General Transfer Talk

Broxi

16 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It's not one window though. This will be Beale's second window, and postecoglou arrived in June. We've had a massive amount of time to prepare that he didn't. 

Beale was always going to come in, make the best of what he had until the summer and then start properly rebuilding the squad then, but even then it’s still a process that will take time. Cunts want to constantly big up what Fat Ange has done, and he’s done well, but it wasn’t done in one window like people like to make out. He’s still lumbered with players that have no place in their squad going forward now and he’s almost two years into the job.

We probably could have done a bit more in January, but I would imagine finances dictated that we couldn’t so we shopped smartly, got two key components for the side going forward and gave them six months to settle in.

We will do a lot of work in the Summer, but even if 10 come in there will still be work needed in the next window too.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There is no chance we sign Archer

We were linked with him loads under Gerrard and more recently. Beale seems to be going to what he knows and I’d be surprised if we aren’t asking about him, especially as he’ll have contacts at Villa. 

Could be out of our price range but a loan to buy might be possible. Villa are at a different ballpark to his level right now and they’re hardly going to replace Watkins with him. 

Also has the same agent at Bassey, so we could easily sound out if he’s keen

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think knives will seriously be out if we fail on either.

Champions League will be hard depending on the draw

I don't think it would be fair to say "knives will be out" on Beale if he fails to beat a team like PSV in a play off round.

Although I think we're higher seeded this season right? Or are seeded compared to not being last season? 

5 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Villa will want best part of 10 million for him. 

We do need to spend on proper quality in the forward areas Nora’s much as 10 obviously but 5/6 maybe even 7 needs to be available for the right player. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think knives will seriously be out if we fail on either.

Probably. Qualifying for the CL gives him some credit though.

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We were linked with him loads under Gerrard and more recently. Beale seems to be going to what he knows and I’d be surprised if we aren’t asking about him, especially as he’ll have contacts at Villa. 

Could be out of our price range but a loan to buy might be possible. Villa are at a different ballpark to his level right now and they’re hardly going to replace Watkins with him. 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’s played himself into a move at a higher level than what we offer.

I’m positive I read Villa wanted £20 million for him.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I don't think it would be fair to say "knives will be out" on Beale if he fails to beat a team like PSV in a play off round.

Although I think we're higher seeded this season right? Or are seeded compared to not being last season? 

There's clearly some who have already seen enough. There's a fair bit of it already and a narrative of Saturday being a meaningless game and due to celtic not caring if we somehow win, but at the same time it's collateral to be used against Beale next season if we don't. That "use against" him will be very vocal if we don't qualify for CL regardless of opponent, and likely if we're not points ahead of the scum given the OF game has a home advantage.  No 2 ways about it.

10 minutes ago, Broxi said:

We will be higher seeded if we qualify (pot 3) but will face one of a bunch of league 2nd/3rd place teams in the qualifiers.

Just now, esquire8 said:

We will be higher seeded if we qualify (pot 3) but will face one of a bunch of league 2nd/3rd place teams in the qualifiers.

Need Juventus to win Europa league or there’s a possibility of a 3rd placed French side. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t get my head round giving new deals to guys that are too old, and even before they got too old they had only won 2 trophies in 15.

Keep seeing ‘it’s not football manager / FIFA’ you can’t just get a new team, but having guys who aren’t contributing going out of contract who we could actually get rid of and then offering new deals just seems mental.

The level of ability and the mentality of this group needs a drastic step change. You don’t get that by giving anyone in the squad more time. 

We have to change the way we play with Tav and Borna being our most creative players till we fix that we will leak like a sieve.

I'm not going to cry about Jack getting a new deal, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world.

But people wanting to re-sign Arfield as well are mental. 

I really fear for next season if our first 3 signings of the summer are Jack, Arfield and Dowell. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t get my head round giving new deals to guys that are too old, and even before they got too old they had only won 2 trophies in 15.

Keep seeing ‘it’s not football manager / FIFA’ you can’t just get a new team, but having guys who aren’t contributing going out of contract who we could actually get rid of and then offering new deals just seems mental.

The level of ability and the mentality of this group needs a drastic step change. You don’t get that by giving anyone in the squad more time. 

Exactly. We know that Davis, McGregor and arguably Jack and Arfield aren’t good enough, are too old and only going to have less legs next year. What is the point in keeping them. People moan about mentality but want to keep 4 players that have been part of the same underperforming group. And are too shit to get a game.

We’re far better off binning them and trying our hand with a few more loans or frees that might pay off handsomely and improve us. Worst case we might have to rely on Lowry instead of Arfield or McCrorie instead of McGregor as our back up squad players. Before we even get into new signings.

We already have Hagi, Lawrence, Kamara etc on the books that aren’t playing before we even need to consider Davis. It’s hardly the end of the world

Being re-linked with players from 2/3 years ago is boak inducing btw. Karlan Grant, Jake Cooper, Kieran Dowell, Josh Maja all linked to us under Gerrard. In the time thats passed our scouting department seemingly hasn't found any better options? 

You could argue that these players contracts are expiring or the player is available for whatever reason so it makes sense for us to snap them up on the cheap but it just screams of a poorly ran scouting department to me. 

Balogun prob available for free in the summer acc to the BBC, would take him back purely as a back up tomorrow. Low wage or pay for play. 

Helander for the off, which leaves us Goldson, Davies, Souttar. King is 19 and needs a loan. Balogun would give us 4 solid CH's. With Lundstram if he stays, as a 5th and last resort.

46 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Guaranteed some sort of Group Stage football regardless of what happens.