Is It Time For A New Captain ?

BlueboyG

Although Tav's numbers are very good as a player his leadership has been poor imo, he has been here a few years now and all we have is the 55 championship and a cup under his leadership, whether we win the SC or not i reckon its time to hand the captaincy to someone stronger for next season. This isnt a knee jerk reaction to yesterday , we have won very little unter Tav and things need to change.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Good player shit captain. Still steps up and scores big goals and he led by example at the piggery.

But don’t think he’s a born leader. Think Goldson would be better off the bat

Great player but serial loser as a captain, time for a change.

The problem with questions like these are that they’re completely moot.

We know there won’t be another captain unless one of two things happen:

1) Tav leaves

2) Tav does something so unbelievably stupid and unprofessional he has it stripped from him.

Option 1 is some way away and option 2 won’t happen, so it’s a total waste of breath even discussing it.

24 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Although Tav's numbers are very good as a player his leadership has been poor imo, he has been here a few years now and all we have is the 55 championship and a cup under his leadership, whether we win the SC or not i reckon its time to hand the captaincy to someone stronger for next season. This isnt a knee jerk reaction to yesterday , we have won very little unter Tav and things need to change.

You think if say, John Souttar or McGregor was captain yesterday any difference would have been made?

27 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

In what way?

The main problem you have is that there isn't a viable candidate to take over. Goldson would be the obvious one for me and is certainly vocal at the back but like Tav has been part of a squad for a number of years now who have underachieved in terms of trophies. Jack doesn't play enough games and may not even be here next season although I think he will. Arfield same as Jack.

After that then who?

I've seen Raskin been suggested but he's just in the door and may not be as good as some of the posters who have being going OTT at some of his performances suggest.

FWIW no I don't think it's time for a change in captaincy. 

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You think if say, John Souttar or McGregor was captain yesterday any difference would have been made?

No, however with a few players going and some coming in once the season is done would be the ideal time to nominate a new captain. A new beginning.

2 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

He has won next to fuck all since being captain, he doesnt seem vocal enough on the park and moans at every cunt when he fucks up.

Winning fuck all as captain means less than nothing re: his leadership.

He's probably the most vocal Rangers player on the park.