World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

10 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Two weeks on Sunday.

Still struggling to get in the mood for it, too many injuries before it starting is a killer.

Anyway who do you think will win and who will be the dark horse?

Feel exactly the same.

it’s in a very controversial place, making the fans wary, it’s a mad time of year, and so many top players injured before it.

I know players can get injured anytime, but they usually are at the end of a season, and can have 2-3 weeks before it starts.

I think they have a about a week this time?

no doubt the stadiums will be great, but what a waste!

4 weeks then what happens? Are they all able to be dismantled and moved elsewhere?

am sure once it kicks off it’ll be fine, just different.

we are all used to summer time games, pubs have World Cup bunting etc, advertising games as such.

now it’s dark nights and cold weather and I’d imagine most folk gearing towards Xmas rather than the football.

hopefully I can get into it once it’s close/starts.

be one of the usual suspects that wins it No doubt.

like the CL, but every 4 year.

never a surprise.

by the time I saw the sweepstake in the pub, there was about 6 left.

all the dogshit. 
thought Fuk that, would be just as quick flinging cash down on the floor. 😂

10 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Two weeks on Sunday.

Still struggling to get in the mood for it, too many injuries before it starting is a killer.

Anyway who do you think will win and who will be the dark horse?

The list of injured players is filled with shite - who cares?

Looking forward to it being on and WFH at the same time.

I'm actually struggling to get enthusiastic about any group games if I'm being honest.....England v Wales for obvious reasons but not much else on top of that.....the World Cup has been diluted in quality over the years with this qualifying system.....it's been happening for years now, good European sides have been sitting at home whilst a lot of shite teams qualify effortlessly for every tournament.....I'm not critiscing the South American qualifying but is it not the top 5/10 that qualify.....50% chance of qualifying......Europe.....is something like a 33% chance of qualifying 

• Badger changed the title to World Cup - Qatar 2022
  • Badger pinned this topic

Brazil’s squad:

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Ederson, Weverton

Defenders: Dani Alves, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Alex Telles, Bremer, Eder Militao, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva

Midfielders: Bruno Guimaraes, Casemiro, Everton Ribeiro, Fabinho, Fred, Lucas Paqueta

Attackers: Antony, Gabriel Jesus, Gabriel Martinelli, Neymar, Pedro, Raphinha, Richarlison, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr

Hopefully England win but they won't. If not them then I'd like to see Germany or the Dutch win it, but I don't think they will either.

Brazil or Argentina the favourites for me. Personally I like seeing both sides go out because watching their fans cry is hilarious but I'd rather Brazil win than Argentina.