Uefa Euro 2024 Qualifiers

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Scotland is part of the Union, you and the other lickspittles in our support might not like it but unfortunately for yous it’s a fact.

You conflating it with the flag of a foreign country like Ireland says it all.

In football there is no Union. There are 4 separate nations. 

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Scotland is part of the Union, but when it comes to football you're not supporting the UK, you're supporting Scotland. You don't see Wales or Northern Ireland taking Union Jacks to Welsh or NI games do you? You very rarely see it at England games either.

The only reason for anyone to bring a Union Jack to a Scotland game would be to try and wind up celtic fans, in the same way as the only reason to bring an Ireland flag would be to try and wind up Rangers fans. 

We're more or less on the same page mate but an Ireland flag has no place at a Scotland game, a Union flag does though.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Scotland is part of the Union, but when it comes to football you're not supporting the UK, you're supporting Scotland. You don't see Wales or Northern Ireland taking Union Jacks to Welsh or NI games do you? You rarely see it at England games either, so why would you take it to a Scotland game?

The only reason for anyone to bring a Union Jack to a Scotland game would be to try and wind up celtic fans, in the same way as the only reason to bring an Ireland flag would be to try and wind up Rangers fans. 

Northern Ireland fans will have Union Flags at games, that is without a doubt.

Now let me ask you a question - Do you conflate a Union Flag at a Scotland game being the same as a flag of a foreign Country like Ireland.

In the past i've cheered on the national team. I love my country and i'm proud to be Scottish.

I can't bring myself to support the Scottish national team at the moment though, for a few reasons. 

Steve Clarke. The guy is an arsehole, he hates us with a passion and his teams play the worst brand of "football" i've ever seen in my life. 

Unfortunately, the national team has been politicised and has attracted the republican element. I can't align myself to that. 

Rangers players being booed / banners etc. Again, scum behaviour. 

There are also too many tarriers / ex tarriers in that team for me. Again, i can't hate them one week and cheer for them the next. I just can't do that. 

There used to be a really good mix in the squad but not so much these days. 

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Scotland is part of the Union, but when it comes to football you're not supporting the UK, you're supporting Scotland. You don't see Wales or Northern Ireland taking Union Jacks to Welsh or NI games do you? You very rarely see it at England games either.

0_FBL-EURO-2020-2021-MATCH48-UKR-ENG-FAN

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ501EPf13slV8zln7Q6nl

cc9219de-a1ee-4de0-8d14-0848724a1048.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWjsIh5mVlN6uoG5CvyBh

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Unlike yourself, i wouldn’t embarrass myself as i have no idea of current circumstances. 

I hardly class declaring I  will not stop supporting my own country because some of its other fans do things i don’t like as embarrassing myself. I’m sure I can do way better than that

Genuinely anyone want to talk about the football? 😂

It wasn't a great game but I felt the tactics were spot on, especially in the 32 degree heat.

The ref was really poor IMO as Norway got a lot of decisions in their favour but ironically he bailed out Jack Hendry twice in the game at key moments. One of those moments was a possible penalty but I feel that decision evened itself out when the ref gave the actual penalty which IMO was never a pen.

Dykes was excellent and won the game for us. Had fuck all to go at most of the match and was repeately fouled with no protection from the referee. When it mattered he scored the equaliser then had an exquisite cushion of an assist for the winner.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Genuinely anyone want to talk about the football? 😂

It wasn't a great game but I felt the tactics were spot on, especially in the 32 degree heat.

The ref was really poor IMO as Norway got a lot of decisions in their favour but ironically he bailed out Jack Hendry twice in the game at key moments. One of those moments was a possible penalty but I feel that decision evened itself out when the ref gave the actaul penalty which IMO was never a pen.

Dykes was excellent and won the game for us. Had fuck all to go at most of the match and was repeately fouled with no protection from the referee. When it mattered he scored the equaliser then had an exquisite cushion of an assist for the winner.

Aye, if you watched the last 5 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

It's looking likely Scotland will be at the Euros next Summer. Probably Rangers players and supporters like Kenny McLean involved. Enjoy it.

Only three games in so steady.

Three (two) hard games but need to consolidate it with another two wins. Only six points from the next two games would be acceptable, four would be disappointing.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yet the folk arguing against Specky are liking your post.

We’re liking his post because like him ( probably) we are unionists but still support Scotland because we can differentiate between the team representing our own country and the less desirable elements of the support. 
As I already pointed out the majority of Scots voted in favour of the Union and the team represents them too