Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

8 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

This, the ibrox OF game last month would have been a dead rubber had beale stayed, they'd have cantered to the title

We wouldn't have won the League Cup, got to Scottish Cup Final or made it to the last 16 of the Europa either. He'd have continued on with Lammers too.

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think folk (myself included) have avoided criticising him too much for what has been some pretty questionable decision making.

Made some howling calls over the last month, that he’s largely dodged any flak for.

Yesterday a lot of that came to a head. 

That's fine. He clearly isn't without faults. Said myself yesterday that if we didn't win after starting 2 in midfield again then he deserves criticism, and I still think that is the case. 

To use Beale's win against celtic as a stick to beat him with is beyond pathetic though. Where does it end with using that as an example? Do you use Beale's 3-0 win against Leverkusen in a friendly as an examplel as well given that they're on for an undefeated treble this season? How whacky does that type of logic get? 

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

That's fine. He clearly isn't without faults. Said myself yesterday that if we didn't win after starting 2 in midfield again then he deserves criticism, and I still think that is the case. 

To use Beale's win against celtic as a stick to beat him with is beyond pathetic though. Where does it end with using that as an example? Do you use Beale's 3-0 win against Leverkusen in a friendly as an examplel as well given that they're on for an undefeated treble this season? How whacky does that type of logic get? 

Beale dropped 9pts out of 21 this season, fucking horrific and imagine the state of us had he been kept on

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The thing is no matter what he did would have people saying it was a joke. Posters were saying Sterling in midfield, then screaming blue murder at the prospect of McCausland/Wright starting RW. No matter what he did he was going to get questioned.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

The thing is no matter what he did would have people saying it was a joke. Posters were saying Sterling in midfield, then screaming blue murder at the prospect of McCausland/Wright starting RW. No matter what he did he was going to get questioned.

Midfield 3 including Sterling was the priority and everything else should have been built around it 

There wasn't imo a perfect 11 but there sure as fuck was a better one that wouldn't have had the outcome obviously predictable when Ckements team was announced.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Midfield 3 including Sterling was the priority and everything else should have been built around it 

There wasn't imo a perfect 11 but there sure as fuck was a better one that wouldn't have had the outcome obviously predictable when Ckements team was announced.

Midfield 3 of Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande likely does nothing and leaves us hemmed in just as much.

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is Clement a manager or a coach?

If he doesn't get enough players brought in by Kloppen to make his 4231 work does he have the capability to find a plan B and make it successful?

It's not looking likely.

I fear this is the case also. I hope he proves us wrong. 

36 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Midfield 3 of Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande likely does nothing and leaves us hemmed in just as much.

I’m not so sure. Sterling sitting on mcgregor nullifies most of their midfield threat and offers us a rapid player to play the ball in to. 

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m not so sure. Sterling sitting on mcgregor nullifies most of their midfield threat and offers us a rapid player to play the ball in to. 

What’s Sterling going to do with the ball?

11 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

It doesn’t really. O’Riley ran riot against us yesterday. There’s absolutely zero point putting somebody on McGregor to nullify him if our own number six (Lundstram) is going to neglect his own defensive duties and grant O’Riley the freedom of the park further forward.

O’Riley and Forest were literally having shooting practice at our goal for a large period of the first half. 

If it weren’t for Butland that game easily could have ended about 5–1. Souttar near put through our net too in the first 3 minutes of the game, Kyogo should have scored and they had a penalty saved

Butland may aswell have been playing them on his own 

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It doesn’t really. O’Riley ran riot against us yesterday. There’s absolutely zero point putting somebody on McGregor to nullify him if our own number six (Lundstram) is going to neglect his own defensive duties and grant O’Riley the freedom of the park further forward.

It does. Lundstrum at times was caught because lawrence wasn’t tracking mcgregor well enough. Imo Sterling on mcgregor helps. Leaves dio on maeda and lundstrum on oreilly. It’s a problem that needs fixing asap.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

It stops us being over run in midfield against their 3. Its not about being hemmed in its about being outnumbered.

Taylor caused no issued and was negated by Sterling. But both CHs and Johnston plus Mcgregor and O'Reilly killed us because Silva Lawrence and Dessers had no clue defensively.

Sort out their overload in midfield and there's more chance a front 3 rather thN front 4 can get more joy.

43 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Shoot, lay it off, play someone in? Sterling is not bad on the ball imo. 

He's fish out of water out on the wing, albeit doing ok, he'd be in no mans land far up the mark in the middle.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It stops us being over run in midfield against their 3. Its not about being hemmed in its about being outnumbered.

Taylor caused no issued and was negated by Sterling. But both CHs and Johnston plus Mcgregor and O'Reilly killed us because Silva Lawrence and Dessers had no clue defensively.

Sort out their overload in midfield and there's more chance a front 3 rather thN front 4 can get more joy.

Who would have thought a natural RB would be good at defending on the right side?

35 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We simply can't play 2 holding midfielders against their 3 to accommodate us having a 4 man forward line.

It doesn't matter who the 2 are or the front 4 are. The front 4 continously get breached and then the midfield is overloaded with an additional opponent midfielder plus their introverted fullbacks.

4231 is doomed with the players currently available for it.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Who would have thought a natural RB would be good at defending on the right side?

What are you talking about?

Sterling? He didn't really defend he just stopped Taylor from advancing as much as Taylor stopped him from being an outside right. Cancelled out in the sense neither was particularly involved in the game isn't a tactical win for the manager given we got beat.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What are you talking about?

Sterling? He didn't really defend he just stopped Taylor from advancing as much as Taylor stopped him from being an outside right. Cancelled out in the sense neither was particularly involved in the game isn't a tactical win for the manager given we got beat.

Yes, and you remove him then it's not going to make much difference and people would be cursing Clement for starting Wright/McCausland.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

Shoot, lay it off, play someone in? Sterling is not bad on the ball imo. 

Far better on the ball than he’s given credit for. Folk have a fat wank over Dio but Sterling doesn’t make a tenth of the stupid decisions Dio does in the middle of the park