World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

12 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Yeah well, in 2002 did we have everyone talking about low blocks? No we did not. Live in the here and now mate. 

Unfortunately I have no choice but to live in the here and now. I will complain about it though, believe me I will complain 

6 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Don't know what people  expect at this stage of the competition?

Was always going to be like this at the latter stages, 

Extra time penalties etc

Only two knockout games went to extra time in 2018 to be fair, and both were score draws. It's not a given that they have to be crap. 

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s no personality to sides anymore.

Camera had Roberto Carlos on the screen briefly and it throws up memories of 2002 and when football was genuinely enjoyable to watch with big personalities. It’s fucking dire now in that sense 

Brazil in the 90's and early 2000's every single player was an absolute superstar. 

A few year ago you would never have thought they would have folk in there main squad playing for teams like west ham and the like.

I think this is Portugals year. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Unfortunately I have no choice but to live in the here and now. I will complain about it though, believe me I will complain 

Just think mate, Rivaldo went his whole career not knowing how many receptions he made between the defensive and midfield lines. He's sitting there right now thinking about your rose-tinted glasses.

10 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Brazil in the 90's and early 2000's every single player was an absolute superstar. 

A few year ago you would never have thought they would have folk in there main squad playing for teams like west ham and the like.

And 2 goalkeepers playing for arguably 2of the biggest clubs in the world, and the back up goalie would prob be first choice in almost any other nation.

previously the keepers were the shite outfield players.

8 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

This is not really true. This current team are probably more high profile across the board than any other squad in Brazil history.

Guys like Marcos, Kleberson, Junior Baiano, Cesar Sampaio, Zinho and Viola were not household names yet were key components in the sides of 94-02. Most of them had Brazilian league careers and a few played in the J League.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Is the Croatian keeper still at Zagreb?

Surprised he has not been taken to one of the cash rich leagues.

Guessing regardless that he is well out of our reach.

They regularly sell players for 8,9,10m so I imagine he will be quite pricey considering he's 27 and about to enter prime GK years.

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is not really true. This current team are probably more high profile across the board than any other squad in Brazil history.

Guys like Marcos, Kleberson, Junior Baiano, Cesar Sampaio, Zinho and Viola were not household names yet were key components in the sides of 94-02. Most of them had Brazilian league careers and a few played in the J League.

Lest we forget, an ex-Middlesbrough player won the World Cup with them in 2002.

Admittedly he was class.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really don't like this Brazil team. The play acting is ridiculous.

Exactly. 

I’m old enough to remember their 1970 team and later on their great footballing 82 team. I always loved watching them for the football they played and the style they had.

Nowadays they still have good footballers but the thought of diving, cheating,whining bastards like Neymar,Ricarlison or Anthony winning the World Cup gives me the boak.