Rangers linked with £3m+ bid for Freddie woodman

RFC55

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

But at one point or another in their career they were regulars in a top 5 league. McGregor played 2/3 seasons in EPL with Hull, Gordon played 4/5 seasons in EPL with Sunderland, Hart with Man City and Forster played full seasons at Southampton before being dropped and ending up back at celtic.

Not saying we cant go in a different direction but there seems to be a trend.

Well we’d foderingham is about to be an EPL number 1 and I’d say on the whole he isn’t great.

I just don’t see that as being a huge deal breaker for us, woodman is a keeper who when he was up here previously did impress, wasnt he on a shortlist for POtY or YPOTY as well?

that killie side were dour as fuck right enough 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

That you don’t mind reading, from What I remember at killie he was superb at shot stopping and commanded his area well, seems strange we’d target a non ball playing keeper though with how we hope to play.

We need a commanding good shot stopper, we are decent with creating chances from the back in goldson and tav anyway, I'd rather have an excellent shot stopper that plays short balls well to our good crossers of the ball than a keeper that can pick a quality pass but can't deal with long balls into the box

47 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Fair enough, and I could be wrong. But a decent loan at Killie and he could have played for worse teams doesn't fill anyone with confidence. 

Daniel Bachmann once played for Killie and was Austrias number one at the Euros two years later. Doesn’t really bother me where Woodman’s played tbh.

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well we’d foderingham is about to be an EPL number 1 and I’d say on the whole he isn’t great.

I just don’t see that as being a huge deal breaker for us, woodman is a keeper who when he was up here previously did impress, wasnt he on a shortlist for POtY or YPOTY as well?

that killie side were dour as fuck right enough 

I do like Woodman and he is young so room for improvement as well!

As for Wes you still have to be good goalkeeper which I dont think he is, especially compared to the other 4 mentioned.

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I do like Woodman and he is young so room for improvement as well!

As for Wes you still have to be good goalkeeper which I dont think he is, especially compared to the other 4 mentioned.

Fod was a good close range shot stopper, and decent enough with the ball at his feet, but I remember he was awful with long range efforts.

Seemed to get caught out constantly with them. 

Not saying Woodman isn’t a good or decent keeper, but 3.5 million seems pretty steep for a guy whose career has been spent mainly playing in the Championship IMO.

I don’t mean this as a dig at Beale even though it will sound like one but it’s got massive “Freddie is a player I know well and have followed for a long time from a far. I remember him standing out when I was managing the Liverpool U’23’s and I have tracked his progress ever since” vibes to it. 

29 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Fod was a good close range shot stopper, and decent enough with the ball at his feet, but I remember he was awful with long range efforts.

Seemed to get caught out constantly with them. 

Aye his long range goalkeeping is about as good as 41yo McGregor's. 

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not saying Woodman isn’t a good or decent keeper, but 3.5 million seems pretty steep for a guy whose career has been spent mainly playing in the Championship IMO.

I don’t mean this as a dig at Beale even though it will sound like one but it’s got massive “Freddie is a player I know well and have followed for a long time from a far. I remember him standing out when I was managing the Liverpool U’23’s and I have tracked his progress ever since” vibes to it. 

That’s all we’re getting off Beale to be fair. That’s his background.

Wilson and his network need to bring the other options, which is a bit of a worry tbh. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Well no, we’ve signed players from all over 

Indeed, we do however seem to be eternally linked with players from England and Belgium. That appears quite narrow. Would be good to see more solid evidence of spreading our wings, especially with Wilson as DoF

46 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Daniel Bachmann once played for Killie and was Austrias number one at the Euros two years later. Doesn’t really bother me where Woodman’s played tbh.

Fair enough and I could be wrong, if we sign him, I hope I end up being wrong. But we have had that many players coming from the lower leagues in England who ended up being a waste of money, it just seems to a recurring thing now. I just think we might end up spending the money to get another Wes Fodringham, loved him as a guy, but he just wasn'y good enough.

We need a keeper that is always alert, only called into action once or twice a game, that is our problem because keepers look fantastic when kept very busy

i have no idea if this guy fits the bill but is an essential quality for a Rangers keeper

He was class at Killie tbf. 3.5 fee seems a bit of a joke. But who knows these days.

I’d be happy with him if he’s decent with ball at feet. Long balls less of an issue as hopefully we won’t be a team that will be pumping the ball king from our keeper.

Bit depressing we’re shopping in the same old markets. Don’t mind it too much for a keeper tbf though.