Where the fuck is helander

MacBoyd

He pretty much sums up the injury mess, wasn't exactly 100% fit at other clubs but nothing to this extent, seemed to mostly be contact injuries etc.

Comes here and picks up an apparent career threatening injury that i'm sure started from a guy landing on his foot going for a header...

Goldson is about the best of the level in Scottish football for the moment.

Any player in Scotland above that is worth millions and is sold elsewhere. There is not a player in our current team, who would match an all time great...........apart from AM in his prime. Not a problem, there is no use looking back.

40 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Each of those players has taken dogs abuse during their time at Rangers. We never change.

Amoruso in particular would have got dogs abuse if he had played for us when social media was a thing.

He was a higher quality of player to Goldson overall, but there’s actually a lot of similarities with them in the sense that they could absolutely outstanding but also prone to an howler too.

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Amoruso in particular would have got dogs abuse if he had played for us when social media was a thing.

He was a higher quality of player to Goldson overall, but there’s actually a lot of similarities with them in the sense that they could absolutely outstanding but also prone to an howler too.

Amoruso was absolutely daft at times and cost us some high profile games. Parma in the UEFA Cup, Valencia at home, Scottish Cup final to Hearts, quite a few rubbish performances against Celtic from 2000 to 2002.

Coincidentally, I think on Sunday Goldson will actually overtake Amoruso for league appearances.

35 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think Amo had more obvious high profile howlers, while Goldson has more ‘could have been a bit better there’ moments. 

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Each of those players has taken dogs abuse during their time at Rangers. We never change.

Did Butcher and Gough get a hard time mate? I must have been too young to remember. I can remember Gough having a few nightmares in Europe but not abuse from fans. Weir i only remember getting abuse after the Hooper game at the Piggery and then having the worst 30 mins i think i've ever seen from a Rangers player in my life against Malmo at Ibrox. Amoruso get slaughtered for being a bombscare, his 2 worst games imo were Parma away and Monaco at home, that's when i felt most let down by him but in old firm games, i remember him being a fucking colossus. Moore i was never a big fan of, especially after the international spat. 

On topic, Helander is 100% our best defender, i will be sad to see him go but it doesn't look like he will play for us again. Can't justify a new contract with the number of injuries he's had here. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Think Amo had more obvious high profile howlers, while Goldson has more ‘could have been a bit better there’ moments. 

Hibs semi final at Hampden finished Goldson for me. There is no coming back from something like that. That performance, attitude and sound bites at the time. 

1 minute ago, ItaliaSyksey said:

Hibs semi final at Hampden finished Goldson for me. There is no coming back from something like that. That performance, attitude and sound bites at the time. 

His comments after the game were taken completely out of context by most. He was letting us know what the attitudes of some of his team mates were like in the dressing room at half time. 

4 hours ago, ronniescu said:

Goldson :lol:

Last night I was in the company of Amo, Richard Gough, Terry Butcher, Davie Weir & Craig Moore. That's all I'm saying.

This is one of the most Rangers Da quotes I've ever seen.

What has those players to do with me saying Goldson is better than Helander?