Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Simple question 

What does a captain do while we’re playing a game?

name some stuff, cheers

Your a big boy now i think, im sure you know what a captain should be doing during games, dont try and take the piss, i thought you were above that, cheers.

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Are you at it? Like come on, there's no way you're this dense to try and twist what I've said to suit that?

The question was is it time to change the captain, it doesn't specify when that change should take place, grow up dude 😂

Sorry, which players that have been here for years do you 1. Think should actually still be here and 2. Is suitable to be captain? Because there's none.

It literally does. You can’t be this dense surely.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Goldson at a push. I agree with you on that part. Nobody in our team is captain material but bringing in a new face to the club and immediately making him captain would cause uproar in the squad. It would split the dressing room.

The majority of players that have been here for years that would be affected by such a decision, realistically shouldn't be here anymore.

Only Goldson and Tav from that bulk would be here I suspect. 

Worth remembering Tav was only here a year and a bit before being made Captain.

If we're rebuilding, there should be a new captain for the new cycle.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

Your a big boy now i think, im sure you know what a captain should be doing during games, dont try and take the piss, i thought you were above that, cheers.

I don't think anyone is taking the piss. You've asked a loaded question. You have said he isn't captain material so what would you say is? I can answer why I think Tav is a good captain choice for example and I have. The question put forward to you is fair.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

The majority of players that have been here for years that would be affected by such a decision, realistically shouldn't be here anymore.

Only Goldson and Tav from that bulk would be here I suspect. 

Worth remembering Tav was only here a year and a bit before being made Captain.

If we're rebuilding, there should be a new captain for the new cycle.

But the majority of the squad (in Beales words) will be here. As much as we want to see a rebuild it ain't gonna happen on our budget. All we can do is bring in better players and hopefully kicks on the rest of the squad. I'm just not sure someone walking in the door and taking the armband would be right for them or the players.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

I’m not. I’m actually interested in what you think a captain does on the park, you started a thread tbf

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

It literally doesn't though, even the OP in the original context body of the thread posed it as a change for next season. Stop trying to be a smart arse.

😂the question you quoted does. It’s not ‘is next season the time to change’. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

But the majority of the squad (in Beales words) will be here. As much as we want to see a rebuild it ain't gonna happen on our budget. All we can do is bring in better players and hopefully kicks on the rest of the squad. I'm just not sure someone walking in the door and taking the armband would be right for them or the players.

Even if it's not a full scale rebuild, my thoughts are this cycle of the club is at its end.

And whatever the plan is for the next season, keeping in mind the majority of aging players that have been here for the longest time, will either be out of contract or entering their final stages at Rangers.

A refresh in the summer and a change of captain with a view to it all changing in the next year or two (most contracts expire in the next one to three years) would be a start.

Just now, The Dude said:

😂the question you quoted does. It’s not ‘is next season the time to change’. 

Now you're just being deliberately daft 😂 my thoughts are known here, we should change the captain.

Anyone reading this with half a brain would realise that meant next season, as it'd be utterly pointless to do at the stage of this season, but whatever if you feel like this is some sort of victory for you, that I somehow don't want to change captain because of the way you twist words, crack on you nutter.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Souness yes , started the nine in a row, turned our club around, why wouldnt he ?

Well you're making the point Tav should not be in HoF due to his lack of trophies and individual merits yet Souness and Wilkins are in there with much less.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m not. I’m actually interested in what you think a captain does on the park, you started a thread tbf

Lead us to winning trophys, drive the team on when floundering, get in the oppositions face the way Brown and plastic face have done and not accept mediocrity, is that enough for you . I started the thread because in my opinion Tav is a serial loser as a captain but i like him as a player.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Now you're just being deliberately daft 😂 my thoughts are known here, we should change the captain.

Anyone reading this with half a brain would realise that meant next season, as it'd be utterly pointless to do at the stage of this season, but whatever if you feel like this is some sort of victory for you, that I somehow don't want to change captain because of the way you twist words, crack on you nutter.

So we should change captain (but not now) and appoint someone who is yet to sign for the club? 

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Lead us to winning trophys, drive the team on when floundering, get in the oppositions face the way Brown and plastic face have done and not accept mediocrity, is that enough for you . I started the thread because in my opinion Tav is a serial loser as a captain but i like him as a player.

He has. Greig won one in his first six years as captain

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I don't think anyone is taking the piss. You've asked a loaded question. You have said he isn't captain material so what would you say is? I can answer why I think Tav is a good captain choice for example and I have. The question put forward to you is fair.

You tried to take the piss earlier saying i was all over the place which is shite fae you, i dont mind debate but cant stand snidey cunts. Why is it a loaded question ? Do you think its time to change our captain its a yes or no question with reasons given for or against it, its no a hard question.

Just now, The Dude said:

So we should change captain (but not now) and appoint someone who is yet to sign for the club? 

Yes, we should change the captain (as implied for next season 😉) - and as I said to you earlier I don't know who the replacement should be, perhaps some will say Goldson should be, alas we may sign someone with more leadership ability in the summer. 

Who knows, as I said it's for the club to address that area whether it be a signing or not. 

Also if you're going to next say that a new signing can't be club captain, I'll rubbish that just now - it's ridiculous to believe that just because someone is new, their natural leadership abilities are somehow diminished, and if we go the rebuild route, then it wouldn't matter regardless.

Think I've explained myself enough at this point, you have a nice evening 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That’s not just down to the captain. 
John Greig won one trophy in his first six years as captain. 

Well if Tav goes onto captain us to half as many trophies as Greig collected after his initial 6 year stint then these questions and debates will stopped being asked of him