Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I mean I don’t think his trackie on or off made a difference. Ferguson was a well known face all over Scotland . His going out and not being able to handle his emotions was the daft part but he was still young at the time and everyone has made daft decisions at 20 or whatever age he was at the time 

No arguements there . Since he has hung up his boots Ferguson has done more than enough to ruin his legacy with the fans and I certainly don’t have a lot of time for him . Dosen’t take away from the fact he was a captain who delivered and has a trophy haul to back it up 

Bit of common sense though, no? Just been pumped 6-2 off Celtic. Probably not the night to go out on the piss with your pals (club trackie or not). It's just asking for trouble.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Every Rangers player should have the goal of doing the domestic set. You claimed he would be 'content' with doing it once based, ostensibly, on your dislike of Tavernier.

Who would you replace him with?

His attitude over the years, the things he's said in Matchday programmes, personally for him it'd be nice doing the set, he's getting older etc - I have no dislike for Tav he has been a very good servant for this football club.

But he'd still have the same Rangers career with or without that armband, he hasn't been a leader or a winner, which is what a Rangers captain ultimately should be.

Thank you Tav, but perhaps this rebuild should also come with a new captain, even if he stays.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

His attitude over the years, the things he's said in Matchday programmes, personally for him it'd be nice doing the set, he's getting older etc - I have no dislike for Tav he has been a very good servant for this football club.

But he'd still have the same Rangers career with or without that armband, he hasn't been a leader or a winner, which is what a Rangers captain ultimately should be.

Thank you Tav, but perhaps this rebuild should also come with a new captain, even if he stays.

What's been wrong with his attitude? He's one of the few folk in Scottish football I've never heard anyone have a bad word to say about them.

The matchday programme stuff was totally overblown and there was a fair amount of truth in what he said. Folk got pissed off because they didn't want to hear it.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bit of common sense though, no? Just been pumped 6-2 off Celtic. Probably not the night to go out on the piss with your pals (club trackie or not). It's just asking for trouble.

Yeah which is why I said it was the daft part 

he was young and daft though. He was still only around 20 when he was captain at that stage. Not the only high profile players of us or them to be involved in a drunken scrap . And ultimately on the playing side he went on to deliver after that incident 

I have watched that fucker Brown stroll around the park full of confidence and geeing up his players at every oppertunity and now plastic face is doing the same, mocking us and taking the piss, we need someone who can get us up for games and rally the players during games, Tav is like a wee lamb compared to they bastards.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Pretty sure Lennon was over at Fergies when he got his MBE.

"Lenny surprised me once. He had done a video for me getting my MBE.

"He was sitting in my seat in the house, which I don’t like anyone doing. It’s only me who sits in that chair and I’ve got OCD. There was a party in my house and we’re watching this video and he’s sitting there in my seat.

"I’ve also got three cups which I don’t like anyone using so you can imagine what I see next – there he is drinking tea from my favourite cup. I nearly spat my beer out.

"But people don’t know that about him, that he does these things for people.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What's been wrong with his attitude? He's one of the few folk in Scottish football I've never heard anyone have a bad word to say about them.

The matchday programme stuff was totally overblown and there was a fair amount of truth in what he said. Folk got pissed off because they didn't want to hear it.

I wouldn't know bud, no one in the current squad anyway. Thankfully the club pays people to scout for players.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

I wouldn't know bud, no one in the current squad anyway. Thankfully the club pays people to scout for players.

So you don't think it's time to change the captain? Make your mind up man.

What's wrong with Tavernier's attitude?

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A genuine question Do you think that’s possibly the problem? 

Again I mentioned earlier that Scotland and Glasgow maybe hasn’t moved on from the attitude of the captains having some sort of character , grit , dig and attitude about them when it’s needed. 

That lot are currently idolising a captain who has based his character on the previous prick Brown who ultimately based his character and role as captain on one of the other previous pricks Lennon. Reason being it’s still winning them trophies 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

A genuine question Do you think that’s possibly the problem? 

Again I mentioned earlier that Scotland and Glasgow maybe hasn’t moved on from the attitude of the captains having some sort of character , grit , dig and attitude about them when it’s needed. 

That lot are currently idolising a captain who has based his character on the previous prick Brown who based his character on one of the other previous pricks Lennon. Reason being it’s still winning them trophies 

Not in the slightest. Not sure how his peers seeing him as a consummate pro and fantastic ambassador for the club - and Scottish football in general - has any correlation with us not winning trophies.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not in the slightest. Not sure how his peers seeing him as a consummate pro and fantastic ambassador for the club - and Scottish football in general - has any correlation with us not winning trophies.

There is a big difference between a captain and an ambassador. He is a shite captain and a great ambassador.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean we mocked them for years for showing a similar attitude towards paul Mcstay. Reason being he landed few trophies over a long period with them as captain

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I mean we mocked them for years for showing a similar attitude towards paul Mcstay. Reason being he landed few trophies over a long period with them 

That doesn't explain how it could be 'the problem'.

Paul McStay wasn't someone his peers almost universally praised. Many thought/think he's a snide wee cunt (including quite a few on their side)

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't explain how it could be 'the problem'.

Paul McStay wasn't someone his peers almost universally praised. Many thought/think he's a snide wee cunt (including quite a few on their side)

McStay was admired and praised tenfold compared to Tav, he captained Scotland at every age level and was respected throughout the game. Ffs theres no comparison.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

McStay was admired and praised tenfold compared to Tav, he captained Scotland at every age level and was respected throughout the game. Ffs theres no comparison.

Admired and praised by them. Plenty - including ex-teammates - despise him.

100% not captain material let it be known at start of the season he disagreed with Gio’s ideas was never behind the manager. Seen texts between him and David Graham slagging Gio’s team. Captain rallies the troops not divide he believes he’s better than he is and on the pitch it’s never tavs fault. Amount of time Goldson has covered his arse is frightening. Ego sums him up hall of fame my arse