Singing section to be trialed during Newcastle friendly.

Loyal72

A designated area in the Copland for supporters to stand and sing will be trialed at Ibrox for the upcoming Allan McGregor testimonial.

Rangers will also be having a full away allocation housed in the Broomloan.

Hopefully this singing section is the start of safe standing etc and getting a move forward.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

A designated area in the Copland for supporters to stand and sing will be trialed at Ibrox for the upcoming Allan McGregor testimonial.

Hopefully this singing section is the start of safe standing etc and getting a move forward.

Love this man. 

will be bouncing 

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It doesn't actually say anything about standing FYI, just singing.

Just now, left winger said:

Good idea and a good game to trial it.

Won’t be long before the ‘it’s my seat, why should I have to move’?’ brigade come on, though.

Those who are affected by the moves will be added to a movers sale list, that effectively gives them priority on seats elsewhere. 

View might be slightly different, the new cunt next to ye might no wash, but overall I think the stadium needs a kick up the arse.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Those who are affected by the moves will be added to a movers sale list, that effectively gives them priority on seats elsewhere. 

View might be slightly different, the new cunt next to ye might no wash, but overall I think the stadium needs a kick up the arse.

I get it must be shite having your seat moved when you’ve built up friendships around it over years and decades, and the social side is a big thing at games, but at the same time we need to move forward as a club and this just needs to happen regardless if folk are put out about it. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Nice.

Not sure about this as a great trial. Be drowned out by the 8k Geordies. :lol:

Potentially weighing up giving that lot full Broomloan/European allocation Vs if we had the singing section in our rightful home stand.

I'd like to hope this leads to that anyway, and not further diluting of a fixture.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nice.

Not sure about this as a great trial. Be drowned out by the 8k Geordies. :lol:

Tbh mate I sit in the stand and we do make decent noise but with that section over with us it will really add to it especially as they’d be central, I think it will do well 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Tbh mate I sit in the stand and we do make decent noise but with that section over with us it will really add to it especially as they’d be central, I think it will do well 

That old saying, Ibrox sings when the Copland sings.

Amplifying the noise and energy in that stand, and visible to everyone centrally and not tucked in a corner, it'll do really well. 

It's annoyed me it's took us this long to even trial something like this.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I think it's a great idea. I do feel for folk that would have to move if they didn't want to be part of it, but greater good etc. The Copland is the Rangers end and it should be where our noisiest fans are. 

27 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm sure it won't be a sell out but if every other ST holder in the ground buys their seat then that priority means nothing.

9 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

How do you go about getting tickets for that section?

All info here, CF3 for the singing section.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/Article/ticket-information-allan-mcgregor-testimonial/5jUo20U0hF2vcAzlhWo4el

As said above though, Broomloan Collective and the Union Bears may have first dibs.

9 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

All info here, CF3 for the singing section.

https://www.Rangers.co.uk/Article/ticket-information-allan-mcgregor-testimonial/5jUo20U0hF2vcAzlhWo4el

As said above though, Broomloan Collective and the Union Bears may have first dibs.

It would be a very Rangers thing to do if they didn’t