Rangers linked with £3m+ bid for Freddie woodman

RFC55

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

No your point was it doesn't matter who the keeper is, we conceded too many shots on target. Less than celtic. Then it was wee concede more big chances. Not really.

Kilmarnock had 2 shots on target. One a goal, and the other he nearly gave away a penalty. Aye I think we need to invest in a decent keeper.

And you think spending 3mill on a keeper is going to make problems like that go away, meanwhile we spunk a fortune on one position and still have guys like wright, etc in the squad 

When was the last goal directly caused by our keeper? 

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And you think spending 3mill on a keeper is going to make problems like that go away, meanwhile we spunk a fortune on one position and still have guys like wright, etc in the squad 

Buying a competent keeper who saves more shots than most in the league will help massively. Keeping squad players like Wright has absolutely fuck all to do with that. It's fucking bonkers that you're even thinking it will.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Neither is our midfield and defence then, when was the last keeper howler from us? When was the last defensive shambles from us? 

Probably McLaughlin at Killie.

And at the cup final for the midfield & defence.

Not sure what point you’re making?

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Twice you've asked that but it doesn't matter whether a goal is directly caused by our keeper or not. I want our keeper to have that extra bit of quality to make the difficult saves that alone are worth 10 points a season. This season and last there have been several goals conceded where you could argue that peak McGregor keeps them out. That's the quality that helps win leagues. I agree that the goalkeeper isn't the only area that needs strengthened but for me it's priority.

To answer your question the answer is yesterday. McGregor was directly at fault for the goal by flapping at the ball when he should have got a strong fist to in in front of the big goalscorer. 

On 02/03/2023 at 11:36, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not saying Woodman isn’t a good or decent keeper, but 3.5 million seems pretty steep for a guy whose career has been spent mainly playing in the Championship IMO.

I don’t mean this as a dig at Beale even though it will sound like one but it’s got massive “Freddie is a player I know well and have followed for a long time from a far. I remember him standing out when I was managing the Liverpool U’23’s and I have tracked his progress ever since” vibes to it. 

That's exactly what Postecoglu has done at celtic and they're about to win yet another treble.

I'd much rather Beale sign players he knows if he thinks they're good enough.

48 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

That's exactly what Postecoglu has done at celtic and they're about to win yet another treble.

I'd much rather Beale sign players he knows if he thinks they're good enough.

He’s signing internationals. We’re being linked with Championship jobbers. 

24 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s signing internationals. We’re being linked with Championship jobbers. 

Sakala, Kamara and Matondo are all internationals.

Hatate, CCV, Jota and Kyogo are probably their 4 best players yet don't get picked for their country. CCV and Jota were reserve team players.

Being an international isn't a barometer of quality.

A starting keeper for a Championship club is a jobber, who do you expect us to be going for, De Gea?

5 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Sakala, Kamara and Matondo are all internationals.

Hatate, CCV, Jota and Kyogo are probably their 4 best players yet don't get picked for their country. CCV and Jota were reserve team players.

Being an international isn't a barometer of quality.

A starting keeper for a Championship club is a jobber, who do you expect us to be going for, De Gea?

Wouldn’t touch de Gea. Guy is rotten.