Where the fuck is helander

MacBoyd

41 minutes ago, Madina said:

Someone on one of the FB pages posted a pic of him on Saturday still on crutches. More chance of Suttor playing a whole season without injured, than we have of seeing Helander playing again 

He definitely wasn't putting weight on it. I was gona get a pic but he was clearly hiding away from the Glasgow Gate. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Unless we’re saving money then it’s completely senseless 

Not sure but I’d imagine don’t need to pay his insurance, further rehabilitation costs, and possibly NI and pension contributions.

Of course he’ll do a Prodan, Webster and be playing 8 weeks after we’ve paid him off.

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Unless we’re saving money then it’s completely senseless 

Not entirely.

Insurance will have been paying a portion of wages etc throughout this injury. I may be wrong but I believe insurance would also contribute to the pay off. 

The guys not going to play football again, not at this level anyway. Makes sense to reach conclusion.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Not entirely.

Insurance will have been paying a portion of wages etc throughout this injury. I may be wrong but I believe insurance would also contribute to the pay off. 

The guys not going to play football again, not at this level anyway. Makes sense to reach conclusion.

How could you possibly know that?

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Was there not an issue with wages being too high vs turnover? Might be just to get him off the wages and lower that ratio, and let us bring someone else in during this window?

Could be, not sure how FFP works but maybe we can write it off as a one off cost and allow us to free up space for wages for Jan. 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

How could you possibly know that?

Have you been following along? This freak rare injury that a Doctor had only seen once before in his career.

There's a couple of articles further back in the thread I believe on it, but the guy is lucky to be walking.

Nevermind how long actually getting back to full training, trying to put pressure on it when sprinting etc, going in for tackle, people tackling him and all the rest of it 

People are saying February/March, maybe. But I don't think we'll see him kick a ball for Rangers again.

Maybe he'd do a job for another Scottish club, but not at the level required for us unfortunately.

Cracking defender too. Shame about the injury.

Shame for the guy as he’s likeable and rarely let us down, solid defender just lacked pace to play at a higher level than us. A decent international as well so it’s hugely disappointing it has ended this way but we have a business to run as well so there is no point in continuing to keep him here so makes sense for everyone concerned. I would wish him massive best wishes in hopefully recovering to at least walk without a boot or crutches.