Todd Cantwell

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You do rate shite players tbf

I think the only players I’ve rated that has gone against the grain on here are Kent and Cantwell.

There are players I don’t like that others do but can’t think of many others who I’ve argued are good but the majority disagree.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think the only players I’ve rated that has gone against the grain on here are Kent and Cantwell.

There are players I don’t like that others do but can’t think of many others who I’ve argued are good but the majority disagree.

It's the way it goes but. People like players then hate them. Most hated Morelos at the end up too. 

They're good when they're good but then they're total arseholes.

Personally I liked Morelos and Kent, till the end up. Like a lot on here, thought we wouldn't hold onto Cantwell after 6 months either. People were selling him off as he would be that good. 

None of them turned out that way (Cantwell pending). Fans are fuck all to do with how players turn out. 

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Was fully expecting Windass patter from you, won’t lie, disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Just me that thinks Cantwells abilty/talent is a myth? 

Should we not maybe sell/get rid of Lawrence and Dowell first. Try and pinpoint midfielders with quality or experience before we bin them all. 

Otherwise we might find ourselves in a situation where our midfield is decimated to start the season and qualifying rounds. 

He's not one I'd be binning first before we've got some in or identified "certs" to come in. 

24 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Should we not maybe sell/get rid of Lawrence and Dowell first. Try and pinpoint midfielders with quality or experience before we bin them all. 

Otherwise we might find ourselves in a situation where our midfield is decimated to start the season and qualifying rounds. 

He's not one I'd be binning first before we've got some in or identified "certs" to come in. 

Cantwell is the only one of those 3 we will be able to get a few million for to reinvest

41 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Put aside the questions around his mentality, I think he has ability and talent but not enough to play in his favoured position in the style he tries to play.

At Norwich he was effective when he made late runs into the box or positioned himself for a tap in off Pukki. I really don't rate him when he has the ball at his feet for an extended period of time and is trying to take people on or dictate play. I don't think he's good at that at all. 

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Think he falls into the category as somebody who has natural talent and was probably a “baller” when he was a teenager, but he’s never developed past that into a more well rounded player who can actually play as part of a team and do anything other than the things he wants to do for himself within a game.

43 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Bottom line is that they all have to go.

Would have liked Garcia’s dig in midfield but, if we have to start with Barron, Raskin, Sterling, Diomande supported by Rice and Hagi, it will be better than last season. Definitely more midfielders to come in imo.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Put aside the questions around his mentality, I think he has ability and talent but not enough to play in his favoured position in the style he tries to play.

At Norwich he was effective when he made late runs into the box or positioned himself for a tap in off Pukki. I really don't rate him when he has the ball at his feet for an extended period of time and is trying to take people on or dictate play. I don't think he's good at that at all. 

I find it really interesting how everybody who rates him, seems to see him as a number ten even though he had barely every played as one before he came to us.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I find it really interesting how everybody who rates him, seems to see him as a number ten even though he had barely every played as one before he came to us.

Probably because in days gone by your most overtly skilful player was the inside forward/second striker/attacking midfielder, so any bit of skill I think dazzles people and they assume that's where they should play. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I can't see Cantwell being here much longer - too much speculation. One of the rumours will stick. He's never been one of Clement's favs.

JC probably doesn't like him because cantwell doesn't suit his style of tactics or formation but then again, nae cunt knows what jc style of tactics and formation is, hell at times i don't think jc knows.