Who'd you give the job to?

RangersMedia

24 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We should be challenging for the league by being competitive.

We genuinely have no right to expect to win it when we have only won it once in the last decade, being consistently outspent by the team who have won it every other year.

I expect to win it and always have done. Every Rangers fan I have met is the same. You are in the minority I'd imagine. This season you'd maybe say it would be a tough ask due to the overhaul but that's it.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If people expect to win the league, then by default they have us as favourites.

The bookies are the organisations who's are of expertise is in determining odds and who are favourites.

Any Rangers fan who started the season thinking we are favourites obviously think they know more than bookies and that the bookies are being either stupid or trying to lose money.

I genuinely think people say they expect us to win the league, whilst genuinely accepting we will likely finish second.

Ha ha ha 

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

The bookies odds are the way they are because they are looking at the overall picture. celtic just coming off a treble and bringing back a manager who was previously successful and has a good track record in England. Similar reason as to why we were favourites going into 21/22, we had stability, were unbeaten and celtic were in a shambles.

The bookies also protect themselves by giving extremely short odds on Rangers to  as they know its a two horse race. We aren't huge underdogs in the bookies eyes.

Yes, bringing back a proven successful manager, who has won allot here and is inheriting a treble winning team is AA pretty good logic for expecting them to win the league this year.

Kinda my point.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes, bringing back a proven successful manager, who has won allot here and is inheriting a treble winning team is AA pretty good logic for expecting them to win the league this year.

Kinda my point.

So we should be angry then that we lost to them despite being bookies favourites last Sunday?

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I expect to win it and always have done. Every Rangers fan I have met is the same. You are in the minority I'd imagine. This season you'd maybe say it would be a tough ask due to the overhaul but that's it.

Nope, many say they expect to win it when they actually mean they hope to win it.

Expectation is to consistently beat the rest, be competitive in the old firms and be in with a chance at the business end of the season.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nope, many say they expect to win it when they actually mean they hope to win it.

Expectation is to consistently beat the rest, be competitive in the old firms and be in with a chance at the business end of the season.

😆 so you speak for those people? You know what they are thinking despite what they say.

Sorry but you have no clue 

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

So we should be angry then that we lost to them despite being bookies favourites last Sunday?

Can be angry about many things.

Angry our tactics seem to be a bit all over the shop. Angry we did not take advantage of their weakened defence, angry we lost to Killie earlier making us fall even further behind in the race.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can be angry about many things.

Angry our tactics seem to be a bit all over the shop. Angry we did not take advantage of their weakened defence, angry we lost to Killie earlier making us fall even further behind in the race.

But if the bookies expected us to beat celtic then shouldn't we expect to beat celtic rather just hope to beat them?

23 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

See this is just nonsense to me.

Do you accept that the bookies started the season with us as second favourite to win every competition in Scotland?

Do you think that the Bookies were doing this stupidly?

If not, why would you then possibly think we would win a treble?

You hope that we win them, but genuinely I don't believe people actually expect us to.

It's just this daft notion that people seem to think they would be less of a fan if they accepted the reality of the situation.

It’s not nonsense, it’s an opinion.

Nonsense is you speaking on behalf of the fanbase regarding expectation levels.

The bookies is based on the level of money that gets placed can affect odds, by pure statistical logic they are favourite, however if every Rangers fan in the world stuck a 10 spot on us to win then the odds would drop and change dramatically, look at the fluctuation in any manager odds.

Expectation is an individual position, there is no wrong in that, it may be flawed or unrealistic but it’s your own expectation.

If the fan base expectation is one of being an underdog as you suggested then why is everyone losing their shit about being behind? 

It’s not being Uber staunch to expect to win the league or indeed the treble, that should be the expectation at every big club that has a history of success.

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

But if the bookies expected us to beat celtic then shouldn't we expect to beat celtic rather just hope to beat them?

I think it would be pretty fair to expect the team who is favourites in a match to win it.

Doesn't mean it will happen obviously.

2 minutes ago, ayro said:

It’s not nonsense, it’s an opinion.

Nonsense is you speaking on behalf of the fanbase regarding expectation levels.

The bookies is based on the level of money that gets placed can affect odds, by pure statistical logic they are favourite, however if every Rangers fan in the world stuck a 10 spot on us to win then the odds would drop and change dramatically, look at the fluctuation in any manager odds.

Expectation is an individual position, there is no wrong in that, it may be flawed or unrealistic but it’s your own expectation.

If the fan base expectation is one of being an underdog as you suggested then why is everyone losing their shit about being behind? 

It’s not being Uber staunch to expect to win the league or indeed the treble, that should be the expectation at every big club that has a history of success.

And you are speaking for the fanbase to disagree with me.

Everyone is losing their shit as we just got embarrassed in Europe, have lost 50% of our league games and been chronic in every game we have played with our new signings looking shite.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Everyone is losing their shit as we just got embarrassed in Europe, have lost 50% of our league games and been chronic in every game we have played with our new signings looking shite.

He's not though. He's literally just said it's an individual opinion.

30 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Honestly imagine basing the hopes for the season on bookies odds 🤣

Celtic are favourites ach well second place it is then 

ha ha ha 

At the start of the season I’m sure it was 10/11 them and 7/4 us.

a couple of large bets would swing that to us as favourites ffs 

17 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Clownshoe 😂 what an insult 

Nae wonder mate 😂 have you ever heard a Rangers fan state that our expectations should be so low? To only be competitive in the league and that only the staunch fans will expect us to win the title every year? 

@mitre_mouldmaster you are a fucking embarrassing mess saying that shit. Only 1st place will do for every other Rangers fan I have ever met and nothing else. Never can we accept just being competitive. Every year our aim is winning that league title, regardless what state we are in, it's ingrained in the DNA of the club and the fans. 

Just now, Helmutschone said:

Nae wonder mate 😂 have you ever heard a Rangers fan state that our expectations should be so low? To only be competitive in the league and that only the staunch fans will expect us to win the title every year? 

@mitre_mouldmaster you are a fucking embarrassing mess saying that shit. Only 1st place will do for every other Rangers fan I have ever met and nothing else. Never can we accept just being competitive. Every year our aim is winning that league title, regardless what state we are in, it's ingrained in the DNA of the club and the fans. 

We have won the league 1 time in the last 12 years.

We have won the league 6 times in this millennium.

It gets to a point where you have to accept that we have lost the right to consider ourselves favourites.

Like it or not, but they have a more experienced manager, a bigger transfer budget and are an established treble winning team. They started the season as favourites, and are now further ahead.

Beale has so far shown not to be competitive, falling behind in both the matches against the dross and also in a home game against them with a makeshift defence. 

42 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

My disagreement with you is based on my opinion and those people that I go to games with, not the wider fanbase.

To simplify your position on this do you expect to win the league or hope to win the league?

I will be clear, I expect to win the league and if we don’t then it’s a failure.

13 minutes ago, Helmutschone said:

Staunch McStaunch face 

42 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

At the start of the season I’m sure it was 10/11 them and 7/4 us.

a couple of large bets would swing that to us as favourites ffs 

@mitre_mouldmasterdoesn't really understand how bookies markets are formulated 

Bookies odds have zero bearing these days....take last seasons premier league Man City were short price favourites (yes they eventually won it) and Arsenal were 5th or 6th favourites, Arsenal eventually blew up but spent the majority of the season top off the league....I'm quite sure when the bookies collated their odds for that season that at no point did they see Arsenal being top of the table for any length of time

9 minutes ago, ayro said:

My disagreement with you is based on my opinion and those people that I go to games with, not the wider fanbase.

To simplify your position on this do you expect to win the league or hope to win the league?

I will be clear, I expect to win the league and if we don’t then it’s a failure.

Like I said at the start of the season, I hoped to win the league, but they had a bigger budget, a settled team and a more proven manager, so expected us to fall short.

As long as we are competitive, and showing signs of progress then we would be meeting our goal. We are however looking to be going backwards, which is why Beale is under pressure.