CEO Fans’ Forum Tonight

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

All for increased capacity, fill the corners in and that should get us over 60k.

Safe standing should be the biggest priority though. 

Defo needs brought in mate. I’m hoping to get me and the boys season ticket moved to in it or right next to it

Dropping the pitch would be lovely, get the fans tighter and ontop of the pitch would make ibrox much more intimidating. Probably would add about 3/4K seats too. 

take the screens away and fill in that should be good for another 6k’ish then either suspend screens from the roof or fit them where the glass staircases are on the other corners. 

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s what the club say, but I highly doubt it considering we’ve barely sold out this season, never even sold out a Champions League last round qualifier.

We regularly get less than 40k in cups.

Tbf I've got two mates that can't get a ST for the life of them and they're trying constantly.

I'd say most of those games also didn't sell put because we're fucking shite to watch with players who bore the arse off everyone, only really with the new manager has there been some excitement.

32 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Dropping the pitch would be lovely, get the fans tighter and ontop of the pitch would make ibrox much more intimidating. Probably would add about 3/4K seats too. 

take the screens away and fill in that should be good for another 6k’ish then either suspend screens from the roof or fit them where the glass staircases are on the other corners. 

Sacrilege! 

The corners would need completely redone and not just the case of taking the screens away and putting seats in there. 

Can't believe they'd add an extra 20k down to cost being the major factor in it, say we could afford it in some alternate reality, I don't think being unable fill it or not being suitable for Scottish football is reason for not doing so, 70k Ibrox pipe dream 100% but what a dream.

10 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think the same, pretty sure it's a misquote. 

Copland and Broomloan are around 7.5-8k each, so I'm assuming he said increasing them each to 8-10k, not an additional 8-10k, or at most 8-10k additional across both.

There is zero chance the board are considering an extra 20k seats.

I think this is what they meant. 

9 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Speaking of. I got bored and asked AI to show me what Ibrox could look like with 60k.

Think it just straight up ignored me and designed a new stadium 😂

_43609819-a17c-4184-b25c-7acde06fdb39.thumb.jpeg.bb2abac944f0f68b139ef3ac5ccfaa62.jpeg

_78afe3b6-db3b-4728-91ca-77061991c31d.thumb.jpeg.ead21d07f3eb433f7bb5a482f34ca7c8.jpeg

If we ever had any major refurbishment done of the other stands I would dream of them continuing the red brick facade round the full way somehow with the replica styled windows of the same Leitch look. But it’s a dream because fuck knows how you’d do that and how much it would cost :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If we ever had any major refurbishment done of the other stands I would dream of them continuing the red brick facade round the full way somehow with the replica styled windows of the same Leitch look. But it’s a dream because fuck knows how you’d do that and how much it would cost :lol: 

I asked what it would estimate the costs to be based on the images that it has designed, it went off and researched stadium builds past and present, even found our ideas for the corners etc, lowering the pitch, seats in behind the goals, and then it came back and said something like the above, would have a starting point of about £150m. 

It also then broke down those costs individually and reckons we could get the corners filled in for £25m.

Seats behind the goals for £15m.

Not sure how accurate a starting point those costs would actually be. 

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I asked what it would estimate the costs to be based on the images that it has designed, it went off and researched stadium builds past and present, even found our ideas for the corners etc, lowering the pitch, seats in behind the goals, and then it came back and said something like the above, would have a starting point of about £150m. 

It also then broke down those costs individually and reckons we could get the corners filled in for £25m.

Seats behind the goals for £15m.

Not sure how accurate a starting point those costs would actually be. 

AI is going to destroy us all

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

AI is going to destroy us all

I actually misquoted the corner filling cost 😳😂

"According to my research, there are different options for Ibrox stadium expansion that would increase the capacity by at least ten thousand.

One option is to fill in the corners between the Copland, Broomloan and Sandy Jardine stands, which would add about 1500 seats per corner. This option is estimated to cost between £3-4 million per corner, so the total cost would be between £12-16 million.

Another option is to lower the pitch, which would add around 4500 seats. This option would also require major investment, but the exact cost is not specified in anything I can find.

A third option is to expand the Copland and Broomloan stands by 8000 to 10000 seats each. This option is the most ambitious and expensive, as it would cost upwards of £20 million per stand. The total cost would be over £40 million.

Therefore, the realistic option would be filling in the corners at Ibrox to increase the capacity by at least ten thousand would be between £12-16 million, depending on the design and construction. However, this option would not be the most effective in terms of increasing the capacity, as the other options would add more seats."

9 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I actually misquoted the corner filling cost 😳😂

"According to my research, there are different options for Ibrox stadium expansion that would increase the capacity by at least ten thousand.

One option is to fill in the corners between the Copland, Broomloan and Sandy Jardine stands, which would add about 1500 seats per corner. This option is estimated to cost between £3-4 million per corner, so the total cost would be between £12-16 million.

Another option is to lower the pitch, which would add around 4500 seats. This option would also require major investment, but the exact cost is not specified in anything I can find.

A third option is to expand the Copland and Broomloan stands by 8000 to 10000 seats each. This option is the most ambitious and expensive, as it would cost upwards of £20 million per stand. The total cost would be over £40 million.

Therefore, the realistic option would be filling in the corners at Ibrox to increase the capacity by at least ten thousand would be between £12-16 million, depending on the design and construction. However, this option would not be the most effective in terms of increasing the capacity, as the other options would add more seats."

Would definitely go over budget and wouldn’t come in at those costs 

Just now, RFC55 said:

Would definitely go over budget and wouldn’t come in at those costs 

Pretty much. It'll have just been gathering figures based off of material costs and the job going perfectly. 

Won't factor in anything else. For example with the corner price, 3-4m a corner seems cheap, but it'd probably be closer to ten a corner.

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’ll get MyGers points for buying merchandise from Rangers

only thing thats a bit shite with that is when people are buying for gifts. the wife usually gets me rangers tops for xmas but she knows if she used my mygers I'd see the transaction. I imagine a lot of other people would be in that situation also. Same with the Ibrox tour, she had to book it not on my account therefore I didn't get any points for it.

Just now, stevemac said:

only thing thats a bit shite with that is when people are buying for gifts. the wife usually gets me rangers tops for xmas but she knows if she used my mygers I'd see the transaction. I imagine a lot of other people would be in that situation also. Same with the Ibrox tour, she had to book it not on my account therefore I didn't get any points for it.

This is where they may have to link cards etc.

it’s a nightmare but they’ll know people will buy Xmas gifts etc but technically you’re not buying it so it should be your mrs my gers points and not yours as shite as that is 

6 minutes ago, stevemac said:

It’s shite altogether.