General Transfer Talk

Broxi

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I don’t hear anything much anymore but I’ve been told we do want him, I posted about it a few weeks ago. 

actually mentioned it when that daft football insider had us linked with the Coventry player 

Looks like exactly what we need upfront, think he’d cost a few quid though even in his last year. 

21 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What happened to our links with Archer, do we think he's out of reach now after his second half season with Middlesborough? 

Think a loan would be the only option but even then could see him going to a premier league side, time to get him was January. 

30 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What happened to our links with Archer, do we think he's out of reach now after his second half season with Middlesborough? 

Think we’ve missed the boat with him now tbh. Imagine if they don’t sell him this Summer he will get another loan move to the top of the EFL or maybe even to a promoted team.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Piroe does not look to have much pace, or trickery. He does however seem to excel at kicking the ball into the goal.

He makes every finish look so easy in that video. But like you say, it doesn't look like he does much more that be in the right place and consistently stick the ball away which we have admittedly lacked. 

5 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

He makes every finish look so easy in that video. But like you say, it doesn't look like he does much more that be in the right place and consistently stick the ball away which we have admittedly lacked. 

Bit like Colak then before his injury

13 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Tbf that video is only showing his goals so he could have more to his game that we aren’t seeing here. 

13 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

If that happens then we've learnt nothing from Kent and Morelos.

Hardly incentivises a player though does it?

Sign for 4 years, we'll pay you a huge compensatory wedge at the arse end, but if something happens Ie you get injured and we end up not selling you then hey ho tough shit.

I'm not sure that's too attractive tbf compared to taking higher payments for a set term.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I thought Charlie Lindsay was meant to be the next big thing. Another not making the grade.

That whole 'academy' system needs to be scrapped. 

There has to be a better way. 

Improved analytic approach combine with bolstered scouting teams. 

The failure rates ruin the cost effectiveness. 

2 minutes ago, Tao said:

That whole 'academy' system needs to be scrapped. 

There has to be a better way. 

Improved analytic approach combine with bolstered scouting teams. 

The failure rates ruin the cost effectiveness. 

We seemed to have a system in place where we'd sign really talented youngsters and they wouldn't improve. How many clips do we see of youngsters doing something amazing then never hear about it again. We've not harnessed enough of the talent we've accumulated. However that's countered by saying we scouted Bassey from youth and Patterson is one of our own products. Lovelace is the one with all the hype. I'm not sure if we have the ability to make him into a star. 

3 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I'm not sure there will ever be a day when Rangers and paying a player that level of money.

We shouldn't ever be to be honest, well over and above our limits.

In this example, there is absolutely no way Reiss Nelson should be signed and be one of our top earners. Played around 100 career games at 23, was bang average on both of his loan spells and looks like he's going to be signed by a lower prem team to fill out their squad, the exact sort of market we need to avoid.