Welcome to Rangers, Sam Lammers

Bydo

Nervous on this one tbh.

Kyogo cost a bit more and his returns have been excellent. Its possible to find scorers at that level of investment. I'm hoping Beale knows what he's doing with this one, but if Lammers doesn't get over the 20 goal mark and plays primarily CF then there's questions need asked. We NEED goals across our front line

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nervous on this one tbh.

Kyogo cost a bit more and his returns have been excellent. Its possible to find scorers at that level of investment. I'm hoping Beale knows what he's doing with this one, but if Lammers doesn't get over the 20 goal mark and plays primarily CF then there's questions need asked. We NEED goals across our front line

Over 20 goals 😆 how many of our forwards have hit above that number ffs

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nervous on this one tbh.

If we win the league next season and Lammers scores say 12 goals along the way then nobody is going to ask any questions.

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nervous on this one tbh.

Kyogo cost a bit more and his returns have been excellent. It’s possible to find scorers at that level of investment. I'm hoping Beale knows what he's doing with this one, but if Lammers doesn't get over the 20 goal mark and plays primarily CF then there's questions need asked. We NEED goals across our front line

I’m just really hoping that he fits nicely into the system we’re planning on using then gets involved in creating & scoring.  

17 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Given how crucial recruitment is going to be this summer, I cant get behind this signing at all. It's absolutely bonkers to spend £3.5m on this guy on paper. I hope he proves me wrong. 

do you know much about him? 

the only stuff ive seen is on youtube, we al know how youtube comes across,  (ie) Matondo.

I trust Beale on this one, Beale know what type of player will fit his system, some fans felt the same way as cantwell. I trust Beale on his signings and what he wants them to bring to his system and playing style, these are players the manager wants not players that Wilson is signing, ive every confidence in Beale in signing players, if his signings are like his first two, Raskin and Cantwell? were in for a treat. 

this is all ive seen of Lammers. IMO he will do well in Scotland, great feet good finisher has some really good qualities in this video, lets be honest we all know how tough a league Italy is especially being a forward.  Im confident Lammers will be a hit in Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

the only stuff ive seen is on youtube, we al know how youtube comes across,  (ie) Matondo.

I trust Beale on this one, Beale know what type of player will fit his system, some fans felt the same way as cantwell. I trust Beale on his signings and what he wants them to bring to his system and playing style, these are players the manager wants not players that Wilson is signing, ive every confidence in Beale in signing players, if his signings are like his first two, Raskin and Cantwell? were in for a treat. 

this is all ive seen of Lammers. IMO he will do well in Scotland, great feet good finisher has some really good qualities in this video, lets be honest we all know how tough a league Italy is especially being a forward.  Im confident Lammers will be a hit in Scotland. 

Looks a player to me.

Good touch, bit of skill, doesn't look to be bullied off the ball easily considering his build.

I think he'll do really well here.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Looks a player to me.

Good touch, bit of skill, doesn't look to be bullied off the ball easily considering his build.

I think he'll do really well here.

so do i, he was signed for 9 million plus 2 mill add ons, it hasn't worked out in Italy for him the way he has wanted it to but Italy is a very tough league especially for a forward.  Im confident he will do well. 

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think bar the 55 season, most of our league winning teams have a CF in and around that level. 

Expecting a guy who's never hit those numbers and the last 3 seasons has never got out single digits is moronic 

23 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

You’re aware Raskin was a Wilson signing?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

You’re aware Raskin was a Wilson signing?

yea, we were going for him before Beale came in but im sure Beale would have had his say ? no?  just like kent and Morelos was told they are not getting new contracts, they were offered before Beale came in. 

31 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

99.9% of people on this forum won't know much about him. All you can really go off are his stats, which are absolute aids. 

This summer is massive for us. We cannot rebuild the squad with guys that don't cut it and spend significant amounts of money on them. Based on his stats and position I think people have every right to be worried about this piece of business.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

99.9% of people on this forum won't know much about him. All you can really go off are his stats, which are absolute aids. 

This summer is massive for us. We cannot rebuild the squad with guys that don't cut it and spend significant amounts of money on them. Based on his stats and position I think people have every right to be worried about this piece of business.

100 percent but i think he will do well, I trust Beale and Scottish football aint Italy.  

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

100 percent but i think he will do well, I trust Beale and Scottish football aint Italy.  

I hope he does well, but I can only go on the evidence available which suggests he won't. I'd be delighted to be wrong, but I can't pretend I'm not worried about this signing.

First guy Beale spoke to when meeting his signing targets. Must have been really keen to get him.

On that basis you have to assume Beale has a. a lot of faith in the lad and b. a plan in terms of how/where to play him.

I’m in the ‘we might be pleasantly surprised’ camp for the time being

His scoring record in Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga isn’t good, but the fact clubs from those leagues saw enough in him to sign him tells you theres a player in there. His scoring record for Heerenveen in Eredivisie, which is a league closer to our own than the other 3, is decent.

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

His scoring record in Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga isn’t good, but the fact clubs from those leagues saw enough in him to sign him tells you theres a player in there. His scoring record for Heerenveen in Eredivisie, which is a league closer to our own than the other 3, is decent.

Dunno but get Itten vibes with this one. Expecting him to come on and score goals which he hasn't done for 3 seasons isn't realistic 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think bar the 55 season, most of our league winning teams have a CF in and around that level. 

Beale was here for that season so it kind of suggests he isn’t going to be looking to rely on one player scoring most of the goals this time round either