Dessers

BigBearButt

1 minute ago, left winger said:

When we sign another centre forward we should be be using Dessers as a benchmark, we shouldn’t even be considering him.

And when we’re doing that we’ll be looking at a level high above Shankland - hopefully.

I hope we’ll be looking at better too but he’s definitely an improvement on Dessers current form.

36 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

But he wouldnt need to convert 30% , 20% of more chances would still be more goals 

If he creates more chances than Dessers then yes but nothing in stats for this season suggests he will. 
They are neck and neck in terms of goal contributions pro rata pitch time.

If it’s the same return it’s not an upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

When we sign another centre forward we should be be using Dessers as a benchmark, we shouldn’t even be considering him.

And when we’re doing that we’ll be looking at a level high above Shankland - hopefully.

We need a striker now. You are not getting top of the range in January as will be way out our market. We won't have much to spend and need to spend what we have in a few areas. Shankland is one of the best strikers in Scotland, better than anything we have bar a fit Roofe that is never happening. 

He improved us up top significantly just now, that's enough for me if we want this league title.

In the summer Roofe, Dessers and the likes should be off and we can build real quality then but right now a tried and tested player who scores in our league is a no brainer.

Danilo is fucked and Roofe is unreliable. Playing the diddy Dessers up top isn't an option 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

If he creates more chances than Dessers then yes but nothing in stats for this season suggests he will. 

Hes not creating chances the team do , mate this is very simple and if you cant understand it im not sure how i can break it down for you 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

He’s five goals more in a worse team. He scores plus 20 goals most seasons, Dessers doesn’t. 

FFS.

He’s played 600mins more than Dessers to date.

He’s playing in poorer team than Rangers but against less defensive opponents and inferior European opposition.

He also creates less assists.

Add it all up and they both average the exact same return so far this season.

And before anyone says it’s a poor Hearts team, they are sitting third and on course to better last season’s points tally by a point so they aren’t in any sort of decline. 

iMO he’d be a waste of money, unless we get him for £1m or less, which ain’t happening.

27 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Regardless he's an upgrade on Dessers. Folk who assume fans don't see a lot of Hearts who play in our league, who play us and them 4 times a season 😆 

He's been their best player in Europe too btw.

Just because you may not have seen much of him don't assume others have not.

Bet you would have been the type to write off Kris Boyd too. You will deny it but everyone here knows it.

OK, I’ll give you that one regards folk watching Shankland and will bow to their superior player knowledge 🤣.

As for the Boyd comment in bold, it’s just the usual shite you get to expect on here: Spurious made up nonsense  to deflect from the discussion in hand.

So to summarise, you’d be happy for Rangers to spend money on Shankland in January because he’s a better player despite the fact that his goal scoring and assists combined averages out no better or worse than Dessers this season?

21 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Hes not creating chances the team do , mate this is very simple and if you cant understand it im not sure how i can break it down for you 

So if Shankland doesn’t create chances, Dessers doesn’t have to either?

OR

You saying the team isn’t  creating enough chances for Dessers but they will for Shankland?

And by doing so Shankland will suddenly up his conversion and accuracy rates and become a more efficient goalscorer than he is, simply because he’s playing for Rangers?

You are gong to have to explain yourself as your post isn’t making much sense to me.

7 minutes ago, beararse said:

So if Shankland doesn’t create chances, Dessers doesn’t have to either?

OR

You saying the team isn’t  creating enough chances for Dessers but they will for Shankland?

And by doing so Shankland will suddenly up his conversion and accuracy rates and become a more efficient goalscorer than he is, simply because he’s playing for Rangers?

You are gong to have to explain yourself as your post isn’t making much sense to me.

Rangers create more goal scoring opportunities than hearts do 

14 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Rangers create more goal scoring opportunities than hearts do 

Yep. Agreed.

Does that make strikers more efficient in terms of converting their chances at a higher rate , or are they just scoring more goals by virtue of more chances but at the same conversion rate?

As that’s what we’re talking about: conversion of chances, not goals scored.

I’ve already been thro this but to recap,  irrespective of what you think of him as a footballer, pro rata Dessers is one goal behind Shankland this season, and one assist ahead so it’s a net return. 

You wanting to spend a few million on a striker with the exact same goal contribution return as the one we have, who’s been branded a dud from all and sundry?

Just now, beararse said:

Yep. Agreed.

Does that make strikers more efficient in terms of converting their chances at a higher rate , or are they just scoring more goals by virtue of more chances but at the same conversion rate?

I’ve already been thro this but to recap,  irrespective of what you think of him as a footballer, pro rata Dessers is one goal behind Shankland this season, and one assist ahead so it’s a net return. 

You wanting to spend a few million on a striker with the exact same goal contribution return as the one we have, who’s been branded a dud from all and sundry?

So you’re trying to tell us Shankland has scored more? Get him signed 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep. Agreed.

Read that again slowly , youve agreed we create more chances  so that would = shankland scoring more here than at hearts , its actually making my head hurt talking to you 

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

There's no point.

You rate a complete donkey over an actual striker.

I said I'd be happy with Shankland over Dessers. With him we have a better chance to win the league. I couldn't make that any easier for you to understand unless you want it in alphabetti spaghetti?

Similarly, I’ll spell it out for you.

Shankland and Dessers have contributed the EXACT same to their teams goal tally this season if you even out their contribution based on time actually on the pitch.

The EXACT same!

So how do we have a better chance of winning the league if we have a striker contribution the exact same as the ‘shite’ one we already have?

Is it just a feeling you have?

Or do you simply prefer to watch someone more appealing on the eye for 3m quid or whatever Hearts would be looking for?

Or have you just made up your mind Dessers is shite and Shankland is miles better despite evidence to the contrary this season?

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Similarly, I’ll spell it out for you.

Shankland and Dessers have contributed the EXACT same to their teams goal tally this season if you even out their contribution based on time actually on the pitch.

The EXACT same!

So how do we have a better chance of winning the league if we have a striker contribution the exact same as the ‘shite’ one we already have?

Is it just a feeling you have?

Or do you simply prefer to watch someone more appealing on the eye for 3m quid or whatever Hearts would be looking for?

Or have you just made up your mind Dessers is shite and Shankland is miles better despite evidence to the contrary this season?

playing for a far worse team...

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Read that again slowly , youve agreed we create more chances  so that would = shankland scoring more here than at hearts , its actually making my head hurt talking to you 

First off it’s not about scoring more than he has/will at Hearts although you would assume that’s a given.

We create more chances so yes he obviously should score more goals but his conversion rate this season is worse than Dessers so assuming Rangers create the same amount of chances for either, you’d be marginally worse off with Shankland at the helm unless he suddenly becomes more clinical.

Not sure how you, or the others are failing to grasp this.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not saying Dessers is a better footballer.  I’m saying  his contribution to goals scored  is the EXACT same as Shanklands as things stand at present.