team like us who need to win every week, I don’t trust Wilson to get the next appointment right.

I said on here the other day after Motherwell and Dundee that this has a feel of the end of days for gio but I don’t think they’ll pull the plug till it’s 8 or 10 behind which being honest won’t be too many weeks away, Aberdeen st mirren and st Johnstone, I don’t see us taking 9 points from they 3 

If he doesn’t beat Aberdeen next weekend I think he’s gone.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Everyone would rather that of course but it should never be an either or choice in our league.

Dyche did what he had to do to get results at a Burnley side who had basically no resources in comparison to the other clubs in the league and who realistically had no right to even be playing at the level they were playing at.

He’s an intelligent enough manager who has been around long enough to know he would need to adapt those tactics to suit a club in different circumstances, which we are.

His style of play is style focus on not conceding. I understand why folk like the idea but for me I just can't see him coming in and playing good football.