Ross Wilson Joins Nottingham Forest - Confirmed

Canabear

Good Signing - Bassey, Tillman, Raskin, Cantwell.

Anyone Could Have Signed - Lundstram, Colak, Wright, Davies, Souttar, McLaughlin, Sakala, 

Awful - Hagi(Injuries), Kamberi, Roofe(Injuries), Itten, Simpson, Zungu, Bacuna, Zukowski, Sands, Diallo, Ramsey, Yilmaz(May change to good), 

Not judging Ofoborh, Yilmaz or Lawrence.

4 good signings, a few that I could have signed watching a couple of games on TV. Rest have been failures.

Over 50% have been disasters!

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I make it about 9 hits, 14 misses and 4 TBC. So roughly a 30% hit rate which is fucking dire. 

Compare that with the tarriers who are above 80% since Postecoglu came in, it’s no fucking wonder we’re behind them. 

Ross Wilson and whoever else has been involved in recruitment over the past 3 seasons is a fucking fraud. 

Bunch of the hits I’d expect anyone to be able to sign.

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Anyone Could Have Signed - Lundstram, Colak, Wright, Davies, Souttar, McLaughlin, Sakala, 

Awful - Hagi(Injuries), Kamberi, Roofe(Injuries), Itten, Simpson, Zungu, Bacuna, Zukowski, Sands, Diallo, Ramsey, Yilmaz(May change to good), 

4 good signings, a few that I could have signed watching a couple of games on TV. Rest have been failures.

But you just said Yilmaz was in your awful category then said you weren't judging him?

Cantwell too soon to be called good imo, needs to be creating a lot more for me.  Raskin also too soon, albeit signs are good.  Interesting you class him as good but not Lawrence who has played roughly the same amount of games and looked pretty good tnh.

Harsh on some of the awful, I don't think anyone had a problem with Itten, Simpson or Diallo when they first signed.

Great he's gone though, and agree with most of your assessments.

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Canny have Raskin and Cantwell in good yet :lol: 

20 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

Thanks Nottingham! 

good riddance. we don't need a DoF. Manager should be able to say who he wants and then get the money to sign them. Simples.

So Beale is meant to sit and negotiate signings and contracts etc?

Listening to the interview, and don't know if I'm reading into it what I want to be true, but there's not any sense of loss or upset that he's gone :lol:

He "let heads of departments flourish in their roles" - I took as code for he wasn't that involved

Overall, I think since Beale has come in he's said numerous times he's made assessments on players that need to stay and go and if the latter is a rather large list, as he's suggested, then it reflects badly on Wilson.  We get the polished version in the media - I can imagine there's been some brutally honest conversations behind the scenes and it might just have got to the stage where Wilson knew his input wasn't being valued as much and he looked to the exit while his stock is still reasonably high across the football patch as a whole?

I just can't shake the feeling the club aren't very sad about this.  I know I'm not :lol: - so as I say it might just be me projecting :lol:

1 hour ago, gazza87 said:

But you just said Yilmaz was in your awful category then said you weren't judging him?

Cantwell too soon to be called good imo, needs to be creating a lot more for me.  Raskin also too soon, albeit signs are good.  Interesting you class him as good but not Lawrence who has played roughly the same amount of games and looked pretty good tnh.

Harsh on some of the awful, I don't think anyone had a problem with Itten, Simpson or Diallo when they first signed.

Great he's gone though, and agree with most of your assessments.

Lawrence might not come back the same player, meant to take Yilmaz out. Would probably say awful that we spent 3-4m on a LB who doesn’t even start.

Whether he turns out good or not is a different story.

Regardless on Simpson/Diallo/Itten they’re all still Wilson’s failures whether we thought they’d be decent or not.

35 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The job isnt just about signings. 

We all know that its a bigger remit than that but it's not needed as us they do not have it and they are making us look like an amateur team.

We needed an experienced manager but we went for the easy option.

8 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Didn't we weirdly make money on Bacuna? Terrible on the field but if we made money then it strangely can't be classed as a 'bad' signing.

Think he's been playing well an Buca Juniors are interested in him. Bit of useless information. 

On 13/04/2023 at 10:42, Negri's lovechild said:

At this point in time i'm fairly happy that Wilson has moved on.

Time will decide if he has been a success or failure. I think some of the signings have been horrendously unlucky regarding injuries (Ofoborh, Yilmaz, Lawrence, Hagi, Soutter to a point as we knew his injury history). There have been gambles regarding signings that haven't paid off, and there have been some outright awful signings. I completely forgot that Kamberi played for us. 

The number of players who haven't worked out is a worry, and shows a lack of understanding of what is expected at a club like Rangers. You're never going to get every signing right, but at least identify a character or a trait in a player that will fit with the club's ethos. 

At this time i would be quite happy for the management team to identify players who would slot into their philosophy.

This is a very good post.  The signings of Cantwell and Raskin feel different to the seemingly scatter gun approach we've taken before - they were very targeted signings by the mgt team. 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

We all know that its a bigger remit than that but it's not needed as us they do not have it and they are making us look like an amateur team.

We needed an experienced manager but we went for the easy option.

This role is called many things and "they" do have it also. The role is different at most Cubs, but "they" have that Mark Lawwel guy.

10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

This role is called many things and "they" do have it also. The role is different at most Cubs, but "they" have that Mark Lawwel guy.

A stupid idea let the manger decide he then falls on his sword if the signings are shite there's no extra man to take the blame.

There's always going to be scouts anyway.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

A stupid idea let the manger decide he then falls on his sword if the signings are shite there's no extra man to take the blame.

There's always going to be scouts anyway.

The bigger a Club grows the more the need for someone to connect all the parts of it. That is basically what a DOF does.. or whatever you call him. There are however as many variations on the job as there are clubs that have it. It relieves the Manager from a helluva lot of work so he can work with the team.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The bigger a Club grows the more the need for someone to connect all the parts of it. That is basically what a DOF does.. or whatever you call him. There are however as many variations on the job as there are clubs that have it. It relieves the Manager from a helluva lot of work so he can work with the team.

Yes, everyone realises that.