John Souttar

The criticism of Souttar and Propper was a bit OTT last night. Granted, they weren't great, but the dangers mostly came from the wide areas. Fofana & Cherki had the better of Tav & Jefté all night long.

Last week, Souttar was getting praise, but now he doesn't make Sunday's match thread team — RM at its finest.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Souttar was fine last night.

Opening two goals he done everything he is meant to do. The second goal especially, he actually put Barron and Propper in a great position to recover, it's not his fault Propper needlessly sprinted past Lacazette and left him wide open for a tap in. Honestly some of the worst individual defending I've seen at Ibrox.

I was getting flashbacks to Kiernan and Wilson watching him last night.

Constantly going after the ball with no idea of where his man is.

47 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Souttar was fine last night.

Opening two goals he done everything he is meant to do. The second goal especially, he actually put Barron and Propper in a great position to recover, it's not his fault Propper needlessly sprinted past Lacazette and left him wide open for a tap in. Honestly some of the worst individual defending I've seen at Ibrox.

It was crazy from an experienced cb literary could of made it easier

Just now, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Tbf I don’t think anyone ever thought they were anywhere near his level 

Lacazette was a good striker but is by his best, our CBs made him look peak Arsenal level, they should have did better.

4 minutes ago, ayro said:

Lacazette was a good striker but is by his best, our CBs made him look peak Arsenal level, they should have did better.

You regularly watching him at Lyon aye? He’s 33 and our cbs are 28 and 31. He’s hardly over the hill in his career compared to them 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You regularly watching him at Lyon aye? He’s 33 and our cbs are 28 and 31. He’s hardly over the hill in his career compared to them 

Not really, generally go to our games or watch us so enlighten me at how great Lacazette is.

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Mate. He is levels above them. Add in the two wide attackers and you have a pumping on your hands.

I would hope that our two CBs collectively would handle one striker, sadly they never.

Agree on Cherki as he was good the last time we played them, hadn’t heard of Fofana until last night but thought he was excellent.

Genuine question, given your view on their attack to our defence I assume you were expecting us to get pumped?

Personally I looked at them mostly as names like Matic, Tolisso, Lacazette etc as being good in their day but by their best hence why they were at Lyon and thought draw would be a solid result, which is looking stupidly optimistic 😂