Edmiston House finally opening its doors

esquire8

1 hour ago, Madina said:

It seems to work for SW13 or whatever it's called. They seem to be able to get decent acts and it's further out the city centre than EH. Factor in we also have a subway literally a 5 min walk away that's still open (aside from a Sunday) until after 11pm

SWG3 is right next to Finnieston though. Pubs, restaurants etc for pre and and post gig. There’s fuck all for that sort of crowd at EH. 

I go to a lot of gigs in Glasgow and EH will never get the kind of business on a consistent basis they think it will. I’m a fan of the place in general btw. Just this side of it isn’t going to happen. 

28 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

We done the floors in SWG3 when they refurbished. 

It's just an industrial road, with units designed into the bridge, and I'm sure the scheme you go through to get down that road is pretty bland/average with a wee fire station on the corner.

Realistically NEH should be able to compete to a similar sort of scale.

It might sound mental or a conspiracy theory, but could booking agents etc be hesitant because it's Rangers related, they could be seen as funding us, being partial to one club etc.

It’s close to a plethora of some of the best restaurants and pubs in Glasgow 

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

SWG3 is right next to Finnieston though. Pubs, restaurants etc for pre and and post gig. There’s fuck all for that sort of crowd at EH. 

I go to a lot of gigs in Glasgow and EH will never get the kind of business on a consistent basis they think it will. I’m a fan of the place in general btw. Just this side of it isn’t going to happen. 

Thank fuck someone gets it 

1 hour ago, Madina said:

It seems to work for SW13 or whatever it's called. They seem to be able to get decent acts and it's further out the city centre than EH. Factor in we also have a subway literally a 5 min walk away that's still open (aside from a Sunday) until after 11pm

How is SWG3 further out the city centre than EH :lol: clown 

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

How is SWG3 further out the city centre than EH :lol: clown 

I meant in regards to having a subway station near it

SWG3 is still about a 45 min walk from Central. 

14 minutes ago, Madina said:

It's about a ten minute walk from Partick. There's loads of buses on Argyle Street.

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

We done the floors in SWG3 when they refurbished. 

It's just an industrial road, with units designed into the bridge, and I'm sure the scheme you go through to get down that road is pretty bland/average with a wee fire station on the corner.

Realistically NEH should be able to compete to a similar sort of scale.

It might sound mental or a conspiracy theory, but could booking agents etc be hesitant because it's Rangers related, they could be seen as funding us, being partial to one club etc.

Did you dreepie off the bridge to get in to do the floors? Cos its in one of the most vibrant, affluent and spoiled for choice areas in Glasgow, if not the most.

the 700 capacity is a funny size for glasgow. other than the garage and st lukes, cant think of many around that size. neither of those are used that much that the need for another would be that obvious.

dont think the location holds it back that much tbh

3 hours ago, JD Sanchez said:

Did you dreepie off the bridge to get in to do the floors? Cos its in one of the most vibrant, affluent and spoiled for choice areas in Glasgow, if not the most.

The surrounding areas/businesses make it that. The actual industrial estate where SWG3 is, isn't exactly an idyllic setting or anything was my point.

If NEH had that same sort of infrastructure around it, it would be able to compete. 

No one exactly has any plans to tart up Ibrox any time soon though, there's no complimenting restaurants or places for a decent night out really anywhere around it.

That's through no fault of Rangers, it'd say that's Glasgow City Council not wanting to develop our surrounding area and charging extortionate rates to anyone that wants to give it a go.

And nah, no dreepie involved 😂 class word right enough, I'm in another job now so don't mind divulging but The Fraser Bruce Group got the contract for the refit.

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s 4 non RFC events booked in for 2024.

it’s never going to earn the £1 million profit that Bisgrove said and no wonder, last i heard, the Sports Bar has been put errrm on the back burner.

It's basically a stock room for Castore at the moment by the looks of it.

A lot of bands won’t touch it for gigs because of its Rangers connection because 

a) Scottish music industry tends to be full of them 

b) they know half their potential crowd won’t buy tickets if it’s at EH

4 hours ago, Madina said:

Yea, but a short stroll away from Finnieston. Being near the City Centre means very little. Its all about whats round about the venue and Finnieston ticks all the boxes, really. I used to live there and you dont really have to leave the place for anything, really.

14 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

A lot of bands won’t touch it for gigs because of its Rangers connection because 

a) Scottish music industry tends to be full of them 

b) they know half their potential crowd won’t buy tickets if it’s at EH

Both might affect some warped minded bands from round the city but outwith Glasgow I'm not sure any bands would give it a second thought. Especially where's there's profit to be made.

As for the location, a five minute walk from the subway is ideal, can be in a boozer in town 15 mins after leaving the venue if ur lucky.

11 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Both might affect some warped minded bands from round the city but outwith Glasgow I'm not sure any bands would give it a second thought. Especially where's there's profit to be made.

As for the location, a five minute walk from the subway is ideal, can be in a boozer in town 15 mins after leaving the venue if ur lucky.

True but it only holds around 6-700 so up and coming bands and generally local are probably going to be the main attraction with those numbers . Bigger and more established bands who decide to do smaller tours already have the barras or 02 academy 

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

The surrounding areas/businesses make it that. The actual industrial estate where SWG3 is, isn't exactly an idyllic setting or anything was my point.

If NEH had that same sort of infrastructure around it, it would be able to compete. 

No one exactly has any plans to tart up Ibrox any time soon though, there's no complimenting restaurants or places for a decent night out really anywhere around it.

That's through no fault of Rangers, it'd say that's Glasgow City Council not wanting to develop our surrounding area and charging extortionate rates to anyone that wants to give it a go.

And nah, no dreepie involved 😂 class word right enough, I'm in another job now so don't mind divulging but The Fraser Bruce Group got the contract for the refit.

Its never been an industrial estate though , it was literally 1 galvanisers yard