Hangers On From #55

BridgeIsBlue

44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Jack was a joke today, couldn't make simple 10 yard passes and looked like he was running through mud.

Infuriating watching these imposters who let us down time and time again start these games.

He’s a fucking disgrace, old man Jack hobbling about the middle of the park and folk still think he’s ‘controlling the tempo’ like it’s 2019 

26 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If Ryan Jack seriously thought he’d get £38k on a 2 year deal from the club then it’s not only his knee that’s mangled these days  though I don’t believe that

I heard at the time he was wanting a wage increase. I remember questioning a poster on here when they were talking about him getting a renewal on reduced wages. I think I said something like "I'm not so sure he'll be on a reduced wage".

Could have been @BlueSuedeSambas

4 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think there's a valid point in there, but there's a much bigger picture around the fact that the likes of Raskin looked worse than Jack today.

We genuinely couldn't have made a bigger shambles of our squad since 55. 

Gerrard was to blame for not allowing Morelos & Co to be sold. 

We then hung onto Kamara and Kent for far too long when we could have got decent money for them.

Tavernier could have gone for decent money and Patterson replaced him.

It's just been rudderless since that trophy day against Aberdeen.

Gerrard was to blame?? He was here for 3 months into the next season and had us on top when he left, we woulda went on n won league again, and then woulda been the time to sell Morelos Kent etc... And especially after the Europa run they should went then. 

Don't think Gerrard is to blame for anything that has happened since 55, he got us back to where we should be and left us in a position of strength, board and management after that have made a complete arse of nearly everything 

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Gerrard was to blame?? He was here for 3 months into the next season and had us on top when he left, we woulda went on n won league again, and then woulda been the time to sell Morelos Kent etc... And especially after the Europa run they should went then. 

Don't think Gerrard is to blame for anything that has happened since 55, he got us back to where we should be and left us in a position of strength, board and management after that have made a complete arse of nearly everything 

Gerrard left us with the squad full of gutless bastards that would have shat the bed that season even if he stayed (dropped 9pts out of 39 before he left) 

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We then hung onto Kamara and Kent for far too long when we could have got decent money for them.

The consensus on here was that morelos should've been retained. It's only in recent months the tide has finally turned and the majority of the support now realises we're a selling club like almost every other club in the world. 

We've almost had to go through the process of hanging onto players who other clubs were willing to buy, for people to see the error in that. So it's not fair to blame Gerrard for that. 

No one was offering us 10 million for Tavernier. Patterson barely kicked a ball for us, was a great deal and we did the right thing selling when we did. The error we've made is not realising at least one or two of tav, goldson and barasic would need replaced as they're all getting older and slower. 

14 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think there's a valid point in there, but there's a much bigger picture around the fact that the likes of Raskin looked worse than Jack today.

We genuinely couldn't have made a bigger shambles of our squad since 55. 

The issue i have with our midfield is that the likes of raskin and co have their jobs arse from elbow

Other teams have attacking fullbacks, but their system isbt built around it, so their midfielders get to do their primary job of being midfielders and covering fullbacks is a secondary, every so often job

We tell our born and bred centre mids not to centre mid, but to fullback and every so often be centre mids

Again square pegs round holes

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I heard at the time he was wanting a wage increase. I remember questioning a poster on here when they were talking about him getting a renewal on reduced wages. I think I said something like "I'm not so sure he'll be on a reduced wage".

He was after a 2 year deal on £38k a week. Was told 1 year @ £19k (apparently his current wage) with another year if conditions were met. 

You want to have seen what kent apparently wanted, but its at a level where it was only ever gonnae be knocked back 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard left us with the squad full of gutless bastards that would have shat the bed that season even if he stayed (dropped 9pts out of 39 before he left) 

They gutless bastards got to a Europa final, after that was the time to start moving players like Tav, Borna, Lundstram, Jack, Morelos Kent, Kamara on, these players shoulda went down has good memories for the fans.... But everyone of them has overstayed their welcome n it's turned sour

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it was me. Absolute madness if we have increased his wage  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

He was after a 2 year deal on £38k a week. Was told 1 year @ £19k (apparently his current wage) with another year if conditions were met. 

You want to have seen what kent apparently wanted, but its at a level where it was only ever gonnae be knocked back 

At the AGM they basically said Kent and Morelos' wage demands were unrealistic.

The ball broke in their RB area in the second half and Jack genuinely looked like he was running through quicksand to get it, it was absolutely horrendous. 

Barisic heart of a mouse at the best of times. 

Loved Tav and if he’s to stay he needs phased out this season and back up or told to go. 

Goldson as well, unforgivable moments at the heart of the defence, another one too the list today. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The ball broke in their RB area in the second half and Jack genuinely looked like he was running through quicksand to get it, it was absolutely horrendous. 

Barisic heart of a mouse at the best of times. 

Loved Tav and if he’s to stay he needs phased out this season and back up or told to go. 

Goldson as well, unforgivable moments at the heart of the defence, another one too the list today. 

Have to say that after an incident last night with me, my wife and the kids and a border terrier and a lurcher chasing fuck out of a mouse in the kitchen with it nearly running up my wife’s leg, getting shaken by a dog and still escaping and running away think that’s a bit harsh on mice tbh.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Got laughed at when I said Jack shouldn't have been given a new contract, ridiculed about wanting Tav and Goldson out the door etc... but here we are now. 

You want a rebuild, a proper rebuild, you start from new. Not carrying on with those who have huge scarring and loser mentality keeping there place at the top of the hierarchy.

No you didn’t 

If Jack and Lundstrum had been moved on to another spl team in the Summer. I wouldn’t be the slightest bit worried coming up against them.

Imagine being a manager and seeing an opposition midfield of Jack, Lundstrum, Raskin or Cifu.

Bit of pressure and the ball is going back to the keeper, sideways or getting hoofed aimlessly forward.

Don’t have to worry about them playing through you because they can’t.

Don’t have to worry about tracking them as runners because they don’t get forward into the box.

Don’t have to worry about them shooting because they can’t do that.

23 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

What was Kent wanting?

21 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The consensus on here was that morelos should've been retained. It's only in recent months the tide has finally turned and the majority of the support now realises we're a selling club like almost every other club in the world. 

We've almost had to go through the process of hanging onto players who other clubs were willing to buy, for people to see the error in that. So it's not fair to blame Gerrard for that. 

No one was offering us 10 million for Tavernier. Patterson barely kicked a ball for us, was a great deal and we did the right thing selling when we did. The error we've made is not realising at least one or two of tav, goldson and barasic would need replaced as they're all getting older and slower. 

'The consensus on here was that Morelos should be retrained' - Wow football fans being in being loyal shocker, I'm sure that could be said for countless good players that leave teams. But it's up to our Board and Management to weigh up whether him leaving for £16 Million is more progressive for our squad or not. 

Patterson shouldn't have been sold and we could easily have found a team wanting to pick up Tavernier if we had put out the feelers and told him he needed to go.

Your last paragraph essentially agrees with what I've said. We've failed to have this 'player trading model' we've gone on about for years. There has been countless opportunities to cash in and freshen up the squad.

We're here years and years later with Tav, Goldson & Barisic in our starting back 4. 

50 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Although he didn't play today, we've got a leftback who was openly called a shitebag in an old firm and he's still here. 

Between that and our captain, its no wonder we've got such a spineless mentality.

He should have been finished last season. Consistantly shits the bed when the chips are down yet he's STILL first choice. Unbelievable decision to sign Yilmaz to now be our 3rd choice LB today.