Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

6 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Or that there was a sliding scale of compensation in place that meant if he saw out a full year (last Friday) he was due a vastly reduced pay out? (That's total speculation btw on my part)

H&H looking in to see whether this is the case they said. Would explain the odd timing of why the decision came out on Saturday, the day after 

3 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Kris Boyd went into SKY this morning and told them Gio was sacked before the news broke my mates brother works at production and messaged him when we were in the gym About 8ish. 

Was shocked a little but refused to believe it then a few hours later it was announced.

giphy (14).gif

8 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Kris Boyd went into SKY this morning and told them Gio was sacked before the news broke my mates brother works at production and messaged him when we were in the gym About 8ish. 

Was shocked a little but refused to believe it then a few hours later it was announced.

Weird he “went into” Sky to tell them that since he was interviewed from home on Sky about 10AM. Did he nip in, tell them, then drive back?

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Out with Kranjcar, Barton and the abomination that was Senderos, you would have been hard pressed to know much about most of his signings they were of such a low profile.

Guys like Harry Forrester, Jason Holt and Zelalem on loan. Fotheringham in goal etc.

We had a tiny budget compared to what an established Rangers team in the SPFL get. That's undeniably true.

Star signings were folk like fucking O'Halloran who were viewed as big signings from teams like St Johnstone.

I would fancy that if Warburton had been given the same budget as Gio, we would currently be in a better place than we are now.

I'm not saying I want him back or anything, purely that I rate him higher than most of the other managers we have had recently in Pedro, Gio and the interims. Somewhere less than Gerrard, but overall I remember his time positively.

He did well to start with as he was the first manager I think that brough a true 4-3-3 to the SPL and teams struggled. We were scoring for fun for a while, then everyone adapted and he was fucked. Remember "Plan B is to do Plan A better" pish? Yeah that's a insult now and he believed it.

1 dimensional and had no presence to be able to manage great players, was a strong youth coach, nothing more.