Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

1 win I think, and 1 through the playoffs.

He’s done a good job, but in terms of the remit it’s totally different. It’s not about winning, it’s about surviving. 

Won it once and was 2nd the other time 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd like to know more about Rebrov's record in Ukraine. On paper his title wins with Dynamo coincide with the Donbass War and Shakhtar having to decamp from Donetsk to Lviv. 

That's true and the Ukranian league also had to cut some teams from the league. Usually a 16 team league went to a 14 team league.

Despite that it was still richly deserved and Shakhtar were still a good side. In europe, Shakhtar reached the last 16 of the CL and the semi finals of the EL when Dynamo won the league. Maybe that had something to do with it but Dynamo were doing well in Europe to.

Dynamo were just consistent. In 14/15 they won the league with 2.58 ppg. In Shakhtar's 5 in a row before they only managed that twice. In 15/16 Dynamo had a ppg of 2.69 which Shakhtar never managed in the 5 title seasons before.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dyche has the personality for the job but i’m not sure if his style of play is now outdated.

Football has evolved since He got Burnley promoted 

In general aye but don't think Scottish football has at all. 

The other thing I think about Dyche is that he is a good tactician who has spent the majority of the last few years out of necessity playing a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 low block. He knows exactly what the weaknesses of those systems are and how his teams in certain moments were undone. He'll be able to flip that pretty well I'd think in coaching us to beat that.

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Their criticisms of him are pretty much the same as our fans have about Gio.

Surely Neilson has over achieved there though? Promotion, 2 Scottish cup finals and 3rd place by some distance in their first season back up. They seem to have went more attacking this year and it's not working.

28 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

In general aye but don't think Scottish football has at all. 

Overall Scottish football hasn’t evolved but celtics style of play has. There’s a very strong possibility we would be watching wave after wave of attack come at us in the old firms still under Dyche

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The other thing I think about Dyche is that he is a good tactician who has spent the majority of the last few years out of necessity playing a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 low block. He knows exactly what the weaknesses of those systems are and how his teams in certain moments were undone. He'll be able to flip that pretty well I'd think in coaching us to beat that.

Initially my thinking was that I thought he will be our next manager but it wouldn’t be my choice, but the more I think about it the more I think he’s exactly the manger that we need.

I think he’s far more switched on as a manager, coach and tactician than people give him credit for. I don’t think we we would suddenly turn into Pep’s City under him, but there’s no way he would come to us and think hammering it into the channels would be the most effective way to win games either.

Good coaches learn and adapt. We’ve seen that with Howe at Newcastle for example. Another manager who could seemingly only do one thing, which happened to be the opposite of Dyche in the sense that his teams play nice football but can’t defend for shit, but now he’s adapted and has Newcastle as one of the best defensive teams in the whole league.

Why couldn’t Dyche adapt to us?

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Overall Scottish football hasn’t evolved but celtics style of play has. There’s a very strong possibility we would be watching wave after wave of attack come at us in the old firms still under Dyche

Not convinced we would, his style of play is really over exaggerated on here I think 

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why

The game has evolved hugely thankfully to the point where football like the shite offered up by Dyche, Allardyce etc is a thing of the past. 11 men behind the ball and lump it to a target man when we regain possession. 

35% win record at both Watford and Burnley and has not an ounce of winning mentality about him. Not even sure if he’s ever won anything, possibly took Burnley up early in his tenure there but I’ll pass on him being the manager of Rangers thanks. Awful shout